• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where are the Cats and griz four games in?

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
The last decade or so has been good for the rivalry. Bob fans were led to believe they could somehow be like the Griz as a program someday. Griz made improvements; Bobs made 7/8ths style improvements. Angry Fan probably even stopped punching walls for a bit. It gave them hope, and it was cute. I just hope they will stick around this time instead of pretending not to care like they did for a quarter century.

You used to be funny & intelligent. What happened? Did you mom make you move out of the basement?

I don’t think about your history on eGriz.com at all.

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
The last decade or so has been good for the rivalry. Bob fans were led to believe they could somehow be like the Griz as a program someday. Griz made improvements; Bobs made 7/8ths style improvements. Angry Fan probably even stopped punching walls for a bit. It gave them hope, and it was cute. I just hope they will stick around this time instead of pretending not to care like they did for a quarter century.

You used to be funny & intelligent. What happened? Did you mom make you move out of the basement?

CDA is and always has been very funny. You have never been anything other than a dick.

Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray said:
I don't think the Cats beat the Griz this year, unless they get healthy & the Griz don't. Cats don't need a passing game to beat the Griz Copper, but it sure would help. Look at the 4 game streak - no much passing..... Griz look terrific - can't wait to see them at Sac.

Bear Spray,
Your post is respectful and realistic. I, like others on the board, don’t believe the Cats can be one dimensional and win. They just don’t have the horses they used to. Especially on Defense. Choate recruited well and hit the Griz when they were down. Bobby has all the cylinders firing and the defense is ridiculously good. Injuries - yes they could be a factor. We will wait and see. I actually feel bad for Cat fans. Way too many injuries this year and that is frustrating. Griz fans know what that is all about after last year. Seriously - EWU did not look good. They are in trouble as a program. They have slid way backward. Possibly the worst team they have fielded in the past ten years. They look really bad in so many areas. Cats are likely going to experience what the Griz did when Bobby left. Down years and takes a while turn the program around.

Do you still believe all this? And, if PR is watching, do you still think the griz would have crushed the Cats on Saturday..... assuming you watched both games? I hope you all still feel that way, and think the Cats are middle of the pack this year, i.e. won't put up much of a fight against the griz. :cool:

poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray,
Your post is respectful and realistic. I, like others on the board, don’t believe the Cats can be one dimensional and win. They just don’t have the horses they used to. Especially on Defense. Choate recruited well and hit the Griz when they were down. Bobby has all the cylinders firing and the defense is ridiculously good. Injuries - yes they could be a factor. We will wait and see. I actually feel bad for Cat fans. Way too many injuries this year and that is frustrating. Griz fans know what that is all about after last year. Seriously - EWU did not look good. They are in trouble as a program. They have slid way backward. Possibly the worst team they have fielded in the past ten years. They look really bad in so many areas. Cats are likely going to experience what the Griz did when Bobby left. Down years and takes a while turn the program around.

Do you still believe all this? And, if PR is watching, do you still think the griz would have crushed the Cats on Saturday..... assuming you watched both games? I hope you all still feel that way, and think the Cats are middle of the pack this year, i.e. won't put up much of a fight against the griz. :cool:

Oh, they’ll put up a fight. They’ll fight their lil’ gutty Bobcat hearts out. It’s like when you go to your nephew’s little league game, and the opposing pitcher is throwing 72 on the black in warmups, so you know they’re about to get smoked. “Good eye, Timmy” is the highlight.

CDAGRIZ said:
Oh, they’ll put up a fight. They’ll fight their lil’ gutty Bobcat hearts out. It’s like when you go to your nephew’s little league game, and the opposing pitcher is throwing 72 on the black in warmups, so you know they’re about to get smoked. “Good eye, Timmy” is the highlight.

I’m bringing orange slices to the game for all the bobkitten fans!

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I’m bringing orange slices to the game for all the bobkitten fans!

Thanks AWF. I believe the email said I'm on Capri Sun duty this week, so considered that covered. Are we all still planning on a post-game trip to Dairy Queen?

poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray,

Yeah, giving up 476 yards to a 1-4 team did not impress.

kemajic said:
poorgriz said:

Ok, so you do think the griz would have crushed the Cats in Bozeman Saturday night had that been them and not UCD. Got it. See ya on November 19th! :thumb: Oh, and you better hope you don't keep losing key players.....

poorgriz said:
kemajic said:

Ok, so you do think the griz would have crushed the Cats in Bozeman Saturday night had that been them and not UCD. Got it. See ya on November 19th! :thumb: Oh, and you better hope you don't keep losing key players.....

Dunno. Don't really care. I do know the GRIZ wouldn't give up ten (10!!!!!!) touchdowns to any team in America, let alone osu.

I also know you can't tell much from one game.

19th it is.

Dumpster fire of a thread. Both teams are EXACTLY where everyone thought they'd be 5 games into the season. Dredge this thread up in a few weeks and it MIGHT be worth a shit then.

ilovethecats said:
Dumpster fire of a thread. Both teams are EXACTLY where everyone thought they'd be 5 games into the season. Dredge this thread up in a few weeks and it MIGHT be worth a shit then.

Pssst....

We know; but your cat brethern have some difficulties understanding basic concepts such as these. We try to be helpful and supportive whenever possible.

ilovethecats said:

Agree wrt records. Disagree slightly in terms of how the teams look. I thought the Cat defense would be better. Yikes. I expected that Tommie TD would be injured by now, but I didn't expect that the backup would be so much better than him. I guess I also expected the Griz offense to look a shade better.

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

Pssst....

We know; but your cat brethern have some difficulties understanding basic concepts such as these. We try to be helpful and supportive whenever possible.

lol, I think you made my point EG, which was simply jumping on here and pointing out how ridiculous it is for griz fans to see that great 4-0 start for the griz out of the gate against a weak schedule and book their trips to Frisco. I mean hey, knock yourselves out but I think Saturday proved might have some work to do if they plan on dominating NDSU in Frisco (as I literally did hear predicted), and also there are some other teams in the Big Sky playing pretty good football.

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Pssst....

lol, I think you made my point EG, which was simply jumping on here and pointing out how ridiculous it is for griz fans to see that great 4-0 start for the griz out of the gate against a weak schedule and book their trips to Frisco. I mean hey, knock yourselves out but I think Saturday proved might have some work to do if they plan on dominating NDSU in Frisco (as I literally did hear predicted), and also there are some other teams in the Big Sky playing pretty good football.

Of course it's ridiculous. *96.87% of shit fans say or put on a message board is ridiculous.

For example, your allegation that the GRIZ schedule has been weak. Complete bullshit. And certainly no weaker than the cats' (save for the osu game in which there were TEN touchdowns scored).

*Percentages may be higher on bcn.

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Of course it's ridiculous. *96.87% of shit fans say or put on a message board is ridiculous.

For example, your allegation that the GRIZ schedule has been weak. Complete bullshit. And certainly no weaker than the cats' (save for the osu game in which there were TEN touchdowns scored).

I know where I'm posting EG so I expect this to be dismissed and that's ok. But according to Massey the SOS for our Top10 is the following:

NDSU 37th
SDSU 17th
UM 75th
MSU 24th
Sac 35th
Delaware 80th
Weber 47th
Jackson St 115th
Holy Cross 53rd
UIW 28th

Per usual, these numbers are fluid and will change every week.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

I know where I'm posting EG so I expect this to be dismissed and that's ok. But according to Massey the SOS for our Top10 is the following:

NDSU 37th
SDSU 17th
UM 75th
MSU 24th
Sac 35th
Delaware 80th
Weber 47th
Jackson St 115th
Holy Cross 53rd
UIW 28th

Take out the game where your defense couldn't hold back a fart and what's the msu number?

This is why I say the GRIZ schedule hasn't been softer than msu's. Yes, you played a P12 program. But you got asses whooped in an embarrassing manner. I don't think I'd hold that turd game up when talking about SOS.

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

NDSU 37th
SDSU 17th
UM 75th
MSU 24th
Sac 35th
Delaware 80th
Weber 47th
Jackson St 115th
Holy Cross 53rd
UIW 28th

Take out the game where your defense couldn't hold back a fart and what's the msu number?
Not sure. But obviously our strength of schedule would go down had we not played an FBS school. But I think that goes without saying. But it seems the strength of schedule argument would be pointless if we just removed the good teams that teams have to play. I think that is the entire point of a strength of schedule. And why it changes week to week.

I don't know how far the Cats will get this year but I'd think that unless we make it back to Frisco and NDSU is there again that OSU will be our toughest opponent all year. So playing them, even with them shelacking us, will obviously bolster our strength of schedule.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

NDSU 37th
SDSU 17th
UM 75th
MSU 24th
Sac 35th
Delaware 80th
Weber 47th
Jackson St 115th
Holy Cross 53rd
UIW 28th

Crazy. How did the Bobs do in the one game that skews that "24th" number?

Back