• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will The Coaching Staff Learn From This Game?

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
I would have to think a standing 8 count is warranted for pr after the battering he just absorbed from Ursa and MCGF

Could you give me the cliff notes or highlights? Dom't have time to read it. Looked like it quoted a who's who of posters who never played the game.

giphy.gif

PlayerRep said:
I'm fine with Eastwood as a back, but I too would play Lee more and believe Calhoun is our best back. I am concerned that Calhoun is so such in the doghouse, and has lost so much time, and has let Eastwood and Lee get all the reps, that it will be difficult for Calhoun to get back into the mix in coming games. I suppose if he gets some chances, and shows his good stuff, then he will have to be given more reps. My understanding is that Green has always liked Calhoun's ability.

I disagree with Eastwood as a back. He shows no ability in the run game beyond catching passes out of the backfield. There is a reason ( or two, looking at you, O-Line ) Sneed is leading the team in rushing yards.
Stepping back and looking at the game stats, the 4 turnovers is what killed us the most. That and the PR taken to the house. Eliminate those errors and we would have been in a waay better position to win. Even with those errors we had a good chance to win.
It's still September and we have a ways to go. On to the next game.

Oso Negro said:
PlayerRep said:
I'm fine with Eastwood as a back, but I too would play Lee more and believe Calhoun is our best back. I am concerned that Calhoun is so such in the doghouse, and has lost so much time, and has let Eastwood and Lee get all the reps, that it will be difficult for Calhoun to get back into the mix in coming games. I suppose if he gets some chances, and shows his good stuff, then he will have to be given more reps. My understanding is that Green has always liked Calhoun's ability.

I disagree with Eastwood as a back. He shows no ability in the run game beyond catching passes out of the backfield. There is a reason ( or two, looking at you, O-Line ) Sneed is leading the team in rushing yards.
Stepping back and looking at the game stats, the 4 turnovers is what killed us the most. That and the PR taken to the house. Eliminate those errors and we would have been in a waay better position to win. Even with those errors we had a good chance to win.
It's still September and we have a ways to go. On to the next game.

Sneed is averaging 3.8 per run, Eastwood 3.1, Lee 2.8 (in 8 carries) and JLM 13.7 (3 carries).

5 turnovers.

Yup, on to the next game.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
I would have to think a standing 8 count is warranted for pr after the battering he just absorbed from Ursa and MCGF

Could you give me the cliff notes or highlights? Dom't have time to read it. Looked like it quoted a who's who of posters who never played the game.

:argue:

Listen. I thought we'd firmly established I played all the way up through 9th grade?

kemajic said:
Grizwold said:
MCGF I think you make some very valid points. Although I think Snead makes a lot of things happen with his feet. No way in hell does Gresch get away from half the rush that Snead gets away from. But he really needs to start putting the ball on the numbers. As for Eastwood, everybody has nailed it. He is not our best back and getting kind of pissed that he is the guy 90% of the time.
The Gresch fans here forget how he struggled in the tougher games last year and never did deliver a quality win, which Sneed did in his first outing. Sneed had the Griz cruising yesterday until a yanked XP, a punt return to the house and a fumble after a great pass. Then there was the long completion earlier to the one yard line negated by yet another penalty. Sneed's performance gave the team every chance to win.

Hate to agree with PR although, of his 97 consecutive post most were right on, and you pretty much summed up why the game was lost. Looking forward to next Sat. And without the costly mistakes made in the WIU game, will be another quality win.

Then we can start to critique what was done wrong in game 4.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

wow, i am surprised this is all he has to say......i thought he wanted to play tit for tat and was asking to show charts and graphs to prove your 2cents worth. mining brought out all of this and pr cowered into misdirection by saying that he does not have time to read the post. this seems unlikely since he has interacted with just about everyone on this board ie. spends a great deal of time on here displaying and building his reputation of worth mostly through the same premise he despises in others, criticism and unwarranted statements/comments. even pr operates with conjecture from time to time even though he may not realize it. having thoughts is still not a crime in this country and no one knows absolute truth so what is the fuss of someone stating an opinion or insight to a game or a team. i believe, it is called a discussion.
now he will want me to document this statement by going through every post he has made to demonstrate my interpretation, however, there are many of you on here that know this to be enough of a truth so this will have to be the extent of my posting on what i witness. i liked what mining had to say in the initial post, he took one of the many aspects and variables to understanding what one experiences in life and posted it.............for discussion.

spsyk said:
kemajic said:
Grizwold said:
MCGF I think you make some very valid points. Although I think Snead makes a lot of things happen with his feet. No way in hell does Gresch get away from half the rush that Snead gets away from. But he really needs to start putting the ball on the numbers. As for Eastwood, everybody has nailed it. He is not our best back and getting kind of pissed that he is the guy 90% of the time.
The Gresch fans here forget how he struggled in the tougher games last year and never did deliver a quality win, which Sneed did in his first outing. Sneed had the Griz cruising yesterday until a yanked XP, a punt return to the house and a fumble after a great pass. Then there was the long completion earlier to the one yard line negated by yet another penalty. Sneed's performance gave the team every chance to win.

Hate to agree with PR although, of his 97 consecutive post most were right on, and you pretty much summed up why the game was lost. Looking forward to next Sat. And without the costly mistakes made in the WIU game, will be another quality win.

Then we can start to critique what was done wrong in game 4.

Thanks, Spysk. I was confident in what I was talking about. Seemed easy and obvious. I believe I only made 96 posts, tho.

zirge said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

wow, i am surprised this is all he has to say......i thought he wanted to play tit for tat and was asking to show charts and graphs to prove your 2cents worth. mining brought out all of this and pr cowered into misdirection by saying that he does not have time to read the post. this seems unlikely since he has interacted with just about everyone on this board ie. spends a great deal of time on here displaying and building his reputation of worth mostly through the same premise he despises in others, criticism and unwarranted statements/comments. even pr operates with conjecture from time to time even though he may not realize it. having thoughts is still not a crime in this country and no one knows absolute truth so what is the fuss of someone stating an opinion or insight to a game or a team. i believe, it is called a discussion.
now he will want me to document this statement by going through every post he has made to demonstrate my interpretation, however, there are many of you on here that know this to be enough of a truth so this will have to be the extent of my posting on what i witness. i liked what mining had to say in the initial post, he took one of the many aspects and variables to understanding what one experiences in life and posted it.............for discussion.

Just skimmed Ursa's and Mining's stuff, mostly drivel and personal attacks. Always thought it was funny to see posters complaining about personal attacks, by making personal attacks. Was a bit hard for me to tell who was saying what. As I assumed, nothing new discussing football in there. The Snead accuracy on long passes and who should the rb be had already been addressed.

Was also glad to see that most posters were agreeing with me on the football stuff, or at least the ones that I think know a lot about football.

Looks like one or more of them now has me on "mute". I think that's great. Posters like that who think everything they post should be accepted, and nothing should be challenged, probably should do the same thing.

Back