• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who’s renewed their season tix?

The edits at bottom of my post a few above this one are worth skimming. Good stats from CDC and various studies.

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
How? Shouldn’t those at-risk folks be staying home? You know how we have all these current stipulations for everyone? Or how we locked down everyone because it works? Why can’t vulnerable people continue doing that? If you’re at risk, how can I be a threat to you if you’re staying home, only going out when absolutely necessary, wearing a mask and washing your hands?

I guess I just don’t understand how vulnerable people are in harms way if they stay home and do all the things we’ve all been forced to do since March.

Because at-risk people still have family members and friends they live with or visit with. And still need to go to the store. And to the doctor's office. And get their car repaired. And take their kids to school if trump gets his way. Having SOME people stay home really isn't all that beneficial, because it doesn't stop the spread of the virus.

All of which of course ignores the philosophical debate one could have about whether it's morally right to essentially say, "Hey, I'm healthy so lets get on with a normal life and fck those of you who cannot. You can just never leave your house, but let's kick this fcker off!! 'Cause by GOD I want my football!!!!"

Yes EG but they don’t have to if they’re that fearful. Just like all of us months ago. Hell, my brother lives in California and is high risk and has maybe left his house 3 times in 5 months. It sucks, but he’s doing what he has to do. It’s a personal choice.

And it’s not just football EG and you know that. If we’re going to go that route, then shut down EVERYTHING. Because I thinks it’s bullshit that tiny diners had to shut down but big box stores are wide open. Too much of it really doesn’t make sense.

But to your point, if those vulnerable people simply have to go out, they’re already at risk. Bars are open. Restaurants open. Two places that once you sit down you don’t even need a mask. Some youth sports were played all summer. Yellowstone has been packed. Lakes, and rivers are packed. Tourists are flooding here. We’ve had huge gatherings all over the state. All hotels are open. Are we really to believe that it would be a football game that would break the camels back?! That doesn’t make sense to me.

As an example, my grandmother in her nursing home hasn’t had any visitors in months. We talk often and send her things every week. It sucks for her no doubt. But she’s very high risk and doing what she needs to do. But we’re to expect that it’s impossible for other people to do the same?

If masks work we should have never closed down. If they work so well we should be able to move around freely with little fear. I mean, we have more cases now than we ever have and I could go bar hopping this evening if I want. That makes sense? I’m fine taking steps to protect people to a point. But let’s be honest, it’s all a facade if we’re really being honest. If it wasn’t, there’s far more actions they should take. But they’ll continue to pick and choose who stays open and who closes, what activities you can do and what you can’t, for who knows how long?

gotgame75 said:
PlayerRep said:
If the crowd is limited to 15,000, fans are staggered and spaced entering the stadium, there is some spacing of seating, tailgating is either not allowed or very limited, the Canyon is either not open or very limited, the number of people entering bathrooms is limited, temporary bathrooms added, Lysol spray at each porto potty, hand sanitizer all over, and a good amount of people wearing masks, how does the virus spread? Obviously, the event is outdoors.

I'm just asking. Not advocating.

Are you serious or being intentionally daft? I honestly think that even you don't believe half the stuff you say and post it strictly for the sake of argument with strangers on a small time college sports message board. What a fulfilling hobby. :clap:

Any effective viral prevention approach is 100% based on the public's ability to willingly follow protocol, which we can see by the current state of the country is not good. "Not good" is an understatement, it's more aptly described as an epic fail. A good portion of the country won't even accept indisputable science as fact. There is no scenario where WA-Griz is going have 15K fans in it this fall. Sorry. Once again, like Trump, pretty much every single one of your prognostications on this virus has failed.

Up until about 90 days ago, the "indisputable science" was that masks were ineffective in preventing the spread of Corona viruses....yet because of what's become "mob rule" in this country, the CDC and WHO have BOTH disregarded their OWN scientific-based studies and guidance from just a few short years ago (published, by the way, for your enjoyment) and now said "sure, everybody must wear a mask!" because it's the politically correct thing to say.

The only thing worse than no safety is the illusion of safety, and that's exactly what masks give you sheep. The illusion of safety. They do literally NOTHING to stop the spread. Especially those ridiculous bandanas, ski masks, scarves, etc., etc. THEY. DON'T. WORK.

Listen to the science is one of the big jokes of the pandemic. The science has varied, been inconsistent, changed and evolved. It’s getting better now. Listen to the models was an even bigger joke.

Leaders just went with the science that supported what they wanted to do. The NY Times had a good article on that.

UM got ahead of the curve by gearing up for campus social distancing about 8 years ago. Maybe a statue should be built for Engstrom.

PlayerRep said:
UM got ahead of the curve by gearing up for campus social distancing about 8 years ago. Maybe a statute should be built for Engstrom.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
Because at-risk people still have family members and friends they live with or visit with. And still need to go to the store. And to the doctor's office. And get their car repaired. And take their kids to school if trump gets his way. Having SOME people stay home really isn't all that beneficial, because it doesn't stop the spread of the virus.

All of which of course ignores the philosophical debate one could have about whether it's morally right to essentially say, "Hey, I'm healthy so lets get on with a normal life and fck those of you who cannot. You can just never leave your house, but let's kick this fcker off!! 'Cause by GOD I want my football!!!!"

Yes EG but they don’t have to if they’re that fearful. Just like all of us months ago. Hell, my brother lives in California and is high risk and has maybe left his house 3 times in 5 months. It sucks, but he’s doing what he has to do. It’s a personal choice.

And it’s not just football EG and you know that. If we’re going to go that route, then shut down EVERYTHING. Because I thinks it’s bullshit that tiny diners had to shut down but big box stores are wide open. Too much of it really doesn’t make sense.

But to your point, if those vulnerable people simply have to go out, they’re already at risk. Bars are open. Restaurants open. Two places that once you sit down you don’t even need a mask. Some youth sports were played all summer. Yellowstone has been packed. Lakes, and rivers are packed. Tourists are flooding here. We’ve had huge gatherings all over the state. All hotels are open. Are we really to believe that it would be a football game that would break the camels back?! That doesn’t make sense to me.

As an example, my grandmother in her nursing home hasn’t had any visitors in months. We talk often and send her things every week. It sucks for her no doubt. But she’s very high risk and doing what she needs to do. But we’re to expect that it’s impossible for other people to do the same?

If masks work we should have never closed down. If they work so well we should be able to move around freely with little fear. I mean, we have more cases now than we ever have and I could go bar hopping this evening if I want. That makes sense? I’m fine taking steps to protect people to a point. But let’s be honest, it’s all a facade if we’re really being honest. If it wasn’t, there’s far more actions they should take. But they’ll continue to pick and choose who stays open and who closes, what activities you can do and what you can’t, for who knows how long?

Of course, high-risk individuals SHOULD do all they can to limit exposure. And I concur that in most places in the country, restaurants and particularly indoor bars should not be open.

The difference with a holding a football game with 15,000+ is that it has a very high likelihood of being a super-spreader event. If everyone wears a mask (which contrary to the weird-ass "liberty" cries from the right are very effective), going to the store is relatively low risk as long as the percentage of infections in the community is low. However, once that percentage increases markedly, so does the risk of engaging in common, necessary activities.

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

Of course, high-risk individuals SHOULD do all they can to limit exposure. And I concur that in most places in the country, restaurants and particularly indoor bars should not be open.

The difference with a holding a football game with 15,000+ is that it has a very high likelihood of being a super-spreader event. If everyone wears a mask (which contrary to the weird-ass "liberty" cries from the right are very effective), going to the store is relatively low risk as long as the percentage of infections in the community is low. However, once that percentage increases markedly, so does the risk of engaging in common, necessary activities.

Why would a game, with precautions, be a super spreader event? Use your science and data to tell us why it would/might be a super spreader event.

EverettGriz said:
Make sure you blame the right. The football game scenario does not make any sense with where we are today, but I'm not sure WA folks should be talking down to Montanans regarding COVID management.

AZGrizFan said:
...and now said "sure, everybody must wear a mask!" because it's the politically correct thing to say.

The only thing worse than no safety is the illusion of safety, and that's exactly what masks give you sheep. The illusion of safety. They do literally NOTHING to stop the spread. Especially those ridiculous bandanas, ski masks, scarves, etc., etc. THEY. DON'T. WORK.

Well said. Illusion.

tourist said:
AZGrizFan said:
...and now said "sure, everybody must wear a mask!" because it's the politically correct thing to say.

Well said. Illusion.
It sounds like you've made up your mind. Would you trust MIT Medical's assessment: https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-updates/2020/07/do-cloth-masks-work No? How about the Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449 No? How about Stanford Medicine: https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-n...ntists-contribute-to-who-mask-guidelines.html I give up...good luck

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Make sure you blame the right. The football game scenario does not make any sense with where we are today, but I'm not sure WA folks should be talking down to Montanans regarding COVID management.

Far be it from me to talk down to anyone, particularly Montanans. Now, I might if they decide it makes sense to hold a football game at WaGriz with 15,000 people. As for the right, I blame them only for their crazy, weird-assed refusal to wear masks.

PlayerRep said:
Listen to the science is one of the big jokes of the pandemic. The science has varied, been inconsistent, changed and evolved. It’s getting better now. Listen to the models was an even bigger joke.

Leaders just went with the science that supported what they wanted to do. The NY Times had a good article on that.

I've heard if you feed the last 30 days of Lewistown sunrise/ sunset data into their models the sun will forever disappear around March 21, 2021.

Latest posts

Back