• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2008 Griz Football Recruiting List

ronbo said:
We've offered another LA cornerback.

Lenyatta Kiles

Culver City (Calif.) cornerback Lenyatta Kiles is now sitting on two offers and he will take his first visit next weekend.
“Montana offered me (last month), Nevada came in for an in-home visit and Portland State was the first school to offer me,” said Kiles. “With Nevada, they were going to check everything with the coach on my grades and test scores and they’ll call me to set up an official visit.”

Kiles was offered by Portland State and Montana as a cornerback, where he excelled for Culver City this past fall.

“I’m pretty much waiting for the WAC and the Pac-10 to offer, but I haven’t really gotten any big looks from the Pac-10. Some from WAC schools. I’m really interested in Fresno State and Arizona. Hopefully, they come through later on,” said Kiles.

Currently at 6-0, 174-pounds, Kiles said he’d like to get up to the 185-190 range.

Next weekend, he’ll visit Portland State.

“I’m going to Portland State on the 18th of January and then Montana could be later,” said Kiles. “I’m not really ready to name a leader. I’m just weighing all of my options. But I’ll decide in January, right before Signing Day.”

Kiles finished his senior season by being named an all-Ocean League pick and a First Team all-CIF selection for the Centaurs, who were 11-1 and lost a heartbreaker in the quarterfinals of the playoffs in double overtime.

He ended the year with 51 tackles and four picks, one which he returned for a score.

Couldn't find Kiles on Rivals, but here's an article on the guy - he's hoping to get into the WAC:

EDIT - friggin Grizbacker posted it 5 minutes before me.

:thumb:

I wonder if that 40 time is a typo - for his size that does seem a little slow.

Re/MaxGriz said:
Couldn't find Kiles on Rivals, but here's an article on the guy - he's hoping to get into the WAC:

FWIW, he also ran track and played BB.

Grizbacker1 said:
Re/MaxGriz said:

FWIW, he also ran track and played BB.

Gotta be a typo or either he just had a bad day at the combine/thing. Seems like a great multi-sport athlete, and if FBS schools are looking at him I'd think he's faster than a 4.81

It might be 4.51. Can't imagine an All CIF SoCal corner on an 11-1 team being any slower than 4.5.

UPDATED

These players have been verified as Montana Grizzly Verballs/Walk-ons for 2008

List of those that will sign/Walk-On at UM.

Cady, Tyzer RB/Ath Colstrip, MT 6-0 180

DeBruycker, Raymond DE Raymond Choteau, MT 6-3 195

Donaldson, Beau RB Missoula, MT 6-2, 223

Douglas, Andrew LB San Clemente, CA 6-2, 225

Gratton, Sam WR Billings, MT 6-1 195 4.5 (1 Star)

Hardy, Greg Ath Fairview, MT 6-5 240

Homec, Eric DE Bozeman, MT 6-5

Hulse, Matt DT Chandler, AZ 6-4 260 5.0 (2 star)

Hunt, Jared DB/P Helena, MT 6-3 185

Lisowski, Donny S/DB Seattle, WA 5-11 180 4.5

Lebeau, Blake OL Union City, CA 6-5 270 5.3 (2 star)

Moore, Dan RB Tuscon, AZ 5-11 210 4.6 (2 star)

Rabold, Brooks DL Billings, MT 6-3 205

Stuberg, Josh WR/DB Helena, MT 6-2 185 4.59 (1 star)

Sorry to nit-pick, but I believe the new LB is "Douglass". Thanks for keeping this list up-to-date!

Anybody heard if Beau Donaldson will play Linebacker. He has perfect size and speed for that position. He could be a star at linebacker but I don't see him as a star at running back.

I don't have any inside info, but I suspect he is either a LB or H-back/FB prospect, and of the two positions, LB seems a better fit given the fact that the Griz have the 14th-ranked FB prospect in the country also committed (Dan Moore). I saw him play basketball against Sentinel last week and he looked a lot like a LB to me. I suppose his footspeed will ultimately dictate his position and playing time.

ronbo said:
Anybody heard if Beau Donaldson will play Linebacker. He has perfect size and speed for that position. He could be a star at linebacker but I don't see him as a star at running back.

I believe that someone close to Beau posted on here he'd be an H-back / full back position on the team a few weeks back.

firmgriz said:
I don't have any inside info, but I suspect he is either a LB or H-back/FB prospect, and of the two positions, LB seems a better fit given the fact that the Griz have the 14th-ranked FB prospect in the country also committed (Dan Moore). I saw him play basketball against Sentinel last week and he looked a lot like a LB to me. I suppose his footspeed will ultimately dictate his position and playing time.

I'm pretty sure Moore is going to be carrying the ball and not blocking.

Turd Ferguson said:
firmgriz said:

I'm pretty sure Moore is going to be carrying the ball and not blocking.

It sure sounds like he has the speed to carry the rock. That would sure be fun to watch a guy with his build packing the mail. Moore running with Beau clearing the trail - that's some smashmouth football right there.

Just a random observation:

I happened to notice that all the 2008 commits so far are Caucasian. (That I know of.)

Then I couldn't help but notice that all the prospects listed on Scout.com that UM is seriously recruiting are Caucasian with the exception of a few. (CB Hooks likely going to New Mexico, CB Kiles likely going to PSU, RB Jackson, LB Johnson, etc . . .)

Then after thinking about it, I checked the roster and saw that there are only 6 African American players returning next year:

CB Joe Smith
CB Ciarre Campbell
CB Jamaine Olsen
WR Lyle Brown
RB TBF
LB Severin Campbell

I wonder if the lack of African American players will make it difficult to recruit African American players in the future, or if it is happening right now. :twocents:

Turd Ferguson said:

I happened to notice that all the 2008 commits so far are Caucasian. (That I know of.)

Then I couldn't help but notice that all the prospects listed on Scout.com that UM is seriously recruiting are Caucasian with the exception of a few. (CB Hooks likely going to New Mexico, CB Kiles likely going to PSU, RB Jackson, LB Johnson, etc . . .)

Then after thinking about it, I checked the roster and saw that there are only 6 African American players returning next year:

CB Joe Smith
CB Ciarre Campbell
CB Jamaine Olsen
WR Lyle Brown
RB TBF
LB Severin Campbell

I wonder if the lack of African American players will make it difficult to recruit African American players in the future, or if it is happening right now. :twocents:

I think you are trying ot make something out of nothing. :twocents:

Turd Ferguson said:

CB Joe Smith
CB Ciarre Campbell
CB Jamaine Olsen
WR Lyle Brown
RB TBF
LB Severin Campbell

I know there were Two African American Recruits on my official visit.

griznation70 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

CB Joe Smith
CB Ciarre Campbell
CB Jamaine Olsen
WR Lyle Brown
RB TBF
LB Severin Campbell

There's a whole lot of scholarships still to be offered/accepted. It's a little early to be handwringing over recruiting difficulties.

WA Griz said:
griznation70 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

CB Joe Smith
CB Ciarre Campbell
CB Jamaine Olsen
WR Lyle Brown
RB TBF
LB Severin Campbell

There's a whole lot of scholarships still to be offered/accepted. It's a little early to be handwringing over recruiting difficulties.

I sure don't see any "recruiting difficulties" based on the commits so far.

Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

CB Joe Smith
CB Ciarre Campbell
CB Jamaine Olsen
WR Lyle Brown
RB TBF
LB Severin Campbell

Not trying to make anything out of anything actually. Just an observation.

Turd Ferguson said:
Grizbacker1 said:
Turd Ferguson said:

CB Joe Smith
CB Ciarre Campbell
CB Jamaine Olsen
WR Lyle Brown
RB TBF
LB Severin Campbell

Not trying to make anything out of anything actually. Just an observation.

OK :thumb:

Back