• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Today's press conference

grizindabox said:
jodcon said:
I have a theory where all the sand washed away in the Bahamas ended up.

Second best post on this thread.

I disagree. I thought this was better than CDA’s post. Short. Succinct. To the point. Funny. CDA went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and.....well...you get the point. :cool:

This thread is marvelous on so many levels. Inside and out; top to bottom. The content is amazing and the topic is an all-time egriz great. I can’t get enough.
It’s the god damn commie reporters asking dumb questions and printing fake news on daily fishwrappers

garizzalies said:
This thread is marvelous on so many levels. Inside and out; top to bottom. The content is amazing and the topic is an all-time egriz great. I can’t get enough.
It’s the god damn commie reporters asking dumb questions and printing fake news on daily fishwrappers

No soup for you!

It's pretty simple, a reporter lobbed up a softball to a team leader that was likely to elicit a response along the lines of "We can't wait to play in our stadium. It's the best place to play. We have the best fans, blah, blah, blah." Essentially a positive sound bite for the program.
It's not a great question by any means, but it is a legitimate question after UM lost the last three games at home in pretty embarrassing fashion and are preparing to play at home for the first time since what is an epic debacle compared to the standard the program had set at home.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
jodcon said:
I have a theory where all the sand washed away in the Bahamas ended up.

Second best post on this thread.

I disagree. I thought this was better than CDA’s post. Short. Succinct. To the point. Funny. CDA went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and.....well...you get the point. :cool:

Incorrect, but understandable in your condition.

kyle_sample said:
It's not a great question by any means, but it is a legitimate question after UM lost the last three games at home in pretty embarrassing fashion and are preparing to play at home for the first time since what is an epic debacle compared to the standard the program had set at home.
A legitimate question when the topic is a review of the Montana 2018 season. When the topic is to review last Saturday's game and preparation for the upcoming game this week, not so much. I view it as narrative-driven, which is what I suspect BH viewed it.

Just wait until one of the players gets sideways with the law. I guarantee the folks at the local rag already have that story written...a litany of player issues during BHs first stint....the protests....etc.

Narratives are already baked in...he knows it, we know it, everyone knows it.

He should fulfill NCAA and contractual obligations and nothing more.

kyle_sample said:
It's pretty simple, a reporter lobbed up a softball to a team leader that was likely to elicit a response along the lines of "We can't wait to play in our stadium. It's the best place to play. We have the best fans, blah, blah, blah." Essentially a positive sound bite for the program.

It's pretty simple,
Time for you to sell some "that's a legitimate question Hauck" T shirts....

Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:
kyle_sample said:

It's pretty simple,
Time for you to sell some "that's a legitimate question Hauck" T shirts....

Is there money in that?

kemajic said:
kyle_sample said:
A legitimate question when the topic is a review of the Montana 2018 season. When the topic is to review last Saturday's game and preparation for the upcoming game this week, not so much. I view it as narrative-driven, which is what I suspect BH viewed it.

Why does it have to be a review of last year to ask that question?
It’s perfectly relevant to this years mind set(unless you are a brand new Griz fan)

As Kyle said, it was a softball. The question could have been. “Dalton you guys lost three consecutive home games to end the season last year. You hadn’t won a home game since September 22 2018. How important is it for yuh to get back in front of the home crowd and show what the 2019 Griz are all about?”

It is relevant and my guess is 100% of the folks on here are anxious to see this team in person.

The funny thing is if this team comes out Saturday and runs up a first half lead only to blow it in the second half, everyone on here will be referencing last year. Lol

Joke
Police: Mr Hauck, we have a video of you robbing a bank yesterday.

Hauck: yeah I did it, so what! There’s nothing you can do about it. I robbed it yesterday. This is today!

kemajic said:
kyle_sample said:

After reading both of Frank’s articles the question doesn’t seem narrative driven:
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/coming-off-season-opening-win-montana-starts-home-slate-against/article_9dd84960-262b-5f40-931a-db3a4ce5dda3.html

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-looks-to-continue-home-opener-winning-streak-with-north/article_d58e7c99-7c9f-5388-804d-a2b6bba59883.html

BH is consistent; this is not going to change; so is there going to be whining like this every week?

YES this is eGriz.
kemajic said:
BH is consistent; this is not going to change; so is there going to be whining like this every week?
Yes this is the new Bobby. No this is the old Bobby.
Yes that is narrative-driven. No that is not narrative-driven.
Yes he is acting like a D!ck. No he is not acting D!ck-like.
Yes we need a dome. No we don't need a dome (and no half-domes David2).
Yes we need new Uniforms. No we don't want new Uniforms.
same old eGriz debates

Proud Griz Man said:
YES this is eGriz.
kemajic said:
Yes this is the new Bobby. No this is the old Bobby.
Yes that is narrative-driven. No that is not narrative-driven.
Yes he is acting like a D!ck. No he is not acting D!ck-like.
Yes we need a dome. No we don't need a dome (and no half-domes David2).
Yes we need new Uniforms. No we don't want new Uniforms.
same old eGriz debates

I think the only thing missed in what you note is that we need names on the back of the jerseys that can be seen from space. Or not...

kyle_sample said:
Exactly; besides BH brought up that he had seen them on film play SUU last year and that NA had just beaten a team that had beat um last year. So he is basically saying I can talk about last year but the press can't. Major douch response IMO.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
The.Real.2506 said:
Major douch

& get some perspective - about old school football coaches

https://www.phillipscountynews.com/story/2014/11/05/opinion/remembering-coach-cliff-hysell/1008.html

excerpted
" . . . I was uncomfortable being singled out, especially because all the sports writers in the room were on deadline and didn’t need quotes from the coach that had nothing to do with the game.

But his smile was far better than his scowl, and it sure beat hearing him snarl, “That’s a stupid !%$#&! question.” . . . "

Proud Griz Man said:
:roll: :roll: :roll:
The.Real.2506 said:
Major douch

& get some perspective - about old school football coaches

https://www.phillipscountynews.com/story/2014/11/05/opinion/remembering-coach-cliff-hysell/1008.html

excerpted
" . . . I was uncomfortable being singled out, especially because all the sports writers in the room were on deadline and didn’t need quotes from the coach that had nothing to do with the game.

But his smile was far better than his scowl, and it sure beat hearing him snarl, “That’s a stupid !%$#&! question.” . . . "
Do you really think that BH's method of showing open disdain and contempt to the press is the best way to restore the image of a program that has been severely tarnished since his last tenure? Especially since his last go around ended in a major pissing match with the student paper. It just seems to me that you hire a head coach to do more than coach X's and O's and he is going out there and pissing on everything he can find. I guess if that is what you want, have fun, I know I will from over here the other side of the divide. :thumb:

Show me where I said BH's method was the best way. :roll: :roll: :roll: Read much ?
The.Real.2506 said:
Do you really think that BH's method of showing open disdain and contempt to the press is the best way to restore the image of a program that has been severely tarnished since his last tenure? Especially since his last go around ended in a major pissing match with the student paper. It just seems to me that you hire a head coach to do more than coach X's and O's and he is going out there and pissing on everything he can find. I guess if that is what you want, have fun, I know I will from over here the other side of the divide. :thumb:

Proud Griz Man said:
Show me where I said BH's method was the best way. :roll: :roll: :roll: Read much ?
The.Real.2506 said:
Maybe I misinterpreted, but I thought you were saying that since one of our coaches had been difficult at his pressers that it was all OK for BH to piss on everything he could see.

Back