• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who will be the #37 this year?

SoldierGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Notice PR said nothing to WaGriz and only called me out cus he doesn't like me cus I always call him to the curb and he loses every debate we've ever had. I really gets under his skin :lol: .

The cost of rent is great.

Ya but the space is deplorable.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:
Good grief Playa - the dude is a convicted felon - dealing coke across the Last Best Place deserves trashing. It's not that hard.

We've been over this ad nauseum - you are OK with people dealing coke in Montana, and most others on the board are not OK with it; I am certainly NOT OK with it.

But, you continue to do you.

Can you not read? A conviction for selling cocaine is not wife beating. I am not okay with assholes unfairly criticizing current or former players or coaches.

His previous domestic charge(s) resulted in deferred sentence.
That would suggest guilt. No?

GrizMania said:
mthoopsfan said:
Can you not read? A conviction for selling cocaine is not wife beating. I am not okay with assholes unfairly criticizing current or former players or coaches.

No. And it would likely mean there would be nothing the record.

mthoopsfan said:
GrizMania said:

Ah yes, once the deferred sentence was over, the charge would likely go away essentially. Unless the person commits crime while deferred sentence is in effect. Right?

GrizMania said:
mthoopsfan said:

Ah yes, once the deferred sentence was over, the charge would likely go away essentially. Unless the person commits crime while deferred sentence is in effect. Right?

For first felony offenses and misdemeanors, a court may defer or suspend imposition of sentence from one to three years during which the offender will be on probation. Mont. Code Ann. § 46-18-201 et seq. Following termination of the relevant time period, § 46-18-204 authorizes the court to permit the defendant to withdraw a plea of guilty or nolo contendere or to strike the verdict of guilty from the record and order that the charge or charges against the defendant be dismissed. Records in the case, presumably including court records, shall be “confidential” and accessible only by court order:

Dude had to plead guilty or no contest and is on probation...if that was the adjudication.

That is far different than cleared or not guilty in my view.

SoldierGriz said:
GrizMania said:

For first felony offenses and misdemeanors, a court may defer or suspend imposition of sentence from one to three years during which the offender will be on probation. Mont. Code Ann. § 46-18-201 et seq. Following termination of the relevant time period, § 46-18-204 authorizes the court to permit the defendant to withdraw a plea of guilty or nolo contendere or to strike the verdict of guilty from the record and order that the charge or charges against the defendant be dismissed. Records in the case, presumably including court records, shall be “confidential” and accessible only by court order:

Dude had to plead guilty or no contest and is on probation...if that was the adjudication.

Indeed.

SoldierGriz said:
GrizMania said:

Yup, mine was a deferred sentence when I had clearly done the crime but as an 18 year old first time felon, Judge Odlin was gracious enough to offer a deferred sentence. Then after a year on probation and several probation violations he revoked my sentence and gave me four w/ one suspended and the opportunity to go to the state boot camp. Probably saved my life. After completion of the boot camp, he then gave me my deferred back and after three years and completion of my sentence, he removed it off my record. Point is, a deferred sentence means your guilty and you committed the crime but the judge must see something in you or like you…or be a huge Griz fan.

alabamagrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:

Yup, mine was a deferred sentence when I had clearly done the crime but as an 18 year old first time felon, Judge Odlin was gracious enough to offer a deferred sentence. Then after a year on probation and several probation violations he revoked my sentence and gave me four w/ one suspended and the opportunity to go to the state boot camp. Probably saved my life. After completion of the boot camp, he then gave me my deferred back and after three years and completion of my sentence, he removed it off my record. Point is, a deferred sentence means your guilty and you committed the crime but the judge must see something in you or like you…or be a huge Griz fan.
Did Odlin ever give you " The Look"? the one like he wishes he could slap you but can't.;)
And...congrats, booter. That's not easy.

GrizMania said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Did Odlin ever give you " The Look"? the one like he wishes he could slap you but can't.;)

I thought that was the only look he had😂. When he revoked me he said I needed some shock therapy. Fellow booter? Quebec squad in ‘97. I was in the very last group to go through the Swan River CTC before they moved it to Deer Lodge.

alabamagrizzly said:
GrizMania said:

I thought that was the only look he had😂. When he revoked me he said I needed some shock therapy. Fellow booter? Quebec squad in ‘97. I was in the very last group to go through the Swan River CTC before they moved it to Deer Lodge.

Nah, but a loved one was a booter. Also, way back when I ran Wildland fire operations I had prison crews work for me. Usually, they were top notch.

GrizMania said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Nah, but a loved one was a booter. Also, way back when I ran Wildland fire operations I had prison crews work for me. Usually, they were top notch.

Very cool. It was definitely an extremely tuff program and you certainly had to earn your graduation. It was minimum 90 days and I did mine in 97 but one of my good friends did almost six months before he finally figured it out. Since your loved one made it through, I’m sure it changed his life. It wasn’t a guarantee of success but it certainly gave people good life skills that had none before.

alabamagrizzly said:
GrizMania said:

Very cool. It was definitely an extremely tuff program and you certainly had to earn your graduation. It was minimum 90 days and I did mine in 97 but one of my good friends did almost six months before he finally figured it out. Since your loved one made it through, I’m sure it changed his life. It wasn’t a guarantee of success but it certainly gave people good life skills that had none before.

I met some of the boot drill instructors and they were tough but fair. They actually did care what happened to those booters . :)
Side mote: Beau Donaldson was in that program the same time as my kin. He was very kind to other booters.

GrizMania said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I met some of the boot drill instructors and they were tough but fair. They actually did care what happened to those booters . :)
Side mote: Beau Donaldson was in that program the same time as my kin. He was very kind to other booters.

Oh ya, I definitely loved some of my DI’s and I definitely hated some of them. Graduation day was shocking to me to have some of the ones I hated most treat me with respect and as a equal human. My favorite though, Sgt Metzler, actually had a certificate on his office wall that deemed him somewhat certifiably crazy from the US government cus he was a tunnel rat in Vietnam. Dude was off his rocker but I loved him.

Wish all my suspicions would come true like this. I had the hunch it would be Janacaro (See my opening post). Perfect choice!

Back