• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thursday Night BBall (Jan 10) .. UM at EWU

Lots of time left but the Griz better get their shit together or this will be a pretty embarrassing loss.

Well so much for the run.... stick a fork in 'em. No will to win tonight. Flat ugly basketball. Seeing that way too much from such a talented team. Disappointing.

Griz2k said:
Well so much for the run.... stick a fork in 'em. No will to win tonight. Flat ugly basketball. Seeing that way too much from such a talented team. Disappointing.

I think we should start considering we are not a great shooting team. Teams will just zone us from here on in. We don’t show that we can shoot the ball consistently.
This is a 3-12 team beating us tonight.
Also, Akoh played so lifeless. Almost nonchalant.
Season is early, but two losses like this in a row is now a trend.
Go Griz!

Look on the bright side. Probably won't lose Travis. I hate to lose to these guys in every sport.

Hard to fathom how a team with such promise could be among the bottom teams of BSC at this time. Maybe, the guard heavy offense is not for UM. To be effective, that system needs a bit more speed and much better ability to score from out, AND still use the slash to the basket. UM has neither of that, right now and Saturday is the toughest conf road game. Not looking good...

GottaluvGriz said:
Griz2k said:

I think we should start considering we are not a great shooting team. Teams will just zone us from here on in. We don’t show that we can shoot the ball consistently.
This is a 3-12 team beating us tonight.
Also, Akoh played so lifeless. Almost nonchalant.
Season is early, but two losses like this in a row is now a trend.
Go Griz!

You're exactly right...not a great shooting team at all. This game sucked.

Offensively, this team is not really any different from last years, it is the defensive end that is the big difference. The drop-off this year is quite large.

Griz2k said:
I'm starting to question just how truly talented this team is. They may have the physical attributes, but there does not seem to be anyone with the mental toughness to step up at crunch time. And they just flat-out do not play well as a unit.

There's still time to turn things around. But what are they going to do when they actually have to play a good team?

I had high hopes for this team, lucky we make the tournament. Oh yeah good thing everybody gets in.

IdaGriz01 said:
Griz2k said:
I'm starting to question just how truly talented this team is. They may have the physical attributes, but there does not seem to be anyone with the mental toughness to step up at crunch time. And they just flat-out do not play well as a unit.

There's still time to turn things around. But what are they going to do when they actually have to play a good team?

Agreed. I’ve made mention several times of people counting their chickens and worrying about what seed we’re going to get...it has always been a foregone conclusion with some posters that we were going to win the conference tourney....not to me. This team spends long stretches on the court looking completely lost and it seems that EVERYONE, at the same time, loses the ability to put the ball in the bucket.

We’re four games into the season and already two games down in the loss column. Don’t look like this is gonna be the sendoff TD was expecting...with all his guards, he forgot to recruit a big man worth a shit.

zengriz said:
...poor playing...
...worse coaching...
...hard watching...

... :oops: ...
Seems like a trend. The soccer team had a good year after the pervert coach was reluctantly removed after players reported him, but doesn't your post apply to nearly every game of every sport this year? Is Dixie state looking for an AD? Cause I don't think this is what Griz athletics is about, and it seems to infest the entire athletic department.

IdaGriz01 said:
Griz2k said:

Basically, a 4 guard scheme and Akoh but they all seem to want to let another team member shoot and spend too much game in passing the ball around. Not going to work if you don't have a shooter and team leader. UM hasn't had a 3 pt shooter in 2 years that is consistent.

We are pretty terrible shooting team and that is going to lose us games. The boneheaded turnovers also didn't help. Going to have to get some things fixed just too much talent not to get it figured out.

Back