• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Would u rather win one or more playoff games each year

mthoopsfan

AND be ranked in the top 10 nationally, post-season poll, AND have 25,000 at home games,

OR, be ranked high in the conference and win only one playoff game every three years?

I.e. be UM or Sac St in the past 3 years?

Those are the only choices and real situations.

Id rather be in Sac’s shoes. Considering they have won a share of the big sky title each of the last 3 years, beat their rival each of those years, etc

Plus we haven’t won more than 1 playoff game in that span either.

What’s the highest we’ve finished in the BSC in the last 3 years? Tied for 3rd if I’m correct?

brewskis said:
Id rather be in Sac’s shoes. Considering they have won a share of the big sky title each of the last 3 years, beat their rival each of those years, etc

What’s the highest we’ve finished in the BSC in the last 3 years? Tied for 3rd if I’m correct?

That's pretty funny. UM has won a playoff game EVERY year, not 1 in 3. Feel free to be a SS fan.

How many players and coaches would agree with you? Answer: None.

griznative24 said:
I would prefer a NC caliber team :wink:

We had one this year until Johnson got hurt and we lost 2 road games, leaving us without a seed or a fully healthy qb.

mthoopsfan said:
AND be ranked in the top 10 nationally, post-season poll, AND have 25,000 at home games,

OR, be ranked high in the conference and win only one playoff game every three years?

Still standing by the top 10 thing, huh? :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

The average rank of the Griz in the past 3 years will likely be top 10. Much better than your guy Stitt's not in the top 30.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

The average rank of the Griz in the past 3 years will likely be top 10. Much better than your guy Stitt's not in the top 30.

Who cares about “average” or Stitt? He hasn’t been here for 5 freaking years. But I see he’s still living rent free in your head.

mthoopsfan said:
griznative24 said:
I would prefer a NC caliber team :wink:

We had one this year until Johnson got hurt and we lost 2 road games, leaving us without a seed or a fully healthy qb.

We will have to agree to disagree. Even with a healthy Johnson I believe msu, the dakota states, and perhaps a few others are much better teams than the current Grizzlies.

griznative24 said:
mthoopsfan said:

We will have to agree to disagree. Even with a healthy Johnson I believe msu, the dakota states, and perhaps a few others are much better teams than the current Grizzlies.

Even is true, and I don't agree with a "few others", the Griz likely get seeded and advance further in the playoffs.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Who cares about “average” or Stitt? He hasn’t been here for 5 freaking years. But I see he’s still living rent free in your head.

You are the one who keeps comparing Bobby's record to Stitt.

mthoopsfan said:
brewskis said:

That's pretty funny. UM has won a playoff game EVERY year, not 1 in 3. Feel free to be a SS fan.

Meant to say one playoff win per year.

One in the span of 3 years is the amount of wins we have against our rival bobcats.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

You are the one who keeps comparing Bobby's record to Stitt.

98% of the time I mention Stitt its because someone else did.

How about this: Let’s start with MORE than one playoff win and go from there. ONE seems to be our limit under the new Bobby….

griznative24 said:
mthoopsfan said:

I’d say a couple teams possibly win, but Griz could beat any of those teams if fully healthy. The defense that was gashed is a high pressure, play from ahead, get big play type defense. It’s weakness as run…stopping the run regularly.

brewskis said:
mthoopsfan said:

Meant to say one playoff win per year.

One in the span of 3 years is the amount of wins we have against our rival bobcats.

You mean one in six…

Well if I can have an opinion without being crapped on, I would prefer one bowl game even if it is the whogivesacrap bowl. Better for the players, less chance for injuries that can linger, far less drama, and we could all enjoy the off season rather that watch a 24 team pool be dominated by about 4 teams. FCS and FCS playoffs are way overrated and winning the FCS is no longer any big accomplishment. When teams can buy a home game to make a coaches bonus come true there is something wrong. There has to be some middle ground between 24 FCS teams and 4 (or possibly 8 in the future) FBS teams - or just get rid of the middle man FCS alltogether and go FBS or Div 2/NAIA.

This sounds like a cat fan's thread from 15 years ago and I find it ironic that the OP has been sticking up for winning one playoff game a year for the past however long and is now trying to tweak his narrative

Back