• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wa-Griz Summer Concert Series

GrizInTheZoo

With the addition of Badlander Catering accidentally leaking a Wa-Griz concert announcement this summer, we will now have 4 concerts at Wa-Griz in 8 total days:

August 22nd - Pearl Jam
August 24th - Tyler Childers
August 26th - Post Malone
August 28th - Pink & Sheryl Crow

I recall hearing Kent Haslam mention to Colter Nuanez on ESPN Missoula that the University is looking to have 2-3 stadium shows a summer, along with ~10 Adams Center shows going forward.

Haslam mentioned the IPF will be inflated by that week so the team isn’t interrupted, and that it’s helpful not having to completely tear down the stage to have to completely re build it. It would not surprise me if having multiple shows at Wa-Griz in a weeks time becomes a very regular thing in future summers.

With the addition of Badlander Catering accidentally leaking a Wa-Griz concert announcement this summer, we will now have 4 concerts at Wa-Griz in 8 total days:

August 22nd - Pearl Jam

I recall hearing Kent Haslam mention to Colter Nuanez on ESPN Missoula that the University is looking to have 2-3 stadium shows a summer, along with ~10 Adams Center shows going forward.

Haslam mentioned the IPF will be inflated by that week so the team isn’t interrupted, and that it’s helpful not having to completely tear down the stage to have to completely re build it. It would not surprise me if having multiple shows at Wa-Griz in a weeks time becomes a very regular thing in future summers.
That makes me so, so happy. I hadn't thought of that as a good use of space for the IPF, but that has to be a ton of money coming in, which we always need.

August 22nd - Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam usually donates much of their proceeds to Tester, or something like that.

That's gonna be a really busy week and a half for UM Event Staff. 4 concerts plus the home opener on the 31st. Makes sense to put them all at the same time so they can leave the stage up and the concert floor down. Most of the revenue goes to the athletic department too, so all wins for UM.

August 22nd - Pearl Jam

There are several UM alum who are well connected in the music industry and it’s great that President Bodnar sought them out to bring more concerts to the university. It’s a benefit to the community and may play a roll in boosting enrollment numbers.

Jeff Ament of PJ and Tester know each other from Big Sandy. I believe Ament still lives in Missoula. He's a big hoops fan and has Griz floor season tix. He has a small island at Flathead.
He does have a place in the Missoula area. Its pretty cool in that in addition to a regular pool, theres a second feaux pool tha5s for skateboarding.
He helps get skate parks for small towns.

August 22nd - Pearl Jam

Is Post Malone the leaked concert? I had not heard about that one. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back