• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sulser transferring!

Zirg said:
Jesse said:
I heard that Sulser is off to Texas to play for the Longhorns in there burnt Montana orange unis. Lol. If true, thats kind of a win/win for him. If lightning strikes and he does play at that level great move on his part and if not he still gets two years of grad school paid and he gets a front row seat to SEC games. Heard this from a former teammate and roommate of his, but again it’s second hand so we shall see. Anyone else hear this?

He might THINK he can play for Texas and may have actually uttered some nonsense like that, but that only shows he's dillusional. He's good in the open field but never proved to be a reliable pass-catcher.
Maybe he can play for Texas. Let’s wish him the best.

Griz1 said:
Why do people think Sulser is not a huge loss? Every time he touched the ball it was exciting. Because a kid is subject to injuries doesn’t render him ineffective when he touches the ball. Believe me we will miss him. At least it is a position where we do have some depth. Best wishes to him and good luck in his football and professional career.

:thumb: Great kid from a great family…Best of luck, Gabe. Will always remember the 53 yard touchdown against Sac. State on your very first touch as a Griz. :

i'm real bummed that he's leaving. best of luck to him. the nonsensicrats of egriz espousing their expert views on his value (or perceived lack thereof) to the team is more of a bummer than him actually leaving. however, entirely expected. to suggest that his abilities won't be missed is absurd. truth is, he has ability and potential that are pretty elite and given a full healthy year i think he would be a very important and valuable part of the team. to run his performance and stats into the dirt because he sustained injuries is a dick move.

smarsh said:
i'm real bummed that he's leaving. best of luck to him. the nonsensicrats of egriz espousing their expert views on his value (or perceived lack thereof) to the team is more of a bummer than him actually leaving. however, entirely expected. to suggest that his abilities won't be missed is absurd. truth is, he has ability and potential that are pretty elite and given a full healthy year i think he would be a very important and valuable part of the team. to run his performance and stats into the dirt because he sustained injuries is a dick move.
Par for the course though, there are quite a lot of dicks who post on here.

smarsh said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Griz1 said:
zengriz said:
Griz1 said:
Why do people think Sulser is not a huge loss?

...he had 500 yards...
...total..combined...
...as in career...

... :roll: ...

Zen if you are going to sell the kid short at least get his stats correct.

He played in 21 games. Rushed for 165 yards. Received 414 yards. Punt returns 218 yard. Kick returns 115 yards. According to my math that’s 912 total combined yards. Tell me how many times he touched the ball and what was his average per touch in each of these categories.

Never mind I will do it for you. He rushed the ball 11 times for an average of 15 yards per carry. He received 35 passes for an average of 11.8 per reception. He returned punts 12 times for an average of 18.2 yards per punt return. He returned 4 kickoffs for an average of 28.8 per return. None of these numbers are in the definition of ineffective. They are awesome averages and we would take those averages from anyone. How many other Grizzlies have had these averages in their career? His problem was injuries. Had he remained healthy he would be in the record books IMO.

Thanks for doing this work. Like others, I had been struck by how low his production had been, when I read the article. Your stats help explain why many, including me, had such a high opinion of him. I loved his explosiveness and good speed. I also thought he was going after the ball better last fall and was making more tough and important catches. The ACL injuries were very unfortunate. I wish him luck and success, and it looks like he will have a bright future after football.

zengriz said:
Griz1 said:
Why do people think Sulser is not a huge loss?

...he had 500 yards...
...total..combined...
...as in career...

... :roll: ...

Not to mention his touches were going to obviously go to arguably our best offensive weapon for the next 3 years in Bergen.

I liked Sulser but in reality the guy just couldn't stay available. And if there's anything anyone should know about Hauck its that if you aren't available, you quickly fall out of his graces.

Also, people really need to get used to many kids leaving every year with the transfer portal. This is modern roster movement. He would probably do really well with the cats.

rgrizfan said:
smarsh said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumb:

smarsh said:

Not that it matters what I think....however, I believe this post is accurate and true....to say anything different is simply not the case............nothing but success to Gabe Sulser and the Griz from this fan. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
I’d love to see him down here in burnt orange. He’s fast enough for the B12.

i'm sure some will disagree, but based on his performance as seen on the tv or computer, he seems like a stronger, more fluid louie-mcgee. plays more goal-to-goal than sideline to sideline. he'll be ok at ut, according to my television analysis... but i thought he was headed straight to medical school, ergo the no redshirt?

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:

i'm sure some will disagree, but based on his performance as seen on the tv or computer, he seems like a stronger, more fluid louie-mcgee. plays more goal-to-goal than sideline to sideline. he'll be ok at ut, according to my television analysis... but i thought he was headed straight to medical school, ergo the no redshirt?
Has never been the case. Players don’t get to decide whether they redshirt or not.

Jesse said:
smarsh said:
Par for the course though, there are quite a lot of dicks who post on here.

Good to see, others agree with me. A few posters took offense to me pointing this out. I just called them jackasses. Lol

smarsh said:

What this dude said.

AZGrizFan said:

I had a relative at an MSU summer high school camp with sulser and Troy Andersen. I think sulser was a year behind Troy but he was still deemed fastest guy in the camp as judged by head to head sprints. Sulser has elite speed and is an intuitive athlete who is talented enough to play at the B12 level. Him and choate in burnt Montana orange. Lol Hope it happens for him but who knows he could end up anywhere.

Jesse said:
AZGrizFan said:

I had a relative at an MSU summer high school camp with sulser and Troy Andersen. I think sulser was a year behind Troy but he was still deemed fastest guy in the camp as judged by head to head sprints. Sulser has elite speed and is an intuitive athlete who is talented enough to play at the B12 level. Him and choate in burnt Montana orange. Lol Hope it happens for him but who knows he could end up anywhere.

I agree. Each year he was injured was a huge loss for the Griz. If he stays healthy I could see him being a player like Britain Covey was for Utah. Great return guy that also a big part of their offense especially in the screen game. He is a great kid and I am cheering for him.

I haven't posted in years, and only occasionally visit the board. I wanted to provide my two cents on the topic of the degrading of this site by a handful of posters. Mtgrizrule has been a great poster for years. He talks football, and refuses to engage in the B.S. which occurs here on a daily basis. He is right to bring up the dicks who have ruined any semblance of football discussion here. They know who they are, and they dominate the threads in shear number of posts, with almost none of them relevant to Griz football.

It is true that most of the good football posters have left the board. This site was a place where the legions of Griz fans who live across the nation could get info on Griz football. No longer. When 80% of the posts are made by a few posters, none of whom talk football, or even live in the state so that they could offer any real info on the team, you know what this site has become.

I believe the monitors have the ability to return the site to football talk, but it seems like the only monitor who participates now is Payton, and for some reason he allows these few posters to continue to ruin the site, while banning other posters who actually talked football.

The owner of this site can not be happy at the direction the site has taken, with fewer participants, and the loss of many former participants. This is my two cents. I do not expect things to change, because this site has experienced a slow but progressive slide for years.

Swilly2 said:
I haven't posted in years, and only occasionally visit the board. I wanted to provide my two cents on the topic of the degrading of this site by a handful of posters. Mtgrizrule has been a great poster for years. He talks football, and refuses to engage in the B.S. which occurs here on a daily basis. He is right to bring up the dicks who have ruined any semblance of football discussion here. They know who they are, and they dominate the threads in shear number of posts, with almost none of them relevant to Griz football.

It is true that most of the good football posters have left the board. This site was a place where the legions of Griz fans who live across the nation could get info on Griz football. No longer. When 80% of the posts are made by a few posters, none of whom talk football, or even live in the state so that they could offer any real info on the team, you know what this site has become.

I believe the monitors have the ability to return the site to football talk, but it seems like the only monitor who participates now is Payton, and for some reason he allows these few posters to continue to ruin the site, while banning other posters who actually talked football.

The owner of this site can not be happy at the direction the site has taken, with fewer participants, and the loss of many former participants. This is my two cents. I do not expect things to change, because this site has experienced a slow but progressive slide for years.

You haven’t posted in years, yet this is your first post? MGR, is this you?! :p

Back