• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

117th Brawl Prediction, let's get this started !!!!!!!!!!

CatzWillRise said:
I set the over/under on players ejected for targeting at 2.5.

Oh I'd take the over on that :lol:

You've got to think both coaches are going to really lean on these refs to realize this is going to be a very intense game.

32-24 Griz win. I think this will be a very good game. Both teams are playing well right now. Too many weapons to stop in the Montana offense and the Griz are built to stop the run on defense. I don't think the cats will score 30 and the Griz will.

GRIZ 39
cats 32

They’re always close, with a few exceptions and always weird plays and scores. And I think Stitt and co will get the job done to play again Thanksgiving Saturday!

Plenty of questions on this game, but I think we can anticipate the bobcat offensive game plan. I suspect our defensive task will be almost like defending an option team, that is up the middle, off the edge, and wide/pass. The cats probably will...

1. Have LaSane pound the ball up the middle hoping to repeat last week's success. I believe our Griz do a better job shutting that down than NAU had. Our D can shut down their standard run game.

2. They'll also put Andersen in motion often and periodically attempt to run sweeps. The kid is fast and at some point will probably break one but I don't see him doing it consistently.

3. They will have Murray passing far more than usual. If he is the "good" Murray the cats will be harder to stop. If he is the typical "bad" Murray he'll be looking to bolt at the first hint of pressure. So an effective spy is always needed to corral him.

I can guarantee we will have Murray under plenty of pressure throughout the game. Eventually I doubt they even attempt to have him drop back anymore. Then everything with him will be a run/pass rollout option. The kid has elusive feet so our spy better stay sharp. He has hit some passes on the run but generally only when there is a wide open guy because of blown coverage. So the secondary better stay focused on their man and let our linebackers clean him up.

All said and done, the cats are apt to score off some big plays. The broken play is their most effective one this year. However, I just don't see their offense generating more than 20 points against our defense. Should be a close game but a Grizzly victory. :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
Plenty of questions on this game, but I think we can anticipate the bobcat offensive game plan. I suspect our defensive task will be almost like defending an option team, that is up the middle, off the edge, and wide/pass. The cats probably will...

1. Have LaSane pound the ball up the middle hoping to repeat last week's success. I believe our Griz do a better job shutting that down than NAU had. Our D can shut down their standard run game.

2. They'll also put Andersen in motion often and periodically attempt to run sweeps. The kid is fast and at some point will probably break one but I don't see him doing it consistently.

3. They will have Murray passing far more than usual. If he is the "good" Murray the cats will be harder to stop. If he is the typical "bad" Murray he'll be looking to bolt at the first hint of pressure. So an effective spy is always needed to corral him.

I can guarantee we will have Murray under plenty of pressure throughout the game. Eventually I doubt they even attempt to have him drop back anymore. Then everything with him will be a run/pass rollout option. The kid has elusive feet so our spy better stay sharp. He has hit some passes on the run but generally only when there is a wide open guy because of blown coverage. So the secondary better stay focused on their man and let our linebackers clean him up.

All said and done, the cats are apt to score off some big plays. The broken play is their most effective one this year. However, I just don't see their offense generating more than 20 points against our defense. Should be a close game but a Grizzly victory. :ugeek:

That's actually a pretty good assessment. Although I'm not sure we will pass more than usual, there have been several times this year where I thought we'd pass more than usual to catch the other team off guard, and we just... haven't. We're back home in Bozeman, no dome to pass in, so I'm guessing Murray throws the ball 8-14 times tops.

That being said we just put up 36 points on the previously 2nd best scoring defense in the Big Sky. Anything can happen, especially in Cat/Griz.

Personally I don't see the Griz holding the Cats under 20 unless the Griz run a ton of plays and limit our possessions.

Here is a good matchup - Griz registering 35 sacks this year, versus MSU only being sacked 9 times. Yes you can get to Murray when he drops back, a lot of teams have, but tackling him in the backfield is a different thing altogether. But I have a hard time imagining the Griz D being so dominate when Murray drops back that we just give up on it.

rocklobster said:
Griz D has given up 14 points in the last six quarters! This will continue. Offense is clicking!
Griz have revenge in mind because of last year!
Griz 52
Cats 7

Revenge is too light of a word when you give away the Great Divide Trophy on your home turf (to a very weak, 1 dimensional team) that shoves it down your throat and rolls up 368 rushing yards to your 113 rushing yards.

GO GRIZ

I'm not really sure what's going to happen in this game. Cat's have a pretty good defense, I don't feel that they are as good as Weber. Weber's corners are the best we've played against in my opinion,(not counting Washington). Cat's aren't nearly as good on the back end as Weber, neither up front, although they have a great set of linebackers. Griz put up over 500 yards on Weber, after 5 turnovers. I feel like we will get our yards, but the tougher question for me is the Red Zone. Can Gresch stay patient enough, take what they give you. If we can get a fairly decent running game going we will win in my opinion.

Now on the other side of the ball, they are going to get their yards running the ball, really no one has really shut them down. Make them earn them, no long runs, although I feel like they will break a couple of long runs.

Keys for me in the game are turnovers, special teams, coaching adjustments, and penalties(especially drive stopping penalties and penalties that keep drives going)

I believe we are going to win, but it's not going to be easy. They are going to come out with a ton of emotion, have to weather the storm.

31-28 Good guys

The Smellykats haven't beaten one good team all year!And the Grizzlies own the Kitty-box!!! If we lose Saturday we stay home and rightfully so! The he up side is Stitt will need a realtor if we lose?The Grizzlies are the better team but turnovers will decide this game!!!

The Smellykats haven't beaten one good team all year!And the Grizzlies own the Kitty-box!!! If we lose Saturday we stay home and rightfully so! The he up side is Stitt will need a realtor if we lose?The Grizzlies are the better team but turnovers will decide this game!!!
i_the_sky said:
The Smellykats haven't beaten one good team all year!And the Grizzlies own the Kitty-box!!! If we lose Saturday we stay home and rightfully so! The
up side is Stitt will need a realtor if we lose?The Grizzlies are the better team but turnovers will decide this game!!!

CatzWillRise said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

That's actually a pretty good assessment...
Here is a good matchup - Griz registering 35 sacks this year, versus MSU only being sacked 9 times. Yes you can get to Murray when he drops back, a lot of teams have, but tackling him in the backfield is a different thing altogether. But I have a hard time imagining the Griz D being so dominate when Murray drops back that we just give up on it.

I suspect MSU will attempt more passes than usual yet otherwise I believe we're seeing it the same way. Grizzly defense has been a sacking machine. However, Murray isn't one to hang around in the pocket to get sacked. Thus I don't think MT will add much to their sack totals. However, the Grizzly pressure on him will be there throughout the game.

So will Murray stand tall back there looking for the open man? I doubt he does. After being under pressure for a few series I expect he will drop back then instinctually begin to bolt towards any open ground. So eventually the cat coaches will drop any pretense of a conventional drop back pass and have Murray continually roll out and/or go to attempting run / pass option plays.

Doubt Murray will connect on many big pass plays. I've watched most of the cat games. Typically those only happen when a defender has blown their coverage. However, just like last year I think the Grizzlies will have hell containing Murray's feet. I am anticipating a very good game. Hope everyone comes out of it healthy and the bobcat seniors have the rest of their long lives to brood on the fact they let the Grizzlies beat them in their final game. :D Go Griz!

Bobcats 24
Griz 13

This prediction was easier than rolling a QB weak side of the field on a 2 point conversion #BOOM

Back