• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who’s renewed their season tix?

Sounds like about 50% of us renewed. Will anyone get to see a game in person? I was pretty confident 2-3 weeks ago, now I'm on the 50-50 wagon. Open the gates and I will be there!

I'm a little late to this conversation, but I bought my 2 seats and I know the fine folks sitting to my left did also. I'm with you MikeyGriz "Open the gates and I will be there."
GO GRIZ!!!!

I was pretty sure there would be no season, but renewed our 4 anyhow. There is a provision that these funds can be applied to the 2021 season. The AD needs all the help it can get.

Got my 3 season tickets Monday after the deadline. Will donate if we don't have a season because its the right thing to do - Go Griz!!

kemajic said:
I was pretty sure there would be no season, but renewed our 4 anyhow. There is a provision that these funds can be applied to the 2021 season. The AD needs all the help it can get.

Same here for the same reason. If there are games and they allow I will be there. If not I will be there when they haves games again. Go Griz

With all due respect, and while I appreciate Griz fans’ strong support, I would not go into a crowded stadium until and unless there is an effective vaccine. Especially a stadium like they have in Fargo-Moorhead. I like being alive.

AllWeatherFan said:
With all due respect, and while I appreciate Griz fans’ strong support, I would not go into a crowded stadium until and unless there is an effective vaccine. Especially a stadium like they have in Fargo-Moorhead. I like being alive.

No one is asking you to go to the stadium, but some of the rest of us would be excited to go to the stadium. Don't think we need your permission.

AllWeatherFan said:

You gotta love your chances then!

If you believe that the only people who have the virus are the ones who tested positive, the death rates are as follows....

World - 4%
US - 3.7%
Montana - 1.4%
Missoula - .62%
Bozeman - .17%

So right now in Bozeman, the "hotspot" of the state, I have a 99.83% chance of being alive. At least in regards to this deadly virus. Gotta say, I can't think of anything in life that I wouldn't love the odds of 99.83%.

Of course these rates are likely lower as it's pretty likely that more people have had it than just the tiny fraction of people who tested positive.

Go live your best life! :thumb:

I'm considering buying season tickets even though I live in Texas. That way, if they HAVE a season, I can fly up for a couple games. If they don't have a season, I'll call it a donation to the Athletic Dept.

But right now, I don't believe I'm allowed to buy until they get through the waiting period for current ticket holders....

ilovethecats said:
AllWeatherFan said:

If you believe that the only people who have the virus are the ones who tested positive, the death rates are as follows....

World - 4%
US - 3.7%
Montana - 1.4%
Missoula - .62%
Bozeman - .17%

So right now in Bozeman, the "hotspot" of the state, I have a 99.83% chance of being alive. At least in regards to this deadly virus. Gotta say, I can't think of anything in life that I wouldn't love the odds of 99.83%.

Of course these rates are likely lower as it's pretty likely that more people have had it than just the tiny fraction of people who tested positive.

Exactly the way I look at it, ILTC. No WAY you could be from Bozeman with those kind of smarts....

One of the things I wonder about is. If other teams on our schedule cancel their seasons, but a few remain, do we still have to pay the full price? I mean we paid for season tickets with Six home games on the schedule and now we are at Five. What if they only offer Three home games? I know it can't be helped.

If more conferences cancel their seasons, what kind of a NC will there really be? Will there even be playoffs?

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

World - 4%
US - 3.7%
Montana - 1.4%
Missoula - .62%
Bozeman - .17%

Exactly the way I look at it, ILTC. No WAY you could be from Bozeman with those kind of smarts....
:lol:

Guess I have my moments. I'll still be told just how scary this thing is and how I'm being irresponsible or taking it lightly.

I'd go a step farther and say I feel even better about my chances as I'm not quite 40. Currently the death rate for people my age is 1.7%. I'm not much of a numbers guy, but whatever 1.7% of the .17% I mentioned above is my current likelihood of dying from the Corona.

Some people obviously should take more precaution. Which I've been in favor of the entire time. People 55 and older have made up 92.64% of all US deaths so far. 85 and older is 33.322%, 75-84 is 26.640% and 65-74 is 20.769%.

Think about that. Peeps 85 and older have made up more than a 3rd of all deaths. I don't know about you, but if some crap like this happens again when I'm 85 or older, I will be the most vocal guy ever telling all the young people to go on and live their lives. If I go I go. If I make it to 85 I'll feel pretty damn good about the life I lived. I won't want the rest of the population to suffer and live in fear because my old ass is about to die.

Spanky2 said:
Cats, you’ll change your tune if you make it to 85. You will want to live to be 95.

Don't get me wrong Spanky. I WANT to live to be a 100. But if I'm 85, and a disease comes around in which my age bracket is the most vulnerable and accounts for almost 35% of the deaths, I wouldn't want people to have to stop living on account of me. I'd hunker down, stay home, avoid going out much, definitely avoid crowds, and wash regularly. And let the rest of the world go on living. :thumb:

To a large extent, I agree with ILTC's comments. However, his post does ignore the impact of the law of large numbers.

Let's say they hold a game at WaGRIZ with 25,000 people. If half of those in attendance were to contract Covid and using a .62% death rate (I haven't researched to determine the validity of that number), 77 people in the stadium that day would die. Nearly 500 GRIZ fans dead by the end of the season. And of course, a fair percentage more would need to be hospitalized. Still willing to chance it?

Maybe so, but also consider this: If each of those who caught the virus infected 3 more people, we're talking nearly 37,000 cases and 230 deaths from each game.

Now, obviously these numbers are overly simplified. But that was done purposely to highlight the point that while the percentages sound small, when you start talking the death of real people, they get much larger in a hurry.

EverettGriz said:
To a large extent, I agree with ILTC's comments. However, his post does ignore the impact of the law of large numbers.

Let's say they hold a game at WaGRIZ with 25,000 people. If half of those in attendance were to contract Covid and using a .62% death rate (I haven't researched to determine the validity of that number), 77 people in the stadium that day would die. Nearly 500 GRIZ fans dead by the end of the season. And of course, a fair percentage more would need to be hospitalized. Still willing to chance it?

Maybe so, but also consider this: If each of those who caught the virus infected 3 more people, we're talking nearly 37,000 cases and 230 deaths from each game.

Now, obviously these numbers are overly simplified. But that was done purposely to highlight the point that while the percentages sound small, when you start talking the death of real people, they get much larger in a hurry.

First, they aren't going to have 25,000 in attendance. The number would be closer to half that with season ticket holders, students and parents and no additional tickets. Second, the statement that if half of those in attendance got the virus seems exceptionally high considering masks will be worn, social distancing will be enforced as much as possible, and other cleaning measures are in place. No issue with anything else about your argument.

go96griz said:
EverettGriz said:

First, they aren't going to have 25,000 in attendance. The number would be closer to half that with season ticket holders, students and parents and no additional tickets. Second, the statement that if half of those in attendance got the virus seems exceptionally high considering masks will be worn, social distancing will be enforced as much as possible, and other cleaning measures are in place. No issue with anything else about your argument.
96, lets be realistic about this. Football fans would wear masks only part of the time and you can forget the social distancing. It won’t happen.

go96griz said:
EverettGriz said:

Agreed. As I stated, the numbers were overly simplistic.

That said, we can't get people to wear masks for a 5 minute visit to Lowes to grab a new toilet plunger. Do we really expect fans at a hot September game to wear them for 4 hours while they scream their lungs out at yet another shitty call from the bsc officials?

As for social distancing, have you been in a WaGriz bathroom?? :cool:

Back