• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Hits Keep Coming for the Cats….

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
What do you suppose Sixx said to that crowd?

"Hey, uh, it's good to be in...whereareweohya...Butte...tonight. We were hoping to bring, you know, some more football coaches along, but, uhh, they're uhhh...previously detained. Well anyhow, let's do this the bobcat way: Drink up, everybody!!!"

I like to picture him doing a cheesy Jay Leno-style routine. The “Have you seen this, have you heard about this” stuff. Something like:

“So, our staff voted on team captains last week. Did you see that, did you hear about that? Yeah, now I know why there were so many write-ins for Captain Morgan!” But I picture him doing it with the charisma and timing of a Trader Joe’s rice square.

:lol: :lol:

Raider said:
garizzalies said:
Oxymoron. Just about 10 days ago, one of those nuts gave us this gem:

You’re right tho…..it’s been crickets recently

Yeah, there are some moron cat posters on here, but in fairness, tell me how poorgriz was wrong. The cats have dominated us recently, and not just in football. He is not wrong, and I also don't see that changing anytime soon, based upon what I see on the field................which is exactly why these issues with their coaches will get swept under the rug.
Bit much for me. Hyperbole. Sure didn’t age well. Have you followed their bball issues too?
Irregardlessnessly, I think you might have missed the point. Bumping months old dead threads to talk shit on your rivals board, puffing out chest, and then they ALL disappear. Do I need to do the fart in the wind meme again?

garizzalies said:
Raider said:
Yeah, there are some moron cat posters on here, but in fairness, tell me how poorgriz was wrong. The cats have dominated us recently, and not just in football. He is not wrong, and I also don't see that changing anytime soon, based upon what I see on the field................which is exactly why these issues with their coaches will get swept under the rug.
Bit much for me. Hyperbole. Sure didn’t age well. Have you followed their bball issues too?
Irregardlessnessly, I think you might have missed the point. Bumping months old dead threads to talk shit on your rivals board, puffing out chest, and then they ALL disappear. Do I need to do the fart in the wind meme again?

Is this a serious question? Absolutely, you do.

4cc0a572-b516-4785-a65d-4f22e84e6d24_text.gif

grizfnz said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Ah but Princess Waded has the BOR wrapped around her little finger because she brings in the bucks and enrollment. It is time for the BOR to see the light and quit selling themselves out for enrollment and the almighty dollar. She is nothing more than a used car salesperson.
As far as the athletic department goes, Engstrom them. Fire the AD, HC, DC, OC and RB Coach effective immediately.

The BOR has an MSU majority along with the current Governor who donated $60 million to get his name on a building, Waded has nothing to worry about.
Just win Baby :thumb:

Sad, but true.

The same BOR who, 11 years ago(and different members)stood by and watched Engstrom all but destroy Griz Football(and nearly the entire University)on the pretext of being appaulled that the coach and AD had the audacity to state that the teams QB was a shining example of having the right stuff and being of good character, after being ACCUSED of rape. Subsequently ACQUITTED in under an hour by a jury of his 'peers.' Commissioner of Higher Education was the same guy we have today.

You know what really confuses me? The Bobcat’s statement that they refuse to comment due to “employee privacy laws.” What are these “employee privacy laws” in Montana that prohibit commenting on public employees’ alleged criminal actions that are of public record? Is there a statute saying that you cannot comment on a public employee’s alleged public crimes? Genuinely asking.

CDAGRIZ said:
You know what really confuses me? The Bobcat’s statement that they refuse to comment due to “employee privacy laws.” What are these “employee privacy laws” in Montana that prohibit commenting on public employees’ alleged criminal actions that are of public record? Is there a statute saying that you cannot comment on a public employee’s alleged public crimes? Genuinely asking.

Sounds like complete garbage to me. Their salaries are paid by Montana taxpayers.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sounds like complete garbage to me. Their salaries are paid by Montana taxpayers.

If you think employees surrender their rights because they work for a public institution, you're clueless.

uptopgriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

If you think employees surrender their rights because they work for a public institution, you're clueless.
It gives MSU admin something to hide behind.

When Brian Marso was arrested for his DUI while a GRIZ assistant BB coach, here’s the statement released by UM:

in a press release issued late Monday afternoon, O’Day said, “At this time we are investigating what took place Saturday morning. This matter is in the courts and we will continue to closely monitor the situation as it moves forward.“Both Coach Tinkle and I would be severely disappointed and concerned in Coach Marso’s apparent lack of judgment if these charges are proven. Our coaches and student athletes are held to high standards and we take that very seriously. It is an internal personnel matter and will be dealt with accordingly.”

Why would it be so difficult for msu to do something similar? If they actually care about anything beyond winning, that is

uptopgriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Ha ha ha. I've spent 30 years in a public institution and I've surrendered a bunch of my rights...

There are government transparency laws and FOIA requests that make public matters public. There is nothing sacred about it.

uptopgriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Can you please help us understand?
As the lone cat fan to post in weeks, maybe you can give us the bub-perspective on this issue? What does BM think of their chump coordinator duo? Do you want them suspended? Why hasn’t MSc commented? Thanks.

kemajic said:
uptopgriz said:
It gives MSU admin something to hide behind.

Agreed. If you are a public employee, and you commit crimes in public, I don’t think think it makes sense for your employer to refuse to comment based on unspecified “employment privacy laws”. Again, what are the laws? They can comment. They choose not to comment. #scumcats

https://www.montana.edu/policy/hr_policies/personnel_records.html
https://rules.mt.gov/gateway/RuleNo.asp?RN=2%2E21%2E6615

garizzalies said:
uptopgriz said:
Can you please help us understand?
As the lone cat fan to post in weeks, maybe you can give us the bub-perspective on this issue? What does BM think of their chump coordinator duo? Do you want them suspended? Why hasn’t MSc commented? Thanks.

Huh. Radio silence. What a shocker…..

For the life of me — literally no smack intended — I do not understand why msu cannot or will not release a statement saying something along the lines of “these allegations are serious and contrary to our mission at msu. We expect and demand the highest level of accountability from our coaching staff. Obviously we will allow the legal process to run its course, but we are gravely disappointed if the alleged actions by members of the bobcat staff have merit. For obvious reasons , the staff members involved in the alleged incidents have been placed on paid leave and will have no contact with the program until there is a final resolution”.

Shit. I should offer myself out as their PR rep. What they’re doing now (literally nothing except ignoring the problem) is doing substantial damage to their brand.

EverettGriz said:
For the life of me — literally no smack intended — I do not understand why msu cannot or will not release a statement saying something along the lines of “these allegations are serious and contrary to our mission at msu. We expect and demand the highest level of accountability from our coaching staff. Obviously we will allow the legal process to run its course, but we are gravely disappointed if the alleged actions by members of the bobcat staff have merit. For obvious reasons , the staff members involved in the alleged incidents have been placed on paid leave and will have no contact with the program until there is a final resolution”.

Shit. I should offer myself out as their PR rep. What they’re doing now (literally nothing except ignoring the problem) is doing substantial damage to their brand.
It's easy.

Housewright is their guy and they need him this season, so they'll keep quiet and bank on everyone losing interest, he'll plead no-contest in a few months to avoid a trial, and it'll get buried in a weekend headline before they ramp up the PR machine for the hopeful national championship run.

Back