• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Way Too Early of Next Year's Roster

GrizLA said:
How many scholarships are the Griz able to have. Seems there are a lot of offers and accepted offers out there. I know we lose 4 this year. DeCuire is going to have to make some tough decisions soon, I think.
DeCuire is always open to adding more talent. He's made it clear. Scholarships are year to year. You do as expected, do good in the classroom, follow rules, don't break the law, you'll be back. If you fall short in any of these things, you're jeopardizing your scholarship. He's proven that as well. He has no qualms about cutting the strings of a player or players. Hence, his propensity to offer players, even if there aren't any known scholarships available.

AllWeatherFan said:
citay knows the game and knows how to write. He has a unique and interesting style. If the thread is a referendum on citay, I vote yes.

Thanks, AWF.
So I'm a referendum. Is there any tax money?

citay said:
AllWeatherFan said:
citay knows the game and knows how to write. He has a unique and interesting style. If the thread is a referendum on citay, I vote yes.

Thanks, AWF.

:thumb: YA got my vote as well, citay!

citay said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Thanks, AWF.

No, just a simple popularity contest. :lol:

grizindabox said:
rocklobster said:
Dorsey is being mentioned on this thread. Did we ever hear if he was given the extra year by the NCAA? I didn’t see it anywhere yet. Did I miss it?

He probably won't know for awhile yet.

I'm guessing they already know and have for some time. No reporters were able to get the information and Dorsey doesn't want to talk about it

kyle_sample said:
grizindabox said:
rocklobster said:
Dorsey is being mentioned on this thread. Did we ever hear if he was given the extra year by the NCAA? I didn’t see it anywhere yet. Did I miss it?

I'm guessing they already know and have for some time. No reporters were able to get the information and Dorsey doesn't want to talk about it

I would think if Dorsey was given the extra year he would have wanted to talk about it.

grizzlyjournal said:
citay said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Thanks, AWF.

:thumb: YA got my vote as well, citay!

In the spirit of America, I voted twice, keep it up.

kyle_sample said:
grizindabox said:
rocklobster said:

My understanding is that the NCAA would not complete it's review until the season was complete.

Now that chips have finally fallen here is my way to early depth chart.

F- Michael Steadman SR F- Mack Anderson (So.) C- Kelby Krammer (R-So)
F- Donaven Dorsey (R-SR) F- Tony Miller (JR) F- Yagi Selcuck (SO.)
G-Sayeed Pridgett (SR) G/F- Kyle Owens (FR.) G/F- DJ Carter-Hollinger (FR.)
G- Kendal Manuel (SR) G- Eddy Egun (R-FS) G- Freddy Brown III (So.)
PG- Timmy Falls (JR) G- Josh Vasquez (FR.)

I think the Kyle, Eddy and DJ battle for the 5th/6th guard position will be really fun to watch. I think Tony will have the leg up on Yagi because he will be playing in the nonconference schedule. Both are similar size/players and can score inside. Tony is more athletic, Yagi is a better shooter.

It's crazy we have 4 legit seniors again this year with lots of experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben is gone. Peter Jones will not see the floor. Freddy won't either except in garbage minutes.

Man, we are a deep squad. The talent these coaches have put together is amazing. That being said, in my opinion, a lot of guys have to make big steps improving this offseason for us to have a chance to 3peat the Big Sky.

Can't wait for Hoops!!!!

flatheadgriz406 said:

I think the Kyle, Eddy and DJ battle for the 5th/6th guard position will be really fun to watch. I think Tony will have the leg up on Yagi because he will be playing in the nonconference schedule. Both are similar size/players and can score inside. Tony is more athletic, Yagi is a better shooter.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben is gone. Peter Jones will not see the floor. Freddy won't either except in garbage minutes.

Man, we are a deep squad. The talent these coaches have put together is amazing. That being said, in my opinion, a lot of guys have to make big steps improving this offseason for us to have a chance to 3peat the Big Sky.

Can't wait for Hoops!!!!

Steadman has to sit out a year.......still a great pick up! :clap:

flatheadgriz406 said:

Can't wait for Hoops!!!!

Yagi is a better shooter.... 😂😂😂. Where did you pull that out of?

Millhoop said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

Can't wait for Hoops!!!!

I was about to ask that. The only posted highlights of Yagi are of him taking it to hole. Was there even 1 3 point shot on his video? If so, there weren't many.

mtgrizrule said:
Millhoop said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

Can't wait for Hoops!!!!

I was about to ask that. The only posted highlights of Yagi are of him taking it to hole. Was there even 1 3 point shot on his video? If so, there weren't many.

Got to watch a few open runs they had at the U. Yagi has been on fire. That being said Tony wasn't far behind him. Really excited for both of these guys.

flatheadgriz406 said:
mtgrizrule said:
Millhoop said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

Can't wait for Hoops!!!!

Got to watch a few open runs they had at the U. Yagi has been on fire. That being said Tony wasn't far behind him. Really excited for both of these guys.

That's terrific to hear. Thanks

grizindabox said:
kyle_sample said:
grizindabox said:
rocklobster said:

My understanding is that the NCAA would not complete it's review until the season was complete.

That's what his parents said. Perhaps they're involved in the conspiracy of silence too? :eek:

grizindabox said:
kyle_sample said:
grizindabox said:
rocklobster said:

I could see that if they applied this year, but my guess is they applied -- and were granted -- after last year when Dorsey sat out. Not seeing him at senior night was telling. He's not a guy who wants the spotlight, but I don't think to the extent that he would ask they don't even mention him on senior night

TrueGriz said:
kyle_sample said:
grizindabox said:
rocklobster said:

I would think if Dorsey was given the extra year he would have wanted to talk about it.

Not in my interactions with him. He doesn't like to be interviewed. Not that I blame him

I think starters will change often as season goes. My wish is next year to be a building year to long-term greatness with a season ENDING depth chart to be:

F Owens
F Samuelson
G/F Carter-Hollinger
G/F Pridgett
G Vasquez

Bench
F Miller, Yagi
G Falls, Manuel, Egun
TBD transfer as I don’t think Dorsey gets a year.
Mop up: Brown, walk on

Redshirt
Anderson, Steadman

A good enough transfer to be a starter or Dorsey return could allow Carter-H to redshirt.

astutegriz said:
I think starters will change often as season goes. My wish is next year to be a building year to long-term greatness with a season ENDING depth chart to be:

F Owens
F Samuelson
G/F Carter-Hollinger
G/F Pridgett
G Vasquez

Bench
F Miller, Yagi
G Falls, Manuel, Egun
TBD transfer as I don’t think Dorsey gets a year.
Mop up: Brown, walk on

Redshirt
Anderson, Steadman

A good enough transfer to be a starter or Dorsey return could allow Carter-H to redshirt.

Way off base.

Back