• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt out

AZGrizFan said:
tourist said:
Lets be fair to Stitt. IMO, Delaney ran the Griz into the ground for three years, then passed what was left to Stitt. Yes, Engstrom has his fingerprints all over Griz football. Stitt did beat four time defending national champion NDSU in WGS during his first year. He took everyone in FCS by surprise in year one. After that....three years should be enough to show a turn around. He did not produce.
He should be used to a bus rolling over him by now. :lol:

Stitt’s biggest problem was he took elevated expectations into the freaking stratosphere by beating NDSU in game #1 of his tenure. There was literally no place to go but down from there. :lol:
This 100%.

Winning that game was literally the worst thing that could have happened for him (despite the fact that it's a wonderful memory I'll remember forever).

I've been pretty mad about losses before, but I can't remember a non-cat loss that made me more upset than losing that Cal Poly game. It was wonderful foreshadowing for the Stitt tenure, though.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Stitt’s biggest problem was he took elevated expectations into the freaking stratosphere by beating NDSU in game #1 of his tenure. There was literally no place to go but down from there. :lol:
This 100%.

Winning that game was literally the worst thing that could have happened for him (despite the fact that it's a wonderful memory I'll remember forever).

I've been pretty mad about losses before, but I can't remember a non-cat loss that made me more upset than losing that Cal Poly game. It was wonderful foreshadowing for the Stitt tenure, though.

I hear that. It's still pretty cool that we taint-smashed the Bizon on a platform probably twice the size of their next highest numbers. I have buddies, who are big CFB fans, who watched that game in my garage. They honestly refer to NoDak State as " Oh, that team Montana beat? I hear they're good at hockey, though." People remember what they remember, I suppose.

Glad to have BH, if we're on topic.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
This 100%.

Same. Wildest, craziest game I’ve ever personally attended. Ran into Stitt that night at Stocks and got a picture with him. We were ALL on cloud nine... :lol: and then 7 days later they laid the egg against Cal Poly and the die was cast.... :| :|

I'm a big fan of Bobby, but to be fair, Stitt is far from the only Griz coach to have a frustrating loss to Cal-Poly. I always found it confounding that we would have such trouble matching up with them and then CP would end up the year as a .500 team.:evil:

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
This 100%.

Same. Wildest, craziest game I’ve ever personally attended. Ran into Stitt that night at Stocks and got a picture with him. We were ALL on cloud nine... :lol: and then 7 days later they laid the egg against Cal Poly and the die was cast.... :| :|

Why bring up that Cal Poly loss? It can only end badly by dragging TG back into another thread.

MikeyGriz said:
I'm a big fan of Bobby, but to be fair, Stitt is far from the only Griz coach to have a frustrating loss to Cal-Poly. I always found it confounding that we would have such trouble matching up with them and then CP would end up the year as a .500 team.:evil:
Montana is 16-5 vs. CPSLO. Stitt was 0-2, both by one point.

horribilisfan8184 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Why bring up that Cal Poly loss? It can only end badly by dragging TG back into another thread.
lol who dragged TG back into the thread?

Well, now that he's here, I know he gets shit on a lot about that game, but if we count turnovers on failed 4th down conversions (which they kind of are), the Griz O had 7 turnovers that game.

What quarter did Wentz get knocked out of that game? I want to say I remember it being an ankle in the 3Q, but they all kind of run together.

I’m very hopeful that the corona virus will kill the oft-used phrase, thrown Under the bus. If something must die, make it this. In a slow, painful way.

Yes, I see the irony of throwing this phrase under the bus. :?

CDAGRIZ said:
What quarter did Wentz get knocked out of that game? I want to say I remember it being an ankle in the 3Q, but they all kind of run together.

with about 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

kemajic said:
MikeyGriz said:

hey, he beat the 'scats once, at least. :lol: :lol:

kemajic said:
MikeyGriz said:

well, at least your "i will quit contributing to all things university of montana if the coach i want isn't hired" was justified, right? because you have to be a really good supporter to threaten to pull all support if a coaching hire doesn't go your way.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
This 100%.

How often was his starting QB injured? In his offense, that sure didn't help.

argh! said:
kemajic said:

well, at least your "i will quit contributing to all things university of montana if the coach i want isn't hired" was justified, right? because you have to be a really good supporter to threaten to pull all support if a coaching hire doesn't go your way.

Always lurking, even when so immersed in 150 page non-football threads. Of course you can't even get your claim right. It was at the time we were hiring a new president; Bodnar was a candidate as were the typical cast of academic swamp rats. That comment was directed toward the BOR as I had no confidence they would do what really needed to be done. And I meant it; UM was headed into an abyss and if they were content to keep sliding, I have another alma mater to shift support toward. My prerogative. An outsider like Bodnar was the only hope. But you insisted we just needed another PhD professor that knew nothing about running a University, let alone one in trouble that needed business leadership. How could someone without even a PhD even be considered was your paraphrase. I celebrated when they surprised me and made the right move. It will be a few more years before we find out how well the mess can be salvaged.

However, that said, had there not been enough fortitude to cut ties with Stitt, I would be less of a Griz supporter than I am today. My prerogative. I celebrated when they made the right move, even if driven by vested and knowledgeable donors, which chapped your ass, since you were such a Engstrom and Stitt defender. I've earned the right to be passionate about Griz football. But you, with your level of vesting, appoint yourself the judge. Stitt's post UM accomplishments justify the decision in spades. I will claim to have a bit more college football and private sector experience and knowledge than you. Get over it; you've got China and COVID.

PhxGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
This 100%.

He exposed his QBs to D1 defenses without prioritizing the protection needed to keep them healthy. He may have gotten away with it in D2.

PhxGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
This 100%.

That tells you everything to know about his scouting recruiting and offense. A qb here or there happens. With his offense it wasn’t if it was when.

kemajic said:
argh! said:

Always lurking, even when so immersed in 150 page non-football threads. Of course you can't even get your claim right. It was at the time we were hiring a new president; Bodnar was a candidate as were the typical cast of academic swamp rats. That comment was directed toward the BOR as I had no confidence they would do what really needed to be done. And I meant it; UM was headed into an abyss and if they were content to keep sliding, I have another alma mater to shift support toward. My prerogative. An outsider like Bodnar was the only hope. But you insisted we just needed another PhD professor that knew nothing about running a University, let alone one in trouble that needed business leadership. How could someone without even a PhD even be considered was your paraphrase. I celebrated when they surprised me and made the right move. It will be a few more years before we find out how well the mess can be salvaged.

However, that said, had there not been enough fortitude to cut ties with Stitt, I would be less of a Griz supporter than I am today. My prerogative. I celebrated when they made the right move, even if driven by vested and knowledgeable donors, which chapped your ass, since you were such a Engstrom and Stitt defender. I've earned the right to be passionate about Griz football. But you, with your level of vesting, appoint yourself the judge. Stitt's post UM accomplishments justify the decision in spades. I will claim to have a bit more college football and private sector experience and knowledge than you. Get over it; you've got China and COVID.

this is not true. you based it on a football coach. also, i never supported stitt or engstrom, or called for a phd to be hired. also, i could certainly call out a lot more of your posts, which drip with hypocrisy, i.e. the ones complaining about politics in football threads. you are one of the worst for sticking political crap into such threads.

argh! said:
i could certainly call out a lot more of your posts, which drip with hypocrisy, i.e. the ones complaining about politics in football threads. you are one of the worst for sticking political crap into such threads.
Call away son. Says the man with 8000 posts on a Griz Football and the FCS forum with hardly any about football and loaded with political BS. My posts are 90% reactive; seldom proactive; I react to posts I agree with or disagree with. Do fact-checking. And they are more than 90% aligned to Griz Football and the FCS. You can't say the same. China and COVID.

Back