• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trase LeTexier

bigsky33 said:
WaGriz4life said:
Situations like this happen at literally every university.

Yes they do, and it is never any good!
Yeah but it’s not damaging to the entire University when a football player that never plays gets in trouble for something minor.

WaGriz4life said:
bigsky33 said:
Yes they do, and it is never any good!
Yeah but it’s not damaging to the entire University when a football player that never plays gets in trouble for something minor.

Anytime an athlete gets in trouble it is splashed all over the newspapers and this does do damage to a University's reputation. Even when the incident may be dismissed later on, people remember the initial headlines.

PlayerRep said:
first11 said:
Griz football officially starts....

Hmmm.......as if there weren’t enough issues at hand and we have this crap.

Isn't politics supposed to be in the Political section? Or, do you support politics being in every post that people make?

Soooo sorry mr name drop

bigsky33 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Anytime an athlete gets in trouble it is splashed all over the newspapers and this does do damage to a University's reputation. Even when the incident may be dismissed later on, people remember the initial headlines.

Sorry if I missed it in the missoulian, but another young man hit 11 cars Friday night leaving the scene on all. . Aggravated DUI, tampering with evidence and meth possession (2nd offense) no insurance of course. Not news worthy? I wish Gwen would take a job at the Bozeman comical.

first11 said:
PlayerRep said:
Isn't politics supposed to be in the Political section? Or, do you support politics being in every post that people make?

Soooo sorry mr name drop

Have you ever provided anything of value to the board? If so, remind us.

No name drops from me. Just my friends. Too bad you don’t know anyone.

Regardless of this case, there should be due process for any college student accused of some misdeed. Maybe not “guilt without a reasonable doubt,” but...at least something substantive...

Unfortunately there is a hypersensitive vibe around Missoula these days, and has been since Hauck left. Probably the end for Trase at UM, especially since he was t a contributing player on game day.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Unfortunately there is a hypersensitive vibe around Missoula these days, and has been since Hauck left. Probably the end for Trase at UM, especially since he was t a contributing player on game day.

It’s not the end for Trace unless he wants it to be.

Remember the UM has the Student Athlete Code id Conduct. Especially now that it’s reduced to a misdemeanor (going off another post) he’ll have a punishment for sure. Add in I’m sure the coaching staff will also levy some extra punishments too.

Filthy McGrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:

Sorry if I missed it in the missoulian, but another young man hit 11 cars Friday night leaving the scene on all. . Aggravated DUI, tampering with evidence and meth possession (2nd offense) no insurance of course. Not news worthy? I wish Gwen would take a job at the Bozeman comical.

He's a kid. A college kid.

Bozeangeles is much more liberal today than Sanfranzoola. Hell, the entire country knows that:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/us/politics/montana-senate-bullock-daines.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

retiredpopo said:
LadyGrizFan said:
Trace was in Stockmans bar, extremely intoxicated, slurring his words, stumbling around and got asked to leave prior to his arrest. He was making the football team look horrible.

his mug shot looked like that was probably the case. Want to see good kids do stupid stuff just add copious amounts of alcohol.

Alcohol doesnt make everyone a bad person, with Trace it just seems to amplify his bad characteristics. He should probably see a counselor, might be his parents fault but he just isnt grown up enough to be consuming alcohol. shows his true colors

LadyGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:
his mug shot looked like that was probably the case. Want to see good kids do stupid stuff just add copious amounts of alcohol.

Alcohol doesnt make everyone a bad person, with Trace it just seems to amplify his bad characteristics. He should probably see a counselor, might be his parents fault but he just isnt grown up enough to be consuming alcohol. shows his true colors

I don't think this has anything to do with his parents. I also don't think it looks bad on UM football. Young man made a mistake, will suffer whatever consequences come with it, and hopefully learn and grow from it. Like an earlier poster said He is a college kid, and some times college kids do dumb things... I am glad that god didn't bless me with ANY kind of athletic ability... I would hate to have all the dumb shit I did in college be all over the papers. (Minneapolis was in WAY to big of a city for my shenanigans to even make a blip)

Poof, and the charge is gone. Mattson was the "bad" guy in this incident.

"Two other men aside from Mattson were initially charged with accountability for the assault, although the Missoula County Attorney's chief criminal prosecutor, Matt Jennings, told the Missoulian on Wednesday that new evidence did not support those charges. The county attorney's office filed a motion to dismiss those cases Wednesday, Jennings said."

https://missoulian.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/body-slam-lands-missoula-man-with-felony-assault-charge/article_d44f2432-4d05-526a-8fe1-0d3cbcccefc8.html

LadyGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:

In my day he would be called a sloppy drunk. Someone who can't hold his liquor. Dude needs to limit or or quite drinking altogether!

Sounds and looks like (from witnesses) that Trase was an innocent bystander in this, had nothing to do with the assault, and already had charges dropped. Will probably run to the M a few times just for being there but time to move on.

HookedonGriz said:
Sounds and looks like (from witnesses) that Trase was an innocent bystander in this, had nothing to do with the assault, and already had charges dropped. Will probably run to the M a few times just for being there but time to move on.

Come on hooked. I’m sure we can get 17 pages outta this too. Just let it work it’s course.

PlayerRep said:
Poof, and the charge is gone. Mattson was the "bad" guy in this incident.

"Two other men aside from Mattson were initially charged with accountability for the assault, although the Missoula County Attorney's chief criminal prosecutor, Matt Jennings, told the Missoulian on Wednesday that new evidence did not support those charges. The county attorney's office filed a motion to dismiss those cases Wednesday, Jennings said."

https://missoulian.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/body-slam-lands-missoula-man-with-felony-assault-charge/article_d44f2432-4d05-526a-8fe1-0d3cbcccefc8.html

Very classy by the Missoulian...put two people’s name and picture wearing an orange jump suit in their rag of a newspaper (which can be googled forever whenever the kid’s names are searched for a job, etc) but then don’t mention their names when all charges are dropped. Scumbags.

Filthy McGrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:

Back