• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Throw backs!!

Raider said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:
This thread is very "Griz fan"

Wrong board, I guess...

I don't follow.

Probably because it's not a played out schtick bitching about everything and being perpetually negative. Say one nice thing about yourself every morning. Try it! You'll forget about her in no time!

anyways....back to the actual discussion. It look bad to the students when we are cutting budget all around the university and we get multiple cool new uniforms. So they are going to stick to the stuff we have in the room already. We still have all the other color combos in storage and could be used at some point. Bobby is not a fan of changing jerseys and colors. He believes in the traditional maroon and silver. silver helmet, silver pants and maroon tops.

CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:
Super cute and clever, as always, but I think you missed the point.

Are you sure?

Pretty sure. You call me “perpetually negative”, which ironically was my point. Immediately people start bitching about uniforms/helmets when they try something new.

….and thanks for the life advice my man, but I don’t need to “forget about her”. All good there thanks, been happily married for years. Judging from your super tight message board game, I am guessing you may not have a “her”? No judgements bro, you got message board banter on lock down.

Raider said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:
Super cute and clever, as always, but I think you missed the point.

Are you sure?

Pretty sure. You call me “perpetually negative”, which ironically was my point. Immediately people start bitching about uniforms/helmets when they try something new.

….and thanks for the life advice my man, but I don’t need to “forget about her”. All good there thanks, been happily married for years. Judging from your super tight message board game, I am guessing you may not have a “her”? No judgements bro, you got message board banter on lock down.
:lol: :lol:
All good man!

The matte maroon and white helmets are gone ??

George Ferguson said:
I love the look, but the only actual retro part is the top. And those are the one's they wore against NAU a few years ago. Bdizzle, I agree that new helmets are expensive, and a throwback helmet would be a bit much to spend on one game. However, at this point, the Griz have to be literally the only NCAA DI team in the country that has ONE helmet. The matte maroon and white helmets are obviously gone, except for the ones they saved for the equipment room. I know a lot of people don't give a rats ass about Uniswagg, BUT ALOT of really good high school football players DO care.

Doesn't precisely say that the Griz only have ONE helmet or more. Stack was interviewed infrequently in the recent years.

https://mtstandard.com/ravalli/sports/college/grizzlies/griz-equipment-room-preparing-for-fall-frenzy/article_d7ee5432-a0d1-50fd-ac9f-bea07afc4412.html

Here is why I like them
They resemble the uniforms with silver helmets the Griz used when I first started to go to games.
before they went to yellow helmets they had silver.
I think at one time Idaho,Montana,Montana st,Nau all had yellow helmets.

Mavman said:
Here is why I like them
They resemble the uniforms with silver helmets the Griz used when I first started to go to games.

Silver helmets are a natural since grizzly bears are nicknamed Silvertips.

mtgriz said:
Mavman said:
Here is why I like them

Silver helmets are a natural for a mascot that is nicknamed “Silvertip”.

I think they did an amazing job of blending new school colors with our old school colors....if you dont love these jerseys...than theres just no pleasing you.

Also if somebody doesnt think this shit matters to kids and doesnt play into the schools they select...youre fucking crazy and totally disconnected to the college football landscape of 2018

mtgrizfankb said:
anyways....back to the actual discussion. It look bad to the students when we are cutting budget all around the university and we get multiple cool new uniforms. So they are going to stick to the stuff we have in the room already. We still have all the other color combos in storage and could be used at some point. Bobby is not a fan of changing jerseys and colors. He believes in the traditional maroon and silver. silver helmet, silver pants and maroon tops.
Understanding Hauck's preference of jerysey's, I really like having at least a couple alternates. Especially something special to premier when Montana hosts Cat/Griz (a la the maroon helmets with a Montana outline).

CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:
This thread is very "Griz fan"

Wrong board, I guess...

I don't follow.

Probably because it's not a played out schtick bitching about everything and being perpetually negative. Say one nice thing about yourself every morning. Try it! You'll forget about her in no time!

I’ll admit I literally laughed out loud at this.

Wish these were the regular uniforms. When you see this color anywhere in the country, you know it's one of two schools. If you see the maroon, it's one of probably hundreds of schools. I like the exclusivity.

MikeyGriz said:
Wish these were the regular uniforms. When you see this color anywhere in the country, you know it's one of two schools. If you see the maroon, it's one of probably hundreds of schools. I like the exclusivity.

This +1 :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

Back