• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Big Sky race so far...

retiredpopo said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
With our remaining schedule I think Montana has a legit shot at an outright conference title this year. Our schedule is very favorable down the stretch. Our toughest remaining games are Davis, Idaho, and MSU. Go Griz!
Beginning of the season I thought Idaho would give us trouble but after watching them I have no worries. Pretty nice when our toughest games are not all that tough.
UC-Davis has looked pretty damn good so far. They will be tough ... just glad the Griz have them at home.

North Dakota isn't a push over either, in particular they have an impressive run game. The overall Big Sky picture I could see playoff contenders in the following teams:

EWU: Eagles played their toughest FCS competition to date Saturday and got a good road win against MSU. Have 2 tough games left on their schedule vs Weber State and UC-Davis.

Montana: Outside of a hiccup at WIU we look to be coming together nicely on both sides of the ball. Need to clean up some things but feel we are for sure a playoff team. Toughest games left on our schedule are UND, UC-Davis and MSU.

WSU: Wildcats have bounced back nicely from their Week 1 Utah loss and have seemed to improve every week in particular on offense to compliment a strong defense. Might have the toughest remaining schedule since they have to play EWU, UND, Sac State and ISU.

UC-Davis: Aggies are proving that they are a legit team this season and are in a strong position for a playoff run. They do have a decently tough slate left vs ISU, Montana, EWU and Sac State.

MSU: The Bobcats are coming off a tough home loss vs Eastern Washington and as usual it's due to their struggles on offense. They are going to need more than just Troy Taylor if they hope to have a shot at the playoffs, toughest games remaining are against WSU, Idaho State and Montana.

Idaho State: The Bengals are coming off an impressive Home showing vs NAU, on the Offensive side of the ball at least this after upsetting a ranked UND. My dark horse pick for the playoffs they have a pretty tough slate left with UC-Davis, Liberty, MSU and Weber.

'68griz said:
Paytonlives said:
Griz will be probably be favored in all their games left except
UC Davis (Probably- Pick em at Home)

UM Schedule
at Poly
Home PSU
at North Dakota
Home UC Davis
at Southern Utah
at Idaho
Home msu

Not playing Weber or Eastern probably assures a game with one of them the opening game of the playoffs if the Griz get there.
Precisely what I said to my spouse earlier this evening.

You silver-tongued S.O.B., no wonder you get laid so often!

Back