• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Way Too Early of Next Year's Roster

Millhoop said:
astutegriz said:
I think starters will change often as season goes. My wish is next year to be a building year to long-term greatness with a season ENDING depth chart to be:

F Owens
F Samuelson
G/F Carter-Hollinger
G/F Pridgett
G Vasquez

Bench
F Miller, Yagi
G Falls, Manuel, Egun
TBD transfer as I don’t think Dorsey gets a year.
Mop up: Brown, walk on

Redshirt
Anderson, Steadman

A good enough transfer to be a starter or Dorsey return could allow Carter-H to redshirt.

Way off base.

I expect Miller will be a starter along with Falls. I also think Carter-Hollinger will be a major contributor as a true freshman. He was ranked a one of the best high schoolers in California. :thumb:

Millhoop said:
astutegriz said:
I think starters will change often as season goes. My wish is next year to be a building year to long-term greatness with a season ENDING depth chart to be:

F Owens
F Samuelson
G/F Carter-Hollinger
G/F Pridgett
G Vasquez

Bench
F Miller, Yagi
G Falls, Manuel, Egun

Redshirt
Anderson, Steadman

A good enough transfer to be a starter or Dorsey return could allow Carter-H to redshirt.

Way off base.

Probably.

astutegriz said:
Millhoop said:
astutegriz said:

F Owens
F Samuelson
G/F Carter-Hollinger
G/F Pridgett
G Vasquez

Bench
F Miller, Yagi
G Falls, Manuel, Egun

Redshirt
Anderson, Steadman

Way off base.

Probably.

Interesting idea to redshirt Anderson though........

GrizWhiz said:
Millhoop said:
astutegriz said:

F Owens
F Samuelson
G/F Carter-Hollinger
G/F Pridgett
G Vasquez

Bench
F Miller, Yagi
G Falls, Manuel, Egun

Redshirt
Anderson, Steadman

Way off base.

I expect Miller will be a starter along with Falls. I also think Carter-Hollinger will be a major contributor as a true freshman. He was ranked a one of the best high schoolers in California. :thumb:
I would be a little shocked if T-Falls does not start. He was one of the few to show life in the Michigan game, and TDC has called him their best on-ball defender.

Just a wild-ass guess (and assuming Steadman sits out next season):

Falls
Pridgett
Egun
Dorsey
Miller or Carter-Hollinger

Off the bench:

Manuel
Owens
Anderson
Samuelson
Vazquez
Yagi

Whoa, that's a 12-man rotation! :D

Don’t count on Dorsey for next year and better than 50/50 Mac will red shirt. That will depend on the play of Samuelson in the early season. The only sure starter for next year is Pridgett. And you can take that to the bank.

dayday said:
My guess at Starters:
F- Mack Anderson (So.)
F- Donaven Dorsey (R-SR)
G-Sayeed Pridgett (SR)
G- Kendal Manuel (SR)
PG- Timmy Falls (JR)

Bench:
6th: F- Tony Miller (JR)
7th: F- Selcuck (SO. and can't play until Jan.)
8th: G- Josh Vasquez (FR.)
9th: G- Eddy Egun (R-FS)
10th: C- Kelby Krammer (R-So)
11th: G- Freddy Brown III (So.)
12th: G/F- DJ Carter-Hollinger (FR.)
13th: G/F- Kyle Owens (FR.)
14th: C/F Ben Carter (So.)
15th: F- Peter Jones (RS-So)

I am kind of presuming Timmy Falls steps up to be our PG but that Vasquez kid is really talented so he could push for the spot as well. I could also see Tony Miller starting instead of Mack Anderson with them doing that small ball lineup they did down the stretch but I liked this lineup better for when they need some size. I am not really sure about the true freshman coming in and how that impacts things. TDC has stated this is one of his better classes so it would not surprise me if they are in the mix. I think our big questions are finding a point man to replace Rorie and if any of our bigs develop more.
My *updated* guess at Starters:
F- Mack Anderson (So.) 6'9"
F- Tony Miller (RS-JR) 6'6"
G-Sayeed Pridgett (SR) 6'5"
G- Kendal Manuel (SR) 6'4"
PG- Timmy Falls (JR) 6'2"

Bench:
6th: PG-Jahshire Hardnett (RS-SR)
7th: F- Selcuck (SO. and can't play until Jan.)
8th: F-Jared Samuelson (RS-SR)
9th: G- Eddy Egun (R-FS)
10th: G- Josh Vasquez (FR.)
11th: G- Freddy Brown III (So.)
12th: G/F- DJ Carter-Hollinger (FR.)
13th: G/F- Kyle Owens (FR.)
14th: G-Jett Briceno (FR.)
15th: F- Peter Jones (RS-So)

Sit out: C/F- Michael Steadman (SR that is redshirting)

Back