• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Texas A&M tranfer to play for cats

I don't know how many schools across the country use their "spirit colors," whatever that means. The U of M's official colors are still copper, silver, and gold - meant to reflect our state's mining history. Kind of a cool thought, too bad those colors look more like puke and piss when thrown on a uniform. Whatever the fact, I think a school should be proud of their colors and not hide behind a marketing ploy to sell more gear..... of course, I don't get the budget report sitting on my desk either!

I'm not saying the Griz stole the colors from Washington State, but just saying they are very similiar colors. So Texas Gold is what the other color was then eh? That was a very unique color.

Actually Bozone, I believe that the crimson (maroon) and silver were the original colors of the University of Montana and that the copper, gold, and silver started back in the 60's or 70's. Does anyone else out there know the facts on the school colors. I could be wrong.

The copper colors were started by Coach Swarthout when he went to Texas to learn the option attack from Coach Royal. In 1968. The present colors were the original colors. All the old letterman sweaters and coats were maroon and silver.

The frizzies copied a high school team when they put in JohnnieTurf a few years back. Since a high school team had the surface first, it is obvious to me that they are just flat copying that team's idea...

Honestly, are some of you friz really that dense? Yup.

All the old letterman sweaters and coats were maroon and silver.

All of the old MSU letterman sweaters have a standard block "M" on them... just like the ones that adorn our helmets today.

Shouldn't the letters on your jackets, sweaters, and helmets be.......

SCAMA

State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts

And you guys laugh because we changed our colors once and then changed back.

Why didn't you keep your original name? I like it!

Go SCAMA! GO!

Shouldn't the letters on your jackets, sweaters, and helmets be.......

SCAMA

State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts

And you guys laugh because we changed our colors once and then changed back.

Why didn't you keep your original name? I like it!

Go SCAMA! GO!

Here, lil friz fans, is an example of a typically ignorant and uniformed remark from a typically ignorant and uninformed frizzy fan.

I don't know the number off hand, but I know there are at least three or four universities that have changed their name within the last year.

One example is Southwest Texas State University, who changed their name to: Texas State University... TSU has a proud 100+ year history in which they changed their school name seven times.

Under Griz logic, which is notoriously flawed, you would be left with no choice but to assume that universities like TSU, who have recently changed institution names, are simply copying MSU since we did it first.

You friz are so funny it makes me puke sometimes.

Holy crap Cat fans! When I said you knocked off Marshall for their helmets I was talking style not the same exact colors. Dang, at least it's better than your old uniforms, so I will give you that. And as far as being superior to the Griz and knocking them down, flip to your Sports Illustrated. You engineering guys should know your math well so until you win about another thirty games against the Griz, you will never have the tradition or following of UM.

And I think I pointed out that "copying" the style of their helmets wasn't exactly rocket science. In fact, I would bet that Marshall's helmets had exactly, um, NOTHING to do with the design of Montana State's helmets. I don't have any idea where anything in this thread made reference to the Bobcats being superior to the griz and knocking them down, so I don't know why you make it such a point to bring it up. I can only infer that you feel somewhat threatened if you are making off-the-cuff remarks about it, though. As far as numbers go, we still have three national championships while you guys are stuck at two. I can definitely count that. Not to mention that our teams are pretty much even over the last half-century.

Where were they doing that 16 year stomping the Griz gave them, huh? I think you might want to go back to high school to learn math, because it looks like they didnt cover that at MSU. Just so you know, a half-centery in not 2 years. :roll:

Grizfan20, did you put that number there as a representation of your IQ? I think you might want to go back to high school to learn your math... and while you're at it, why don't you go back to the 2nd grade to learn how to construct a proper sentence. I think I am perfectly aware that a half-century is not 2 years. As a matter of fact, I believe the friz own a 26-24 record over us in the last half-century, which would validate my claim that we are pretty much even over the last 50 years.

Seriously, are people really this stupid?!?!

See what I mean Bozone? It's amazing how contextually lacking most friz fans are... they'll use any stat, no matter what the circumstances were at the time.

They seem to forget that for a good long while at the beginning of the 20th century (that is the 1900s for those who are friz fans) the griz were in a higher division of athletics than the bobcats were... I would certainly hope that they would win most of the head to head matchups that happened during that era. Lets not also forget that almost the entire MSU team was wiped out during WWII... while I have no doubt that the sacrifice was worth it, and I am eternally greatful to that generation, it probably didn't help the strength of our football program.

Then there is this idiotic notion that MSU will never have the following that the Griz do... please... In the 70's and early 80's we had a bigger following than the griz. That is why we had to build an 18000 seat stadium, while the friz were playing on tilled mud. Then, by golly, montana's only billionaire playboy decides to grace the griz with a nice, new stadium. As a result the griz eventually became the better team and only then did all these "hardcore" griz fans start showing up at games... funny how that works. What is even funnier is that griz fans think that they deserve some sort of credit for this turn of events. Right! just like I should take credit for the 'Cats winning C/G the last two years.

And if the UM has such a huge, loyal following, where do they all go when bball season rolls around? I guess you guys aren't that hardcore, or what? MSU averaged more fans than UM this season and missoula is almost three times bigger than boz... What gives, where are all the hardcore griz fans?

Perhaps they are just hardcore football fans... not griz fans... I guess we'll see how good your numbers stack up after Booby locks up a few 6-5 seasons. My guess is that W/G will turn from a sea of Maroon to an empty concrete crater by the time King George and Booby get done over there.

Hell if King George keeps running things like it looks like he is, you guys will no doubt have the nicest stadium in all of Div. II football.

But hey, that could happen to any school given the right(wrong) leadership.

Relax Gavin. :eek: There are times when your blood pressure must reach dangerously excessive levels. :(

Chris or Triple-G: move this thread to the Smack Forum. It is mother's day, and the inevitable "ugly mother" insults are the only ones not yet used in this thread.

Gavin and Bozone... what puzzles me is why you continue to subject yourselves to the "idots and morons" on this board? Eh? :wink: There is a simple solution to it all..... unless your envy of the Grizzlies surpasses your frustration in dealing with Griz fans. :wink:

I agree this belongs on the smack forum... what started as an innocent post about a transfer went to me defending my signature, to an all out assault on MSU helmets, tradition, even institution name.

As far as me needing to relax goes, I appreciate the concern, and I seem to always get that remark after I give my two cents. Actually I remain quite calm while typing my posts... I guess my spite for frizzies must seem a little more visceral on the other end.

Gavin and Bozone... what puzzles me is why you continue to subject yourselves to the "idots and morons" on this board? Eh? There is a simple solution to it all..... unless your envy of the Grizzlies surpasses your frustration in dealing with Griz fans.

Actually, I come over here for the entertainment, it's like watching the crazy guy who spits nonsense on the streetcorner. I do not come over here because I wish I was a griz... If I wished I were a griz fan, I'd go buy a griz hat and I'd start rooting for the griz, duh. Isn't that what most of you people did when you jumped on the bandwagon? My envy for griz fans ends with the chilli at Dennis Washington stadium... damn that shit is good.

Bozocat, I see you managered to steal that joke about my IQ from CatGriz.com, good job. While your at it, learn your english too. There's nothing wrong with my sentences.
And to GD, how does having an awsome stadium make you a better team? You become one by how you play, not where you play. :roll:

GRIZFAN20 said:
Where were they doing that 16 year stomping the Griz gave them, huh? I think you might want to go back to high school to learn math, because it looks like they didnt cover that at MSU. Just so you know, a half-centery in not 2 years. :roll:

Um, I haven't been over to CatGriz.com in months, so I doubt I "stole" that joke from over there. Besides, it's not like it is the most original joke. I do know my English, and it is obvious that you do not. If people are making that joke to you on other sights, maybe it should tell you something... there is something wrong with your sentences.

"Where were they doing that 16 year stomping the Griz gave them, huh?" I am no genious, but I am pretty sure that sentence makes absolutely NO sense. I would assume you meant either, "Where were they DURING..." or "What were they doing during..." Either way, you manage to make yourself sound like an idiot, especially when you can't even recognize that this is not an intelligible sentence.

"Just so you know, a half-centery in not 2 years" I wasn't aware that a half-century IN not 2 years! Amazing!

As to your comments re: Gavin, I believe it is generally friz fans who harp about what a great team and program they have, and how awesome the stadium is. I don't see anywhere in any of Gavin's posts where he claimed that having an "awsome" stadium makes you a better team. In fact, I would venture to surmise that Gavin has the exact polar opposite opinion.

Please, 20, quit making idiotic posts like this until you are old enough to drive. Your posts are an embarrassment even for a friz fan.

golly, some serious haps here on egriz. all doing the out of in season. oh my. the intellect.

And if the UM has such a huge, loyal following, where do they all go when bball season rolls around? I guess you guys aren't that hardcore, or what? MSU averaged more fans than UM this season and missoula is almost three times bigger than boz... What gives, where are all the hardcore griz fans?

I am shocked. You guys are acting like children. We all know that you can not travel in the winter like you can in the summer for football games. And I will not fail to mention that a majority of our fans come from out of state to watch the games. Or how about the following in all 50 states. There is a bar in every one that hosts griz games. Torrey Pines anyone? Vegas baby. And I would even admit that I was going to come home for 2 games this year from Iraq. But I decided to show my loyalty to a friend and come home to be in his wedding. Because there is more to life than football....Yeah, beating the cats!!!

I do know my English, and it is obvious that you do not. If people are making that joke to you on other sights, maybe it should tell you something... there is something wrong with your sentences.

Bozo, I can't quite figure out what you're trying to say here. Are we talking scenery? Or, did you mean to say "sites?" Those who live in glass houses .......... :roll: !

Back