• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Which FCS teams bandwagon are we jumping on?

WaGriz4life said:
I’m worried these teams will ruin it for everybody else. The Big Sky says we will still have September kickoff but you know these schools will whine about how they don’t have enough time to get ready. And the Big Sky will probably cave.
Oh he11 no. Weber will be ready and chomping at the bit. The difference will be that we will be more experienced and have developed three deep depth. All of that for a free year of eligibility. I expect that we will run six or seven RBs, 14 WRs, 3 QBs, 15 OLs, 15 DLs, 10 LBs, and 12 DBs. When we start fall camp we will have a ton of lettermen and everyone will be healthy and eager for action...... Just sayin. :thumb:

tourist said:
Supporting a non-griz team can be a habit hard to break. I speak from experience, having lived in Pocatello for a long time. Make sure you have your antidote nearby.
Remind me again just why the Griz and scats are NOT playing.

Playing two seasons worth of football in one year is hard on the athletes.

grizpsych said:
Not having an entire football season, then being lied to by administrators about having a spring season to make up for the fall loss, is hard on fans, alum, boosters, donors, and UM itself(financially). I saw Haslam pleading for season ticket holders and various levels of mandatory GSA membership (just to qualify to get those seats)to donate those funds to the University, instead of getting a refund or applying it to the next season(whatever year that will be).
Touche'. :lol:

grizpsych said:
tourist said:
Supporting a non-griz team can be a habit hard to break. I speak from experience, having lived in Pocatello for a long time. Make sure you have your antidote nearby.
Remind me again just why the Griz and scats are NOT playing.

I don't agree. Especially when one season is shortened. But the quality of play drops when players don't have an opportunity for a season. Also, you clearly never played the game, and don't have a clue about the subject you are trying to talk about.

PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:

I don't agree. Especially when one season is shortened. But the quality of play drops when players don't have an opportunity for a season. Also, you clearly never played the game, and don't have a clue about the subject you are trying to talk about.

I don't think it will be a huge issue for the vast majority of teams playing a Spring season, but for the teams that go deep into the playoffs in the Spring and then again in the Fall, I do think that could just be too much for the players. For a team like NDSU this means there's a good chance they'll be playing 25 or 26 games in one calendar year. That is too much. However, NDSU is probably the ONE team in the FCS that has enough talented depth to overcome the given injuries and fatigue that are inevitable. This isn't rocket science here. Every snap in every practice rep or game has a slight risk of injury to every player on the field. So obviously the more practices you have and games you play, the greater the injury risk to the players.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I don't think it will be a huge issue for the vast majority of teams playing a Spring season, but for the teams that go deep into the playoffs in the Spring and then again in the Fall, I do think that could just be too much for the players. For a team like NDSU this means there's a good chance they'll be playing 25 or 26 games in one calendar year. That is too much. However, NDSU is probably the ONE team in the FCS that has enough talented depth to overcome the given injuries and fatigue that are inevitable. This isn't rocket science here. Every snap in every practice rep or game has a slight risk of injury to every player on the field. So obviously the more practices you have and games you play, the greater the injury risk to the players.

I would imagine a lot of teams are gonna use the spring as a depth building year also, giving a lot of live reps to 2nd and 3rd teamers.

marceagfan5 said:
Plenty of room to come root for EWU..
Lots of room, but no reason.
EWU is one of a very few stadiums in North America where fans will pay extra for an obstructed view of the field.

Back