• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where will Graves be used?

I bet we will see some “wildcat” packages with him taking direct snaps with lead blockers. Didn’t we have him, Janacaro, and Bingham in the backfield for a short yardage play last year? Idaho maybe?

WaGriz4life said:
I bet we will see some “wildcat” packages with him taking direct snaps with lead blockers. Didn’t we have him, Janacaro, and Bingham in the backfield for a short yardage play last year? Idaho maybe?

I wish we would have had him in for a short yardage situation in the Griz Cat game last year!

406 said:
WaGriz4life said:

I wish we would have had him in for a short yardage situation in the Griz Cat game last year!
We had Janacaro and didn't use him. Probably the strongest runner we have. Maybe afraid he would fumble. Oh, wait....

BWahlberg said:
reinell30 said:
BWahlberg said:
garizzalies said:

Hell. Yes.

Agree 100% with this. Put him behind Janacaro blocking.

Go with 2 TE's, Jancarao blocking, Graves running... oh man, Bobby's dream come true haha.

I am getting ready to go out here, as soon as it gets dark to shoot the M320 Grenade launcher. And the scenario you describe has be much more excited!

kemajic said:
406 said:
WaGriz4life said:

We had Janacaro and didn't use him. Probably the strongest runner we have. Maybe afraid he would fumble. Oh, wait....
Graves played against the Cats too. Lined up in the backfield and never got the ball. I kept waiting for Sneed to motion out for the direct snap to Graves. Once we got to the 10 I was hoping for that or another end around to Sulser. If we block one guy on the edge on that play he scores from the 10 every time. Just like on the first drive.

kemajic said:
406 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Yup

jcu27 said:
kemajic said:
406 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Yup

Janacaro appeared to be in Bobby’s doghouse at the scrimmage last Friday. He got his butt chewed good.

I think Graves is a very good runner and a tough kid based on his play last season and then in last week’s scrimmage. He didn’t throw well at all during the scrimmage, however. But it’s hard to judge his throwing yet because he was working with o-lineman that were having issues. I do think he ultimately ends up at outside linebacker, though.

Reinell,
Of course you mean an M302 grenade launcher....got an FFA permit for that?
;)

I say use him as an ass kicker where ever needed. But find one position and let him be.

My guess is LB.

Harm said:
Lol, I'm not ATF-E but I'm in the family...

You would do well to gain the acquaintance of Renell30. :thumb: He also has a great tailgate if you make it to any of the games.

WaGriz4life said:
kemajic said:
406 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Graves played against the Cats too. Lined up in the backfield and never got the ball. I kept waiting for Sneed to motion out for the direct snap to Graves. Once we got to the 10 I was hoping for that or another end around to Sulser. If we block one guy on the edge on that play he scores from the 10 every time. Just like on the first drive.

He got the ball twice early on.

However, I do like the suggestion you made and would have enjoyed seeing that wrinkle. I think it would have worked.

grizfan95 said:
WaGriz4life said:
kemajic said:
406 said:

He got the ball twice early on.

However, I do like the suggestion you made and would have enjoyed seeing that wrinkle. I think it would have worked.
2 carries for 3 yards against MSU. 7 carries for 18 yards for the season.

Back