• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Basketball Recruiting

I like hearing the Kelby was a tennis player who just happened to sprout. That bodes well for his quickness as a big. I can think of another Griz great who was a tennis player and turned out to have great wheels.

I don't doubt Tim Falls has modeled his game after Steph Curry. His jump shot looks similar, and similarly quick. Dublin's not far from Oracle.

I really like this group, as well as transfer big. Plus the return of a redshirt after a year to heal, and that's a solid group.

PeauxRouge said:
I like hearing the Kelby was a tennis player who just happened to sprout. That bodes well for his quickness as a big. I can think of another Griz great who was a tennis player and turned out to have great wheels.

I like it from a footwork standpoint! In tennis, if you can't move and THEN get your feet right to get your base set to square your shoulders for the shot, you have no chance....Perfect training for a big man's development! :thumb:

Since there is one more scholarship opening up for next year, any ideas on who is still available? A Juco big that would be a sophomore next year wouldn't hurt. Is Jacob Hughes still on the radar? I think another young guard to bring along wouldn't hurt either.

flatheadgriz406 said:
Trevon Ary-Turner (6-3, 180, 2★) committed to Weber State as of 1/19. Was hoping we might snag him as a late recruit.

We really don't need another guard. I'm still hoping another big comes our way, that is eligible for 2017/18 season.

mtgrizrule said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
Trevon Ary-Turner (6-3, 180, 2★) committed to Weber State as of 1/19. Was hoping we might snag him as a late recruit.

We really don't need another guard. I'm still hoping another big comes our way, that is eligible for 2017/18 season.

I'm not sure we couldn't use another guard. There will be log jam in the post for the next 2 years with or without Alphonso (hopefully with!). We lose 3 guards this year with only Timmy coming in. I really like David Jenkins Jr. I saw he retweeted a gogriz article the other day.

MtTarheel said:
mtgrizrule said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

I'm not sure we couldn't use another guard. There will be log jam in the post for the next 2 years with or without Alphonso (hopefully with!). We lose 3 guards this year with only Timmy coming in. I really like David Jenkins Jr. I saw he retweeted a gogriz article the other day.

I agree. It will help ease the blow when we lose Rorie and Oguine. Having a backcourt running mate for Falls would be nice. Another young shooter would be great too. Adding a D and 3 guy every other year is great although I think they are hard to come by. Especially when our current guys Gfeller and Moorehead are in a .... slump.
Travis is putting a good mix together but I think another versatile guard would do us well. All that being said another Brunig or Bolomboy probably wouldn't hurt. :cool:

Great Falls High's Howard going to EWU? Scuttlebutt I heard from the Butte game. He's a bit small for a BSC power forward but has skills. Hate to not get Evans...

Buttegrizzle said:
Great Falls High's Howard going to EWU? Scuttlebutt I heard from the Butte game. He's a bit small for a BSC power forward but has skills. Hate to not get Evans...

Hey Butte Grizzle...not intended as smack but have had some conversations with Butte friends asking the when Butte last put a men's player into college basketball and who was he. I've watched the Frontier pretty close and don't think there is a Butte kid on any roster there for at least 3 years nor Cats/Griz for many years now. Weird to not have one kid that can rise to the level of NAIA basketball in what seems like a decade.

Buttegrizzle said:
A Billings Gazette article today also listed Howard as an EWU commit.

grizband said:
Buttegrizzle said:
A Billings Gazette article today also listed Howard as an EWU commit.

Man, you guys are late to the party. He committed in the early signing period.

Back