• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM hosts Idaho (Saturday Jan. 28th)

To be honest, the Griz lack that go to guy. They are very inconsistent on both sides of the ball. The half court offense in the second half was not good.

Way to many substitutions early in the game when they could have put this game away. Lackluster effort and terrible shooting in the 2nd half. The team is in a major funk.

I just don't get the somnolent atmosphere at Dahlberg, game after game. There is a church a mile away from me in SC that has more spirit and life than a crowd at UM.

GrizLA said:
I just don't get the somnolent atmosphere at Dahlberg, game after game. There is a church a mile away from me in SC that has more spirit and life than a crowd at UM.

Let it go LA, it is what it is and it is not going to change anytime soon.

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:

You are probably right. It is hard to watch good talent but poor coaching, or whatever it is. UM has lost more than their edge in athletics. Now, they are among the middle to bottom of the BSC. Who'd have thought that? The crowd reflects so much.

GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:

You are probably right. It is hard to watch good talent but poor coaching, or whatever it is. UM has lost more than their edge in athletics. Now, they are among the middle to bottom of the BSC. Who'd have thought that? The crowd reflects so much.

So Kent needs to fire not just the football coach, but the men's basketball coach at the same exact time? In the same exact year? Yeah, that will project just the kind of stability kids are looking for when thinking about their futures. SMH.

THANK GOD, Kent Haslam is a rational human being.

George Ferguson said:
GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:

So Kent needs to fire not just the football coach, but the men's basketball coach at the same exact time? In the same exact year? Yeah, that will project just the kind of stability kids are looking for when thinking about their futures. SMH.

Georgie, take it easy. I don't see anyone mention that Travis should be fired.

I don't get it. You lose one game against PSU and suddenly your whole season starts to fall a part. There's got to be something going on internally with the team or something cause this just makes no sense. Now we head into cat griz on a 4 game losing streak and the cats coming off a 4 game winning streak. All Oguine had to do was make the free throw and I would feel a lot better about our chances going into the game next week.

Griz til I die said:
I don't get it. You lose one game against PSU and suddenly your whole season starts to fall a part. There's got to be something going on internally with the team or something cause this just makes no sense. Now we head into cat griz on a 4 game losing streak and the cats coming off a 4 game winning streak. All Oguine had to do was make the free throw and I would feel a lot better about our chances going into the game next week.

The free throw would have been nice, but really Oguine had a terrific game. There were lots of other missed opportunities by other players, as well as poor defensive efforts by other players, so don't pin the loss on him....

:cool:
George Ferguson said:
GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:

Travis Decuire is not a bad coach. This is not his fault. Tonight the players just decided it would be a good idea if they fouled the vandals every single time down the court, not to mention we couldn't knock down any shots. This is not Decuires fault for anyone who says that.

Griz til I die said:

Cats have won 5 in a row and the Griz are an average team.

grizonbob said:
Griz til I die said:

The free throw would have been nice, but really Oguine had a terrific game. There were lots of other missed opportunities by other players, as well as poor defensive efforts by other players, so don't pin the loss on him....
I never was. The reason we lost the game was because of Bobby Moorehead. He just decided he was gonna take over the game by shooting every time down the court and he missed it every time. The vandals would then respond with a fast break every time because of it, so it's his fault.

GrizLA said:

It is pathetic the way people just sit there. Grrrrrr

Griz til I die said:
I never was. The reason we lost the game was because of Bobby Moorehead. He just decided he was gonna take over the game by shooting every time down the court and he missed it every time. The vandals would then respond with a fast break every time because of it, so it's his fault.

So you are saying it was a bad coaching decision to have BM on the floor?

GrizLA said:

It is pathetic the way people just sit there. Grrrrrr

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:

So you are saying it was a bad coaching decision to have BM on the floor?
No I'm not saying that. I'm saying he should have been smart and tried to get the ball inside to Krslovic or get some ball reversals around the perimeter. He had no right to keep taking shot after shot. He should have realized that he couldn't make a single shot and should have passed the ball.

I don't know what it is or how to fix it but going to games at the Adam's Center is like going to a funeral. Quiet, polite cheering. Students falling asleep. "Hey now, lets not get too loud! Might wake up the kids!"

As far as the basketball side of things, this team seems to lack aggression on offense and resorts to driving to the lane (which sometimes works with players like Wright, Oguine and Rorie). No offense to Fab, but he missed a couple of gimmes and Samuelson can't make a layup to save his life. On defense it looks like they are getting gassed every possession because of the physical matchups in the paint that they can't defend.

Like every other Grizzly team nowadays, "Wait til next year."

Latest posts

Back