• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2008 Griz Football Recruiting List

WyomingGrizFan said:
AG2 said:
Re/Max your signature is too big, it bothers everyone.

Besides which, I liked his old avatar much better. sorry about that, the Devil made me do it.

Any more star-studded recruits? We need at least ten more don't we?

Yes, but Hauck and Co are ignoring two of the best players in the state.

Payton, do you think you could either start a new thread or update the list to show what we have for verbals?

Take the last one Payton put together . . .

Cady, Tyzer RB/Ath Colstrip, MT 6-0 180

DeBruycker, Raymond DE Raymond Choteau, MT 6-3 195

Donaldson, Beau RB Missoula, MT 6-2, 223

Douglas, Andrew LB San Clemente, CA 6-2, 225

Gratton, Sam WR Billings, MT 6-1 195 4.5 (1 Star)

Hardy, Greg Ath Fairview, MT 6-5 240

Homec, Eric DE Bozeman, MT 6-5

Hulse, Matt DT Chandler, AZ 6-4 260 5.0 (2 star)

Hunt, Jared DB/P Helena, MT 6-3 185

Lisowski, Donny S/DB Seattle, WA 5-11 180 4.5

Lebeau, Blake OL Union City, CA 6-5 270 5.3 (2 star)

Moore, Dan RB Tuscon, AZ 5-11 210 4.6 (2 star)

Rabold, Brooks DL Billings, MT 6-3 205

Stuberg, Josh WR/DB Helena, MT 6-2 185 4.59 (1 star)

. . . and add Opperud (OT), McSurdy (LB), and Lowery (QB) and I think that's all of them to date.

17 down, how many to go?

I hope they keep at least 5 open for dropdowns come late summer/fall. I am hoping hard for speedy WR's and CB's regardless how we get them. Experienced LB or 2 would be good to fill in for 2 years. Then again, no need to think that our current
LB will not be ready to fill the gaps.

I am impressed we convinced AZ kids to come to cold Montana. :thumb:

MTGrizrule, I am pretty sure that most the Montana kids are receiving partials, so in reality it is probably far less than 17 full scholly equivalents.

mtgrizrule said:
17 down, how many to go?

I hope they keep at least 5 open for dropdowns come late summer/fall. I am hoping hard for speedy WR's and CB's regardless how we get them. Experienced LB or 2 would be good to fill in for 2 years. Then again, no need to think that our current
LB will not be ready to fill the gaps.

I am impressed we convinced AZ kids to come to cold Montana. :thumb:

The Cummings kid who supposedly visited over the weekend looks like a quick WR that could possibly contribute right away, but I agree they could use some more speed/impact contributors right away. Especially at CB. It seems like they have tons of safeties but few CB's with speed.

I think there were like 23-25 scholarships available and a handful of the guys mentioned above are probably on partial scholarship or even walking on so I'm guessing there will be maybe up to 10 more players announced.

I understand the Griz had eleven visitors on Saturday and eleven others on Sunday. I thought most visits were of the two day duration, so the second group might be coming in next week-end. But I understand that this will be AN OUTSTANDING GROUP OF RECRUITS. Bobby is working hard and this is an area of strength for him. Just looking at the commitments so far speaks a lot to what the final group will be.

Does anyone know when and where the "Signing' event will happen during the first of Feb.?

GrizSpartan said:
I understand the Griz had eleven visitors on Saturday and eleven others on Sunday. I thought most visits were of the two day duration, so the second group might be coming in next week-end. But I understand that this will be AN OUTSTANDING GROUP OF RECRUITS. Bobby is working hard and this is an area of strength for him. Just looking at the commitments so far speaks a lot to what the final group will be.

Does anyone know when and where the "Signing' event will happen during the first of Feb.?

Signing Day is Always the 1st Wed of Feb.

Grizbacker1 said:
GrizSpartan said:

Signing Day is Always the 1st Wed of Feb.

He didn't ask when signing day was, he asked when and where the event is when Coach Hauck talks about the recruits and shows highlights of the recruits.

Speaking of speedy CB's, this guy just showed up on the scout list.

6' 180 4.46

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3318042

It looks like he may have de-committed from U. of Arizona or vice versa. Hauck is 0 for 2 when it comes to UA cornerbacks. I wonder what the situation is.

(#46)

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/preps/articles/top50hsfbrecruits.html

Turd Ferguson said:
It looks like he may have de-committed from U. of Arizona or vice versa. Hauck is 0 for 2 when it comes to UA cornerbacks. I wonder what the situation is.

(#46)

Do you honestly think there is some correlation, or just looking for a negative?

Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

(#46)

Do you honestly think there is some correlation, or just looking for a negative?

I wouldn't say there's a correlation, and no I'm not looking for a negative. But that Arizona website says that he was at one point committed to the University of Arizona. Am I a "bad fan" to ponder why a talented DB would de-commit from an in-state Pac-10 school and go visit a I-AA school in Montana? There are 3 possibilities:

1. He just changed his mind
2. UA withdrew their offer for some reason
3. This website is wrong.

Assuming it's not 3, I hope it's 1.

Turd Ferguson said:
Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

(#46)

I wouldn't say there's a correlation, and no I'm not looking for a negative. But that Arizona website says that he was at one point committed to the University of Arizona. Am I a "bad fan" to ponder why a talented DB would de-commit from an in-state Pac-10 school and go visit a I-AA school in Montana? There are 3 possibilities:

Isn't a fourth that he committed to either a partial or a walk-on at UA with a remote chance to play and UM came in with a better schollie and a better chance to play?

kemajic said:
Turd Ferguson said:
Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

(#46)

Isn't a fourth that he committed to either a partial or a walk-on at UA with a remote chance to play and UM came in with a better schollie and a better chance to play?

I-A schools can't give partial scholarships, but it could have been a walk-on situation. Who knows.

Turd Ferguson said:
Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

(#46)

What's this "bad fan" bs, or are you in the elite club of two, alpha and hammer. If he decommited, how does that mean AZ pulled the offer?

kemajic said:
Turd Ferguson said:
Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

(#46)

that makes sense

Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:
Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

(#46)

What's this "bad fan" bs, or are you in the elite club of two, alpha and hammer. If he decommited, how does that mean AZ pulled the offer?

What? You're getting a little personal.

You suggested I was "looking for a negative" because I mentioned that he was allegedly at one time committed to UA and questioned why he isn't any longer. Why would he come to UM if he still had a UA offer on the table? I don't know. I believe Van Cooper was going to go to UA but they withdrew their offer because of academic concerns. I was just discussing the recruit. Back the f*** up with the personal bullshit.

Back