• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2022 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

GrizJohnson said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/TysonRostad/status/1415428976084852738

Looks like all that discussion we had about him worked! Maybe we should start talking about Zac Crews and Max Alford a bit more! Looks like we are starting to get this recruiting train going, can't wait to see who's next. Anybody have any ideas?

Well those would be the best gets of our current offers and definitely in the running but they both will have FBS interest so we’ll see.

1.) Taco Dowler (Billings West) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH (Griz, N. Colorado, kittens)
3.) Caden Dowler (Billings West) - 6'0", 195 lbs. - S (N. Colorado, kittens)
5.) Malikye Simpson (Billings Senior) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH (Griz, MT Tech & kittens)
8.) Jake Rendina (Kalispell Glacier) - 5'11", 230 lbs. - RB (Army, Navy, Air Force, MT Tech & Carroll)
9.) Charlie Kirgan (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'0", 210 lbs. - FB/DE (MT Tech)
10.) Ethan Abbott (Florence) - 6'4", 275 lbs. - OL/DL (Griz & kittens)

Vim's Spring 2021 list:

Seems the Dowlers want to play together (Mom has indicated this). kittens have offered both. Griz offered Taco with a lot of safeties on roster. Neither has verballed yet
Malikye- Would love to see him in Griz colors... really fast and strong. My gut says he is leaning toward the kittens
Rendina- is going to be unstoppable in the AA this year. Speed seem to be a concern, but man he will be a load in goalline in college.
Kirgan... GREAT ATH, Baseball will be calling after his monster year. Is very under rated in football, If UM offers I bet he stays home.
Abbott- kind of hidden down at Florence, looked very good at both UM and kitten camp. My gut says he verbals with UM

BDizzle said:
Looks like Malikye is going to Bozeman.

Dizzle, sorry I forgot you as a poster whose contributions are valued. Getting old and my memory fails me. Keep posting! We love your input!

BDizzle said:
Dizzle, curious where you hear this? My indications were that a decision wouldn't be made until late (at least into his senior season).

grizband said:
BDizzle said:
Dizzle, curious where you hear this? My indications were that a decision wouldn't be made until late (at least into his senior season).

I know the Scats have been pushing hard, but I was told he hasn’t made a decision yet where he is going to go. I was also told he might just run track in college and there may be some FBS level track ops available. You are right, I think it is way too early to make an educated guess here.

406 Grizzly said:
grizband said:

I know the Scats have been pushing hard, but I was told he hasn’t made a decision yet where he is going to go. I was also told he might just run track in college and there may be some FBS level track ops available. You are right, I think it is way too early to make an educated guess here.
I don't think he'll make a decision until late, keeping all of his options open. He's the fastest kid in the state, and track may be where his future lies (not that he couldn't excel in football).

Simpson hasn’t made a decision yet. However, his Twitter has lots of likes for Cat posts compared to UM. He has a connection to the Cats recruiting coordinator Jimmy Beal. Jimmy knows the family a bit from his rocky days. So fair to assume if he picks football they might be in the lead.

He hasn’t officially committed. Changed his profile picture on FB yesterday to the cats for a bit. Also I’m friends with Jimmy and Malikye’s family. So just hearing that’s the way he’s leaning and then when he changed it I thought it was official.

BDizzle said:
He hasn’t officially committed. Changed his profile picture on FB yesterday to the cats for a bit. Also I’m friends with Jimmy and Malikye’s family. So just hearing that’s the way he’s leaning and then when he changed it I thought it was official.
I'm know is mom, but sounds like you're closer with the family. Thanks for the information; I'd love to see him with the Griz, but know it'll be a tough decision. I figure academics will also factor, as he's an excellent student.

Cereal_Killer said:
Ok, I Googled but couldn't find an answer.

What is Vim? And, is there a link?

Thank you!

He is one of the "good" kitten fans, does a great job with the instate HS football recruiting.

Class AA Senior Kicker (1st Team All State as Soph) bombs kickoffs and is highly accurate on field goals of any distance. Getting lots of interest. Nothing like putting the kickoff into the North Endzone crazies!! Haha

https://twitter.com/torgersonkp/status/1431622202810642432?s=20

Paytonlives said:
1.) Taco Dowler (Billings West) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH (Griz, N. Colorado, kittens)
5.) Malikye Simpson (Billings Senior) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH (Griz, MT Tech & kittens)
8.) Jake Rendina (Kalispell Glacier) - 5'11", 230 lbs. - RB (Army, Navy, Air Force, MT Tech & Carroll)

Vim's Spring 2021 list:

Seems the Dowlers want to play together (Mom has indicated this). kittens have offered both. Griz offered Taco with a lot of safeties on roster. Neither has verballed yet
Malikye- Would love to see him in Griz colors... really fast and strong. My gut says he is leaning toward the kittens
Rendina- is going to be unstoppable in the AA this year. Speed seem to be a concern, but man he will be a load in goalline in college.
Kirgan... GREAT ATH, Baseball will be calling after his monster year. Is very under rated in football, If UM offers I bet he stays home.
Abbott- kind of hidden down at Florence, looked very good at both UM and kitten camp. My gut says he verbals with UM
Jake Rendina May not be the fastest guy on the field but not bad either. However, you may be able too catch a Abrams tank from behind but try and stop it😳

Paytonlives said:

Vim's Spring 2021 list:

Jake Rendina May not be the fastest guy on the field but not bad either. However, you may be able too catch a Abrams tank from behind but try and stop it😳

I know for a fact that both UM and msu are not recruiting Rendina very heavily not for the fact that he isn’t good but because he doesn’t fit very well with the offense I think he’d be a perfect get for Army or Navy and I think both have offered.

Best HS two-way lineman in the state is a Junior in Butte's Zach Tierney.

Last year as a Soph he earned class AA All-State Honorable Mention on both sides of the ball as only a Soph (6'4" 260). That's hard to do when your that young and on a middle of the pack team. Also a top Heavyweight wrestler and legion baseball player.

Pancake blocker on O, and unblockable, punishing tackler on D:

Soph highlights

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ec9m1

QB Kaden Huot is so far having a great Senior season:

Through two games, Huot has completed 70 percent of his passes while compiling 486 yards, five touchdowns and one interception. He has also run for 117 yards and a touchdown for Helena, one of the top teams in the state.

Next up for 2-0 Helena is at 1-1 Butte. Helena won 14-9 last season in Helena.

Back