• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM @ NDSU Score prediction

NDSUSR said:
CoppernGold said:
The Fargodome is not the best FCS venue, by far. That would belong to the University of Montana
He said "toughest" not "best". I would have stated "one of the toughest".
Weber may be better than Montana right now.
Should be a good game next week.

:lol: :lol: you just lost all credibility.

Griz 24
Bison 21

CoppernGold said:
The Fargodome is not the best FCS venue, by far. That would belong to the University of Montana, Thank you. And I would think twice about bragging about beating Iowa State (everyone does) when I seen the same Bison team struggle to beat perennial Big Sky Conference doormat Weber State. I seen the Griz make many mistakes saturday night against USD but that's football. You all can talk about venues and what-not, but the only thing that matters is when the two teams line up Saturday afternoon. The University of Montana will come to play. I anticipate a good game, and a very silent Fargodome (lame, it's a dome) after the Montana Grizzlies bring NDSU back down to earth. Kudos to NDSU, they had a nice run. But we all know what goes up, must come down. I think it's about that time. Don't cry too hard, it's just a game.
^^^ this guy my friends is correct.

Cards are stacked against the Griz for sure. If our coaches can learn anything from the BBQU game then I think the Griz can control the tempo and keep this a lower scoring game.

Griz ---- 24
By-son - 21

Bison 24, Montana 14 - Griz won't have a problem with their kicking game. Both teams stop the run, but NDSU's passing game wins it.

http://www.masseyratings.com/pred.php?s=cf&sub=11605&dt=20140920" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Massey has NDSU 35 - 7 (-28.5)

NDSUSR said:
http://www.masseyratings.com/pred.php?s=cf&sub=11605&dt=20140920

Massey has NDSU 35 - 7 (-28.5)

Holy shit. I'd bet the house on the Griz with that line... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Such a bummer in my opinion to see how NDSU has basically ran to the top and sadly we Griz are looking up to them!

I am a realist here however and think NDSU wins this one big.

Bison 35

Griz 10

I think we get out coached,our offense struggles and the D gets worn out. I think it might be soft of close at the half, like Griz 3, Bison 10.

2nd half Bison adjustments get there offense clicking and it gets out of hand quick.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=90865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; some talk from Fargo sports reporters

http://www.veooz.com/videos/XHUp2CZ.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Coach K. press conference 09/15/14

Do your local sports guys do anything similar? Please post if they do.

A couple predictors show the following:

http://www.nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
this site shows NDSU winning 99 out of 100 with a 20 point margin of victory

Sagarin shows NDSU rating of 77.37, Griz 63.51 so Bison win by 17

I'm not sure what to think at this point in the season. If I had to guess it will be a closer game.

Go Bison!

OrgonGriz said:
Such a bummer in my opinion to see how NDSU has basically ran to the top and sadly we Griz are looking up to them!

Bison 35

Griz 10

I think we get out coached,our offense struggles and the D gets worn out. I think it might be soft of close at the half, like Griz 3, Bison 10.

2nd half Bison adjustments get there offense clicking and it gets out of hand quick.

Thats what sucks. We have the talent to beat anybody at the top, but our coaching is the big handicap.

This game will be similar to the Wyo game IMO. The Griz will need a couple of turnovers to win or keep the game close. After a close 1st half, NDSU eventually takes over with their running game. NDSU gets two 4th quarter rushing TDs on a tired Griz D.

Final 27-10. NDSU wins .

get'em_griz said:
OrgonGriz said:

Bison 35

Griz 10

Thats what sucks. We have the talent to beat anybody at the top, but our coaching is the big handicap.

Pollsters like our coaching, #4 out of 120 teams.

I think this is going to be a great game.

I know this #4 Griz team. They had their potential shot at Goliath NDSU in the playoffs last year, but they dropped the ball (didn't beat Coastal Carolina, who is #5 by the way this year) and didn't hold up their end of the bargain to get to play the Bison.

The Griz thought they were going to beat Wyoming. And show that the Griz were "THAT TEAM" (tough guys). But again, they failed in their attempt to impose their will on another team (that they say they want to do, that that is why they play the game).

So the third time is the charm? We'll see... The Griz are either "THAT TEAM" or they are just like everybody else that "THAT TEAM" pushes around.

Griz win a tough, tough game is my prediction. Become "THAT TEAM" Griz, because you haven't been in a long time.

NDSU has won an FCS-record 27th straight game... :shock:

NDSU has beaten an FBS school in each of the past 5 seasons... :shock:

I have confidence in our defense. :thumb:

The main deciding factor in the game will be how well or how poor the UM offense plays. Jordan Johnson is a smart QB. He's had a lot of snaps. NDSU is not going to confuse him, as they've even mentioned. And just like their coach said, UM goes as Jordan Johnson goes. When Johnson is clicking, completing his throws, UM is tough to stop. (When he isn't, they are easy to stop.) The Griz OL will need to control the line of scrimmage. They played a lot better against South Dakota then they did against Wyoming, so I'm crossing my fingers they bring their big boy pants to Fargo. I was very happy with their South Dakota performance however, so that is promising. :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
NDSU has won an FCS-record 27th straight game... :shock:

NDSU has beaten an FBS school in each of the past 5 seasons... :shock:

I have confidence in our defense. :thumb:

The main deciding factor in the game will be how well or how poor the UM offense plays. Jordan Johnson is a smart QB. He's had a lot of snaps. NDSU is not going to confuse him, as they've even mentioned. And just like their coach said, UM goes as Jordan Johnson goes. When Johnson is clicking, completing his throws, UM is tough to stop. (When he isn't, they are easy to stop.) The Griz OL will need to control the line of scrimmage. They played a lot better against South Dakota then they did against Wyoming, so I'm crossing my fingers they bring their big boy pants to Fargo. I was very happy with their South Dakota performance however, so that is promising. :thumb:

I watched the game you guys played with USD. I came away from that with a few questions regarding has USD picked up it's game that much or are the Griz over rated. By the way I've got you guys in my top 10 in the AGS Poll. I honestly don't know the answer to the question about USD or you guys and the ranking but I'm leaning towards USD being better this year. Joe Glenn is a heck of a coach not that I have to tell you guys that. Anyway looking forward to the weekend and meeting a bunch of you guys and hopefully a injury free game as well as a Bison "W". Safe travels to all who are going to make it.

NDSUSR said:
Weber may be better than Montana right now.
Should be a good game next week.

No. Just because they (somehow) gave you a game for 2 quarters doesn't mean they're not terrible. Don't be myopic.

28-14 Bison

Back