• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2025 Montana HS Player Thread

Paytonlives

Staff member
Initial Ranking

"The Rare Ones"

None in this group yet. Only kid to get a FBS offer is Curnow (Nevada).

"The Blue Chips"
1- TE/LB Carter Curnow 6'4" 210 (Dillon) (Cat/Griz offer)
2- RB/LB Brady Casagranda 6'2" 205 (Bozeman) (Cat/Griz offer...I think)
3- OL Ben Winters 6'4" 300 (Kalispell Glacier) (Cat offer)
4- ATH Vincent Souza 6'4 205 (Billings Central) (kitten commit)
5- QB Grant Vigen 6'6" 205 (Bozeman Gallatin) (Cat/Griz offer)

Thoughts: Carter is long, rangy, and athletic with a great feel for the physical part of the game. Brady is a Nolan Askelson clone and a future 4-time AA All-State player as he's started on defense since he was a freshman for one of the best programs in the state. Ben has played right tackle for an offensive powerhouse in Glacier and moves very well for a big man. Vinny played H-back on offense for the Rams but surprisingly was a start corner for Billings Central so the versatility is awesome...though I see a future LB. Grant is your classic "built in a lab" pocket passer as he has a lot of Casey Bauman/Tucker Rovig to his high school game and he throws a beautiful ball with good velocity.

"The Partials" (No Order)
OL- Vaughn Wirkus 6'6" 240 (Helena Capital) (Cat/Griz Nevada offer)
WR- Bridger Smith 6'1" 175 (Kalispell Glacier) (Cat offer)
RB- Chase Cook 5' 10" 175 (Red Lodge)
ATH- Malachi Claunch 6'2" 190 (Billings West) (kitten & Idaho Offer)
CB- Tre Gary 6'0" 190 (Havre)
WR- Jaxan Lieberg 6'3" 175 (Helena High)
ATH- Cole Cordis 6'4" 245 (Valley Christian)

Thoughts: Vaughn has received offers from both MSU and UM and deservedly so as he's the best tackle prospect in this class. Bridger came on during his junior season and turned heads at summer camps this year with his crisp route running and excellent hands. Chase plays RB like he's shot out of a cannon. Malachi is a super smooth runner who can be developed in a lot of spots. Tre runs with a lot of urgency and can be that jet motion athlete, a pure RB, or possibly a star in the secondary. Jaxan has natural receiver traits that play at the next level. Cole is very raw but very fun to watch as a 8-man player as he was a menace as a big DE...but it really depends on how college coaches few him developmental wise.

"The Safe Investments" (No Order)
ATH- Merek Mihelish 6'2" 170 (Helena Capital) (Griz Verbal)

OL- Henry Carlson 6'5" 290 (Bigfork) (Griz offer)
WR- Calvin Garmann 6'5" 180 (Red Lodge)
DL- Ben Morasko 6'4" 225 (Bozeman Gallatin)
S- Luke Oxarart 5'11" 175 (Jefferson) (kitten offer)
DE/TE- Solomon Morgan 6'2" 190 (Corvallis)
S- Kaden Juhnke 6'2" 190 (Joliet)
CB- Jaxon Allery 5'10" 165 (Missoula Sentinel)
RB- Kobe Dorcheus 5'10" 180 (Kalispell Glacier)
ATH- Jace Koshatka 5'11" 185 (Missoula Sentinel)
CB- Carson Baker 5'11" 175 (Kalispell Glacier)
OL/DL- Lane Voermans 6'0" 235 (Columbia Falls)
LB- Blaine Downing 6'3" 195 (Malta)

"The Projects" (No Order)
OL- Levi Eaton 6'5" 240 (Glendive)
FB/LB- Jack DeBourg 6'2" 200 (Billings Central)
OL- Jackson Ritchie 6'7" 300 (Billings Central)
ATH- Reese Dahlke 5'8" 165 (Bozeman Gallatin)
OL/DL- Schafer Garness 6'1" 260 (Great Falls High)
TE/DE- Wes Banks 6'3" 215 (Eureka)
LB- Bridger Salvevold 6'2" 215 (Culbertson )
OL- Simon Harbour 6'3" 245 (Bozeman)

Last edited:
It's a brand-new world with the transfer portal. If these guys are not "Rare" or blue chips, I really don't see a whole lot of offers on the table at the D1 level anymore. I imagine a few will be going D2/3/JUCO, earning their chops then hitting the portal if/when offers come in. If I didn't get love from the bigger schools or d2 I would definitely hit the JUCO trail and send video out to them, maybe even hit their camps.

It's a brand-new world with the transfer portal. If these guys are not "Rare" or blue chips, I really don't see a whole lot of offers on the table at the D1 level anymore. I imagine a few will be going D2/3/JUCO, earning their chops then hitting the portal if/when offers come in. If I didn't get love from the bigger schools or d2 I would definitely hit the JUCO trail and send video out to them, maybe even hit their camps.
The Patty O'Connell route...

Back