• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2008 Griz Football Recruiting List

Turd Ferguson said:
Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:
Just a random observation:

I happened to notice that all the 2008 commits so far are Caucasian. (That I know of.)

Then I couldn't help but notice that all the prospects listed on Scout.com that UM is seriously recruiting are Caucasian with the exception of a few. (CB Hooks likely going to New Mexico, CB Kiles likely going to PSU, RB Jackson, LB Johnson, etc . . .)

Then after thinking about it, I checked the roster and saw that there are only 6 African American players returning next year:

CB Joe Smith
CB Ciarre Campbell
CB Jamaine Olsen
WR Lyle Brown
RB TBF
LB Severin Campbell

I wonder if the lack of African American players will make it difficult to recruit African American players in the future, or if it is happening right now. :twocents:

I think you are trying ot make something out of nothing. :twocents:

Not trying to make anything out of anything actually. Just an observation.

That would be a first that you werent trying to stir the pot. We live in Montana dude, not a whole lot of African American players to recruit from in state.

Turd, I find your stats to be almost a startling observation. Wow, at least with respect to who UM has returning.

Seniors and others not returning (15): Hilliard, Allen, Bradshaw, Chambers, Coleman, Foreman, Hawthorne, Clark, Jackson, Cooper, Pate, Shelton, Parks, Freeman and Wilson--and this is only from recollection.

Turd Ferguson said:
Just a random observation:

I happened to notice that all the 2008 commits so far are Caucasian. (That I know of.)

Then I couldn't help but notice that all the prospects listed on Scout.com that UM is seriously recruiting are Caucasian with the exception of a few. (CB Hooks likely going to New Mexico, CB Kiles likely going to PSU, RB Jackson, LB Johnson, etc . . .)

Then after thinking about it, I checked the roster and saw that there are only 6 African American players returning next year:

CB Joe Smith
CB Ciarre Campbell
CB Jamaine Olsen
WR Lyle Brown
RB TBF
LB Severin Campbell

I wonder if the lack of African American players will make it difficult to recruit African American players in the future, or if it is happening right now. :twocents:

Turd

I coach in East Texas where about 40% of our players are black, 30% mexican and the rest white. Exactly ZERO black players Ive talked to would move north to play at ANY small university. Too cold and too far away. Why move that far to freeze when I could walk-on to 20 different JC'c and Colleges within 100 miles of here.

I guess what Im saying is you are stiring a pot that does not need to be stired. There are many reason that UM gets the players that they do. Color of skin is not one of them.

Coaches what to WIN. They recruit to WIN! If I could recruit, I would recruit winners over any other factor. Winning breads winning, and if all the players I got were Mexicans or whatever race, then Oh well.

JUST WIN GRIZ!!!!

Add another commit to the list:
Big Offensive Lineman Jon Opperud

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&yr=2008&pid=-1&iSchoolStateProvinceId=-1&iRatingValue=-1&iGetJUCOFlag=-1&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=781&iInterestLevelId=-1&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

go96griz said:
Add another commit to the list:
Big Offensive Lineman Jon Opperud

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&yr=2008&pid=-1&iSchoolStateProvinceId=-1&iRatingValue=-1&iGetJUCOFlag=-1&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=781&iInterestLevelId=-1&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

Nice pickup. I was hoping the Griz would land another big Oregon lineman. He is about Gragg's size as a freshman I believe.

Oppenrud's a huge pickup, another 2 star recruit! Montana does have a good reputation for getting Olinemen to the NFL so I can see why were getting some of these very good recruits.

Now if we could only lure Chad Germer back from Wyoming to coach these guys :twocents:

Re/MaxGriz said:
Hammer said:
Now if we could only lure Chad Germer back from Wyoming to coach these guys :twocents:

Is he still at Wyoming, or did he leave with Cockhill?

Still there, and Cockhill is working at a bank in Helena.

Hammer said:
Re/MaxGriz said:
Hammer said:

Is it Mountain West? His mom was the branch manager there for years, I met her a while back in Missoula.

Re/MaxGriz said:
Hammer said:
Re/MaxGriz said:
Hammer said:

Is it Mountain West? His mom was the branch manager there for years, I met her a while back in Missoula.

Not sure, but, at the risk of sounding like PR, my sister in law is good friends with Bill's aunt, and the only info I got was "a bank"

It would make sense that it is Mountain West tho.

AG2 said:
Re/Max your signature is too big, it bothers everyone.

That, coming from you, would leave me to assume ReMax's sig is going to stay the same! :laugh:

F-ing lowlife!

AG2 said:

You seem to bother a lot of people yourself and I'm on here complaining about it.

Anyways I like that photo of Bags :thumb:

Re/MaxGriz said:
AG2 said:

You seem to bother a lot of people yourself and I'm on here complaining about it.

I never said it bothered ME, read my post again.

Do I really bother people on here? That saddens me to no end and it may possibly make this Saturday night less eventful.

If you guys could brainstorm/braindrizzle and come up with a top 10 list of people I bother I would issue them all apology's ASAP.

With the exception of the CPA.

I'm so blue.

AG2 said:
Re/MaxGriz said:
AG2 said:

I never said it bothered ME, read my post again.

Do I really bother people on here? That saddens me to no end and it may possibly make this Saturday night less eventful.

If you guys could brainstorm/braindrizzle and come up with a top 10 list of people I bother I would issue them all apology's ASAP.

With the exception of the CPA.

I'm so blue.

When you say everyone you're including yourself, everyone means ALL. Which I doubt.

I don't care who you bother and I really don't care about what you say on here.

I only dislike anyone who continually hijacks threads to rant about a personal agenda, flame war, or to just be a jagg-off. It seems like a popular thing for many people to do this time of year I guess.

AG2 said:

Besides which, I liked his old avatar much better. sorry about that, the Devil made me do it.

Any more star-studded recruits? We need at least ten more don't we?

Back