• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Think We're Going to Have a Team

I don’t understand how it’s even an argument that Hauck didn’t inherit a great team/program last time. At that point they were only a year removed from being national champions and had won 2 in a 6 year period. If that’s not stepping into a good situation I don’t know what is. Don’t get hung up on a small sample size from the end of 2002. Bringing up that they lost 3 of 4 to end the season or whatever it was and then using that to show how bad of a situation they were in is nonsense. The Griz program was riding high at that point, that’s the only point I’m agreeing with and making here, it’s hard to argue otherwise.

Grizwold said:
You are forgetting those teams in 2000, 2001, 2002 were Denehey's recruits. Not Joe Glenns. Make no mistake about it Joe left the cupboard pretty bare and Bobby coached what he had up.

How did Bobby make it to NC game in 2004 with mainly Joes recruits? I thought Joe couldn’t recruit?

Catsrgrood said:
I don’t understand how it’s even an argument that Hauck didn’t inherit a great team/program last time. At that point they were only a year removed from being national champions and had won 2 in a 6 year period. If that’s not stepping into a good situation I don’t know what is. Don’t get hung up on a small sample size from the end of 2002. Bringing up that they lost 3 of 4 to end the season or whatever it was and then using that to show how bad of a situation they were in is nonsense. The Griz program was riding high at that point, that’s the only point I’m agreeing with and making here, it’s hard to argue otherwise.

Why don't you talk to anyone actually in the know at that time, and then report back to us.

catsack said:
Grizwold said:
You are forgetting those teams in 2000, 2001, 2002 were Denehey's recruits. Not Joe Glenns. Make no mistake about it Joe left the cupboard pretty bare and Bobby coached what he had up.

How did Bobby make it to NC game in 2004 with mainly Joes recruits? I thought Joe couldn’t recruit?

Who were Joe's recruits on the 2004 team?

PlayerRep said:
catsack said:
Grizwold said:

I don’t recall the state of returning team that Bobby inherited in 2003, but I do recall distinctly that the 2002 season ended with a raft of losses, primarily caused by being decimated by injuries by the end of the season.

CrunchGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
catsack said:
Grizwold said:

I don’t recall the state of returning team that Bobby inherited in 2003, but I do recall distinctly that the 2002 season ended with a raft of losses, primarily caused by being decimated by injuries by the end of the season.

I got the impression at that time that the University of Wyoming was secretly in conversation with Joe Glenn, perhaps about the time before the Eastern Washington game, then Glenn just gave up on bothering with winning any further with the Griz and had set his future plans with going with Wyoming. Why else would Glenn give such a pathetic answer to rivalries after losing to MSU, 10 -7? Then again there's that abominable loss to McNeese State with the prevent defense instituted from the middle of the third quarter onwards. Don't mind the hyperbole.

The only players I remember being injured, somewhat, was Pipinich, a redshirt Fr OL, maybe Pitcher with his shoulder, Segers with a hamstring injury and maybe Dane Oliver from the MSU game, but that's all I can recount.

PlayerRep said:
catsack said:
Grizwold said:

Talmage, L V , Jefferson H, looks like most of the offensive line, Tuff Harris, Alan Saenz,plus several other key defensive players ,J R Waller! To many to name all of them

catsack said:
PlayerRep said:
catsack said:
Grizwold said:

Talmage, L V , Jefferson H, looks like most of the offensive line, Tuff Harris, Alan Saenz,plus several other key defensive players ,J R Waller! To many to name all of them

Cupboard was bare, catsack. Get with the program. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
catsack said:
PlayerRep said:
catsack said:

AZ, don’t forget that old hack named Ochs at qb. It’s a wonder we ever won a game with him at the helm.[emoji1474]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizfnz said:
AZGrizFan said:
catsack said:
PlayerRep said:

AZ, don’t forget that old hack named Ochs at qb. It’s a wonder we ever won a game with him at the helm.[emoji1474]

:thumb: :D

grizfnz said:
... AZ, don’t forget that old hack named Ochs at qb. It’s a wonder we ever won a game with him at the helm. 👍
Bringing him up led to a "Where are they now?" thought. And that turned out to be fascinating. About his only success in pro football was in Europe, where (according to Wikipedia) he won something called the "World Bowl." But now, he's working for a "virtual reality" sports training company: https://www.sportsvts.com/ourteam/

AZGrizFan said:
grizfnz said:
AZGrizFan said:
catsack said:

:thumb: :D
Waiting on cupboard was bare guys response!

WyomingGrizFan said:
CrunchGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
catsack said:

I got the impression at that time that the University of Wyoming was secretly in conversation with Joe Glenn, perhaps about the time before the Eastern Washington game, then Glenn just gave up on bothering with winning any further with the Griz and had set his future plans with going with Wyoming. Why else would Glenn give such a pathetic answer to rivalries after losing to MSU, 10 -7? Then again there's that abominable loss to McNeese State with the prevent defense instituted from the middle of the third quarter onwards. Don't mind the hyperbole.

The only players I remember being injured, somewhat, was Pipinich, a redshirt Fr OL, maybe Pitcher with his shoulder, Segers with a hamstring injury and maybe Dane Oliver from the MSU game, but that's all I can recount.

I remember leading McNeese on the road and the big turn came when, I believe Peoples, got hurt on a kickoff. He had shut down their big time receiver who then torched the Griz.

Well here I am. You guys don't get it. Like Player Rep explained come talk to us when you know what your talking about. I didn't say Joe didn't recruit anyone. He had some good players. But he sure the hell didn't leave the program like what he inherited from Mick Denehey. Don't even try to argue that fact. In 2004 a good amount of those players were Denehey's 5th year Seniors. As for Jefferson Hidleberger and John Tallmadge give me a break. Jefferson pretty darn good but no where near the talent Bobby brought in after he got here. Tallmadge sucked plain and simple. He wasn't a gamer. Most everybody I know that are close to the program agree that Joe did not leav ed alot of talent for Bobby to work with. Some talent yes. But no where near what Joe inherited. That is a fact. Bobby came in and started recruiting bigger, better, and stronger athletes. That when we started to really roll again was when Bobby's recruits started playing. Hence to my original post, there was a quarter tank of gas left in the Caddy. It sure the fuck wasn't full. The cubboard wasn't completely bare but it sure wasn't full like Joe inherited.

Oh yea and Craig ochs. I believe Bobby brought him here didn't he? Ochs was a stud but pretty sure Bobby brought him here. I could be wrong on that. But yea Ochs was the real deal!

Can anyone give a brief comment on the state of the program when dennehy resigned, and why did he resign. My recollection was that he was successful and got pissed off at Dennison and abruptly left and then Glenn took over with the same staff, program, offense and defense and recruits etc. thanks

Grizwold said:
Well here I am. You guys don't get it. Like Player Rep explained come talk to us when you know what your talking about. I didn't say Joe didn't recruit anyone. He had some good players. But he sure the hell didn't leave the program like what he inherited from Mick Denehey. Don't even try to argue that fact. In 2004 a good amount of those players were Denehey's 5th year Seniors. As for Jefferson Hidleberger and John Tallmadge give me a break. Jefferson pretty darn good but no where near the talent Bobby brought in after he got here. Tallmadge sucked plain and simple. He wasn't a gamer. Most everybody I know that are close to the program agree that Joe did not leav ed alot of talent for Bobby to work with. Some talent yes. But no where near what Joe inherited. That is a fact. Bobby came in and started recruiting bigger, better, and stronger athletes. That when we started to really roll again was when Bobby's recruits started playing. Hence to my original post, there was a quarter tank of gas left in the Caddy. It sure the f*** wasn't full. The cubboard wasn't completely bare but it sure wasn't full like Joe inherited.

There isn’t one Denehey recruit on the 2004 team, unless he’s a sixth year senior, nice try! Top four receivers were Joe recruits accounting for 78% of the receptions! A quick google search could help you know it all’s before you spew your bullshit the cupboards were bare!

PlayerRep said:
My view is that anyone who actually "expects" championships (national) truly never played the game. And has no appreciation of how hard it is to become a national championship.

My friend, Carson, truly played the game, and he expects the Bison to win a National Championship next year.

Haha.

This thread is sad.

Denehey got the job at Utah St. Took Craig Paulson with him Dutch. Catsack you can argue all you want about the Cubboard. Like I said it was more bare than what Joe inherited. Way more!

I am just excited to see what Bobby can do with this team. I feel Stitt has recruited some talent. Alot, that remains to be seem. His recruiting was pretty good I think. He just is not the coach to coach them up. I think Bobby will. Like Bobby said after spring game Sat. We r thin in some spots. Bobby's teams before he left were pretty deep across the board. He will get us there again!

Back