• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Statement from Jeremy Calhoun

ordigger said:
info said:
ordigger said:
info said:
Grew up in Helena until high school. The Vikings were the only team close to us, watched them every Sunday since their inception in the 60’s. Big fan, I try to go back to Minneapolis once a year for a game, hated the dome, love the new stadium. The only team I’m a bigger fan of is my alma mater. Griz season ticket holder since the early 90’s. I’m a retired educator after 40 years in Montana and Washington.

Denver is closer but I can understand cheering for the Vikings over the Broncos, lol

Broncos were not in the NFL when I started watching football in the early 60s.

Broncos actually started in 1960, Vikings in 1961. Im guessing you're eliminating Denver because then they were in AFL
Probably for the best; the Broncos were 39-97-4. :(

ordigger said:
info said:
ordigger said:
info said:
Grew up in Helena until high school. The Vikings were the only team close to us, watched them every Sunday since their inception in the 60’s. Big fan, I try to go back to Minneapolis once a year for a game, hated the dome, love the new stadium. The only team I’m a bigger fan of is my alma mater. Griz season ticket holder since the early 90’s. I’m a retired educator after 40 years in Montana and Washington.

Denver is closer but I can understand cheering for the Vikings over the Broncos, lol

Broncos were not in the NFL when I started watching football in the early 60s.

Broncos actually started in 1960, Vikings in 1961. Im guessing you're eliminating Denver because then they were in AFL

Yup. AFL was a non entity to us during that time.

Heard, on pretty good authority, that Calhoun had been told early in the season that a redshirt wasn't a possibility, he brought up the subject late (like maybe even on Friday before the Idaho game), and he didn't get into with Hauck (as I had heard previously). Could the basic conversation have been like this: Coach, I want to redshirt and not play the remaining games. Sorry, we told you at beginning of season that a redshirt was not possible. Okay. Are you coming with us to Idaho? Nope.

PlayerRep said:
Heard, on pretty good authority, that Calhoun had been told early in the season that a redshirt wasn't a possibility, he brought up the subject late (like maybe even on Friday before the Idaho game), and he didn't get into with Hauck (as I had heard previously). Could the basic conversation have been like this: Coach, I want to redshirt and not play the remaining games. Sorry, we told you at beginning of season that a redshirt was not possible. Okay. Are you coming with us to Idaho? Nope.

Well how the hell could we get 17 pages out of that!? Like 3 posts and the discussion would be over. That’s no fun.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

Well how the hell could we get 17 pages out of that!? Like 3 posts and the discussion would be over. That’s no fun.

I will show you how...

PR, I was told by a high-up supporter (he is also a Lawyer in Missoula) that Calhoun actually went to a position coach and said that he wanted a red shirt, and was wondering where he could get one. Hauck found out, and told him that only Stitt wore red, and kicked him off the team...

SACCAT66 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

I will show you how...

PR, I was told by a high-up supporter (he is also a Lawyer in Missoula) that Calhoun actually went to a position coach and said that he wanted a red shirt, and was wondering where he could get one. Hauck found out, and told him that only Stitt wore red, and kicked him off the team...

Well I guess we can be happy the coaches spoke to him directly and told him he was done, as opposed to MSUs new game of “Scholarship Radio Silence to 17 Year Olds”

HookedonGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

I will show you how...

Well I guess we can be happy the coaches spoke to him directly and told him he was done, as opposed to MSUs new game of “Scholarship Radio Silence to 17 Year Olds”

This has been covered...The coaches couldn't talk to him because the cellphone tower on Campus fell into the shit pond, and we couldn't get any signals..We told the kid upfront all the places he could buy a red shirt, but we had the call dropped in a tunnel...KEEP UP!!!

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I will show you how...

This has been covered...The coaches couldn't talk to him because the cellphone tower on Campus fell into the shit pond, and we couldn't get any signals..We told the kid upfront all the places he could buy a red shirt, but we had the call dropped in a tunnel...KEEP UP!!!

Yeah, but they had to run all the way across the field from the equipment shed to the SE enzone to get into the tunnel. That shows some intent.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
I will show you how...

Yeah, but they had to run all the way across the field from the equipment shed to the SE enzone to get into the tunnel. That shows some intent.

There are tunnels all over Campus actually, but only one Cell Tower. That is why the Business school at UM is so much better...

Ha Calhoun has just been followed by a certain MSU coach on Twitter. The coach that fans really “like.” Maybe it means nothing or... take it away Egriz

dayday said:
Ha Calhoun has just been followed by a certain MSU coach on Twitter. The coach that fans really “like.” Maybe it means nothing or... take it away Egriz
Nowhere to take it.

grizindabox said:
dayday said:

IFANSE

I don't even think that bringing up a fancy French term for killing babies will lift this to 17. :(

Ursa Major said:
grizindabox said:
dayday said:

IFANSE

I don't even think that bringing up a fancy French term for killing babies will lift this to 17. :(

The french term for killing babies is tuer des bébés...

SACCAT66 said:
Ursa Major said:
grizindabox said:
dayday said:

IFANSE

The french term for killing babies is tuer des bébés...

Great work Clouseau.

Back