• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What's New @ Stadium?

All I know is that no matter what the foreman says, there wasn't a divided lunch room, with the backhoe guys over here and the dump truck drivers over there. And no matter, it certainly was NOT due to the assistant dump truck foreman, who had a job opportunity in Hawaii for 10 times the money, but turned it down to run a Tonka truck operation in Bozeman.

Absolutely classless of a guy who makes $200,000 plus incentives, to sit in an airconditioned office mere feet away from the construction site and not even bother to put out a damn press release thanking them for all their work.

havgrizfan said:
Absolutely classless of a guy who makes $200,000 plus incentives, to sit in an airconditioned office mere feet away from the construction site and not even bother to put out a damn press release thanking them for all their work.
Oh, you know, the work is being paid for by a guy who started out as an excavator and blade operator. He's known as a pretty nice guy; just goes to show how far that can go. UM even put out a "dam press release" thanking them. I can't imagine how far this project would have gotten without at least a few "thank yous" publicly made. You know, just in case your journalism needs some tweaking in the "fact" department which it always seems to need.

UMGriz75 said:
Well, they poked around a little yesterday with the Excavator, but didn't really do much with it. Seems like they are waiting for something ....
Procurement on these types of jobs is always a pain, at first guess that's what I would guess would hold anything up on this project. However it does seem a little early as the specialty vendors don't get involved until later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Dude if it looks anything like their turf...butts will be cut!
The UM Baseball Field is the alternating light and darker green. It makes a very high quality presentation.

Im talking about the Cats box cutter patchwork football field. I know the alternating turf looks good. You still will be hard pressed to find a sexier field than what they now have in Glendive....that red really pops off the alternating green.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/09/montana-field-of-dreams/25544447/

BadlandsGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
The UM Baseball Field is the alternating light and darker green. It makes a very high quality presentation.

Im talking about the Cats box cutter patchwork football field. I know the alternating turf looks good. You still will be hard pressed to find a sexier field than what they now have in Glendive....that red really pops off the alternating green.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/09/montana-field-of-dreams/25544447/
Yes, the Cats did manage to "achieve" a lighter and darker green contrast (!), in the usual fashion over there that is, "oops." The Glendive kids are a lucky bunch of boys. That's a nice high school turf. UM's baseball field emblem snaps out for the same reason. The "Bear," which visitors often comment on, will really be something with that alternating contrast -- as opposed to the way the Cats did it.

"Ps. It's always the concrete guys. They f$&King hate everyone."

They like people to call it mud. If people call it mud, there's no issue, and they become congenial.

UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Yes, the Cats did manage to "achieve" a lighter and darker green contrast (!), in the usual fashion over there that is, "oops." The Glendive kids are a lucky bunch of boys. That's a nice high school turf. UM's baseball field emblem snaps out for the same reason. The "Bear," which visitors often comment on, will really be something with that alternating contrast -- as opposed to the way the Cats did it.

Cool...we have the best midfield logo around...that much was evident by all the comments about our "Grizzly of Wisdom" on social media after the NDSU opener.

Someone needs to steal a roll of the old turf...cut it up and sell it damnit....PM me if anyone is willing to get this done!!!!

When will a permanent sound meter be installed into the stadium? I an American and I want to instantaneous gratification as to knowing when the crowd is near the decibel-level of a fighter jet!

GlacierGrizX said:
When will a permanent sound meter be installed into the stadium? I an American and I want to instantaneous gratification as to knowing when the crowd is near the decibel-level of fighter jet!
Now there's an idea!

Back