• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Underrated GRIZ WRs

shannon cabunoc, matt trevathan, shalon baker, marvin turk, travis walker, jefferson heidelberger, amongst many.

Drew Deck, hopefully he gets his chance to prove himself, he made circus catches all the time for Glacier. And is a shifty runner with good speed

The Hancock brothers, Tanner and Tate.

Though I remember Tate being super sure-handed despite being undersized.

I specifically remember Tate with a clutch long third down conversion in a comeback at Portland State in ... 02?

i can't believe no one has brought up kessman yet. i guess that just proves how underrated he has been over the years.

WaGriz4life said:
JAMAAL JONES

Was set to make 2 NFL rosters as an undrafted guy and got hurt the last week of camp twice. Panthers and Chargers. Most underrated receiver by far

This

grizfan406 said:
Jerry Louie-McGhee can't believe he hasn't been mentioned... Def underrated 👍
Jerry got as much press as any Griz receiver I can remember.

Sorry Bama I missed that. Marvin was on fire his Senior year. The good ole days. He was fun to watch.

alabamagrizzly said:
Grizwold said:
Smarsh beat me to it. Marvin Turk. Nuff said.

Sorry but I’m gonna toot my own horn. I mentioned swervin Marvin in like the 7th post on the thread😎.

yeah, but i was probably thinking it before you, so clearly i win.

while we're at it, i think travis walker is probably the most underrated on that list. could catch anything thrown at him and blocked better than any receiver i've ever seen. there were many times they put him at TE and he held his own blocking on the edge.

Josh Paffhausen - #2 All-Time Griz single game receptions in a game, at 15 (in 1997).

Keenan Curran tied for #1 All Time, with five others, for having the most touchdown receptions in a single game, at 4 (he did it in 2016).

smarsh said:
shannon cabunoc, matt trevathan, shalon baker, marvin turk, travis walker, jefferson heidelberger, amongst many.

It's Mike Trevathan, he was UM's all-time leading receiver at the time and was the BC Lions 3rd all-time leading receiver at the time from 1991 to 1997.

IntuitiveGriz said:
smarsh said:

It's Mike Trevathan, he was UM's all-time leading receiver at the time and was the BC Lions 3rd all-time leading receiver at the time from 1991 to 1997.

dang, i knew that....he was one of my favorite players to watch when i got to UM. i think i was doing a mash-up of matt clark and mike trevathan. which, incidentally, would have been a pretty good player. i would include matt clark but he was kind of a dick.

UncleRico said:
Etu Molden comes to mind for me. He was a stud.

I agree. Molden is right up there with the best Griz WR. He was big,fast, and good hands. He was the whole package.

smarsh said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

dang, i knew that....he was one of my favorite players to watch when i got to UM. i think i was doing a mash-up of matt clark and mike trevathan. which, incidentally, would have been a pretty good player. i would include matt clark but he was kind of a dick.

Clark and Trevathan were both excellent (and under-rated) receivers. They were reliable route-runners, good hands, decent speed, willing to go over the middle/take a hit. Clark, with his "non-import" Canadian eligibility, had a good career in the CFL with a little help from catching passes from Doug Flutie. I didn't know him, so I have no opinion about him personally but I did know Trevathan, and he was a really nice guy and also had a very good CFL career, which is more impressive as an "import".

Back