• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Time for a Major Re-Evaluation

AZGrizFan said:
PeauxRouge said:
Well, expectations for this team have blown up and been thrown out the window. We just lost to two of the (predicted) bottom dwellers of this league. I still expect us to win the tournament, and I think DeCuire will right the ship. This has been very disappointing so far.

Does anyone else feel see any similarities to the 2007 Football team? That was supposed to be our year on paper and it was such a disappointing thud at the end. This basketball team really feels like that, too, so far this year. Still time, though! Go Griz!

What is it that you see that makes you so confident the ship can be “righted”? He gonna teach them all to suddenly start making 3’s consistently? EWU had a guy (AGAIN) who was draining them from 25 freaking feet consistently. We don’t have ONE guy we can consistently count on. Some nights they look like world beaters....other nights they look like bottom dwellers. I thought the whole point of the tough OOC was to prep them for nights like this. Instead, they play down (presumably) to their competition and end up losing...they appear “disinterested” for long stretches of the game, and get lazy on defense....

I base that off the talent we do have and the coach we have. We know what the team is capable of. They just need to figure it out. A good start would be to stop jacking threes. Move the ball and slash to the bucket. Draw fouls. This is what we do. The team needs to decide what kind of season they want and adjust accordingly.

The team needs to learn how to defeat a zone D. As long as they can’t make 3’s teams are going to sit back and watch them jack them up all night.

AZGrizFan said:
The team needs to learn how to defeat a zone D. As long as they can’t make 3’s teams are going to sit back and watch them jack them up all night.

Which is more reason why they must win on the defensive end of the court like last season.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

Which is more reason why they must win on the defensive end of the court like last season.

Yep.

We’ve lost the last two to sub-par teams. Lost to Georgia Southern and Irvine earlier this year. Got blown out by Creighton and Zona. Maybe, just maybe we aren’t as good as we think. That’s ok though. Doesn’t matter in a 1-bid Big-Sigh

Back