• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trumaine Johnson NFL Combine

The official 40 times are complete BS. NFL Network guys basically disproved the formula they use to calculate official 40s last year. The Unofficial times are proven to be more accurate.

09000d5d827448b3_gallery_600.jpg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2012/09000d5d827448b3_gallery_600.jpg

TJ continues to impress..and BTW did anybody catch RGIII on NFL.co re-diagram a play that Steve Mariucci had just raced through on the grease board? This guy isn't just an athlete. He is super smart! What a catch for somebody...maybe Brandon's dad in St Louis? He'd give the Okie incumbent a heel of a run for the QB job.

Silvertip said:
TJ continues to impress..and BTW did anybody catch RGIII on NFL.co re-diagram a play that Steve Mariucci had just raced through on the grease board? This guy isn't just an athlete. He is super smart! What a catch for somebody...maybe Brandon's dad in St Louis? He'd give the Okie incumbent a heel of a run for the QB job.
St. Louis already announced they will be trading the #2 pick to the highest bidder.

I'm happy for Tru (and Dirt.) I wish them all the best. They've worked hard and I hope if pays off well for them! :clap: :thumb:

Tru - Griz Nation hears ya!!!!!

Go Griz!

WaGriz4life said:
Silvertip said:
St. Louis already announced they will be trading the #2 pick to the highest bidder.

I sure hope that Miami can work something out to make this happen..

grizcountry420 said:
WaGriz4life said:
Silvertip said:

I sure hope that Miami can work something out to make this happen..

EXACTLY what I was thinking... :thumb: :thumb:

So I just had a chance to log into the Combine website for the first time. I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot or not, but it's telling me that Trumaine Johnson ran a 4.61. That would rank him 28th out of the 53 DB's who ran. Is that correct?

wbtfg said:
So I just had a chance to log into the Combine website for the first time. I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot or not, but it's telling me that Trumaine Johnson ran a 4.61. That would rank him 28th out of the 53 DB's who ran. Is that correct?

Yes. That apparently is his official time. Of interesting note, one of the commentators mentioned that having 33 inch arms is like cutting of .07 from your time.

WaGriz4life said:
The official 40 times are complete BS. NFL Network guys basically disproved the formula they use to calculate official 40s last year. The Unofficial times are proven to be more accurate.
really? so when i see the official time of 4.61 i shouldnt be somewhat disappointed? cuz honestly when i read that i thought to my self "shit that a bummer"...it would be awesome to know if did actually run well! GO TRU!

PhxGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Yes. That apparently is his official time. Of interesting note, one of the commentators mentioned that having 33 inch arms is like cutting of .07 from your time.

Got it...were the first runs pre-lims? Wondering why such a huge discrepancy between what was reported earlier today (4.5...8th fastest time...top performer...etc) and actual. Did the announcers have him confused with someone else?

wbtfg said:
PhxGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Got it...were the first runs pre-lims? Wondering why such a huge discrepancy between what was reported earlier today (4.5...8th fastest time...top performer...etc) and actual. Did the announcers have him confused with someone else?
Hahaha no definatley not. His unnoficial times were 4.50 and 4.53. I watched live this morning. There is really no method to there "official" times. RG3 ran sub 4.4 twice and they gave him 4.41 officially. There is a weird formula they use, like how some people use one to get a one rep max. Unnoficial times at the combine are much more accurate, so I have read.

Regardless he ran very well and looked very good.

WaGriz4life said:
wbtfg said:
PhxGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Hahaha no definatley not. His unnoficial times were 4.50 and 4.53. I watched live this morning. There is really no method to there "official" times. RG3 ran sub 4.4 twice and they gave him 4.41 officially. There is a weird formula they use, like how some people use one to get a one rep max. Unnoficial times at the combine are much more accurate, so I have read.

Regardless he ran very well and looked very good.
thats great! cuz when i saw 4.61 i was shocked...glad to see he ran better than that...he looked confident as hell in his interview, doing good things down there in indy!

His stock is no doubt on the rise. He had to of jumped on a lot of teams radars that weren't too familiar with him. They were constantly talking about him and what a great safety they think he can be with his ball skills.

Back