• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Statement from Jeremy Calhoun

Spanky2 said:
Cats-I believe Bobby will build a team of the North Dakota State caliber. Yes, it will take him 3 or 4 more years, but in the meantime it will be good for our development to play a tough schedule. By that, I mean Big Sky tough. If we are going to start winning the conference again, we should look to play all of the strong teams.

Totally agree. And I’m of the opinion that your schedule next year will be big sky tough. I think if you perform well with the teams you face you could be legit. By the same token, if you’re something like 6-6 or 7-5, while I’m sure many of you will be disappointed, I don’t think it’s the end of the world and maybe even still a sign of improvement.

As you said I guess we won’t know until this time next year.

ilovethecats said:
Spanky2 said:
Cats-I believe Bobby will build a team of the North Dakota State caliber. Yes, it will take him 3 or 4 more years, but in the meantime it will be good for our development to play a tough schedule. By that, I mean Big Sky tough. If we are going to start winning the conference again, we should look to play all of the strong teams.

Totally agree. And I’m of the opinion that your schedule next year will be big sky tough. I think if you perform well with the teams you face you could be legit. By the same token, if you’re something like 6-6 or 7-5, while I’m sure many of you will be disappointed, I don’t think it’s the end of the world and maybe even still a sign of improvement.

As you said I guess we won’t know until this time next year.

Wow, thank you sooo much for lowering yourself and utilizing your superior knowledge to analyze our football team and schedule. Now kindly go back to slutcat nation and go fuck yourself.

Well now that wasn’t very neighborly. (Info alleges that he and his family witnessed a couple of bobcat players pissing in the north end zone and appearently is still pissed about it. He hasn’t identified the culprits yet, but I bet their jerseys had numbers on them because, well they were bobcat players who just played in a game in their uniforms, so we can still tack em down with a game program). I agree we might as well play a tough schedule if we want to improve, but could also get ugly before it gets pretty. :clap:

I just got through watching my Vikings look like shit on Monday night football so I’m a little pissed tonight. Sorry iltc. Dutch, mind your own business.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:
Merkleman said:
Won’t happen. Montana has to give permission. Bobby will tell him he is free to go anywhere he wants and if JC picks a big sky school he will renege on his word and prevent it from happening. Don’t believe it? Just ask me.

Ok. I'm asking you. How did BH prevent you from playing for the cats?
He can't take a lateral without graduating and getting into grad school in a program not offered at UM. Appears that's not close. He can only go down. Merkleman likes to attack BH, but that is a BSC rule; most conferences have the same. Moot point anyhow. He can go to CWU.

Due to ncaa rules, no FCS transfer, except a grad transfer, can go to another FCS school and play the next year, with permission from the former school's coach or not.

Again, apples and oranges. I am talking about a grad transfer. The Big Sky will allow a transfer form another Big Sky team when the player is a grad and enters into a program not offered at exit school unless the exit school objects. If the exit school objects you can then appeal it through the Big Sky. Good luck with that. Our appeal was filed last June. Still don’t know what the ruling is.

Oh and by the way how did Bobby circumvent the rule for his son? The only exception to that rule is a real hardship. We looked into that. It’s almost impossible to get. There are cases where a parent of a player had cancer and were denied because the parent already had cancer when the player enrolled.

When speaking to the NCAA I was givin the example that a family would need to show that do to an illness or some other unforeseen situation that the player would need to transfer closer to home so that they could help financially support the family. Simply moving closer to home to be near a sick parent wasn’t sufficient.

Merkleman said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:
Ok. I'm asking you. How did BH prevent you from playing for the cats?
He can't take a lateral without graduating and getting into grad school in a program not offered at UM. Appears that's not close. He can only go down. Merkleman likes to attack BH, but that is a BSC rule; most conferences have the same. Moot point anyhow. He can go to CWU.

Due to ncaa rules, no FCS transfer, except a grad transfer, can go to another FCS school and play the next year, with permission from the former school's coach or not.

Again, apples and oranges. I am talking about a grad transfer. The Big Sky will allow a transfer form another Big Sky team when the player is a grad and enters into a program not offered at exit school unless the exit school objects. If the exit school objects you can then appeal it through the Big Sky. Good luck with that. Our appeal was filed last June. Still don’t know what the ruling is.

Oh and by the way how did Bobby circumvent the rule for his son? The only exception to that rule is a real hardship. We looked into that. It’s almost impossible to get. There are cases where a parent of a player had cancer and were denied because the parent already had cancer when the player enrolled.

When speaking to the NCAA I was givin the example that a family would need to show that do to an illness or some other unforeseen situation that the player would need to transfer closer to home so that they could help financially support the family. Simply moving closer to home to be near a sick parent wasn’t sufficient.

This thread and the recent discussion is about Jeremy Calhoun. He is not a grad transfer.

PlayerRep said:
Merkleman said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:

This thread and the recent discussion is about Jeremy Calhoun. He is not a grad transfer.

A couple of things. I will admit I agree with you 100% if he doesn’t graduate. However the fact that he hasn’t graduate yet doesn’t mean he won’t prior to next school. Chris hadnt graduated when he left the team. He took additional courses through the first summer session to graduate
It is definitely to Bobby’s benefit if he does graduate and it’s a financial(bonus) benefit, which is why I assumed that he would be graduating

Lastly, I can admit when I am wrong. While I still disagree with how he was treated, it would be a huge gaffe on his part if he gave an ultimatum to BH and wasn’t going to graduate. Pretty much leaves him with nothing but bad options.

info said:
I just got through watching my Vikings look like shit on Monday night football so I’m a little pissed tonight. Sorry iltc. Dutch, mind your own business.

:lol:
All good.

The irony is I'm a diehard Vikes fan my entire life, originally from Maplewood Minnesota. The majority of my family all still lives there and many are season ticket holders. I try to get back for a game every couple years.

I was every bit as pissed last night and am still not taking it great today. But we fired our coordinator which is a nice step. Now if we could ever convince Spielman that the offensive line is in fact important...Cousins just might not look like the worst qb in football.

Hope you're doing better today.... ;)

ilovethecats said:
info said:

All good.

The irony is I'm a diehard Vikes fan my entire life, originally from Maplewood Minnesota. The majority of my family all still lives there and many are season ticket holders. I try to get back for a game every couple years.

I was every bit as pissed last night and am still not taking it great today. But we fired our coordinator which is a nice step. Now if we could ever convince Spielman that the offensive line is in fact important...Cousins just might not look like the worst qb in football.

Grew up in Helena until high school. The Vikings were the only team close to us, watched them every Sunday since their inception in the 60’s. Big fan, I try to go back to Minneapolis once a year for a game, hated the dome, love the new stadium. The only team I’m a bigger fan of is my alma mater. Griz season ticket holder since the early 90’s. I’m a retired educator after 40 years in Montana and Washington.

info said:
ilovethecats said:
info said:

All good.

Grew up in Helena until high school. The Vikings were the only team close to us, watched them every Sunday since their inception in the 60’s. Big fan, I try to go back to Minneapolis once a year for a game, hated the dome, love the new stadium. The only team I’m a bigger fan of is my alma mater. Griz season ticket holder since the early 90’s. I’m a retired educator after 40 years in Montana and Washington.

Denver is closer but I can understand cheering for the Vikings over the Broncos, lol

ordigger said:
info said:
ilovethecats said:
info said:

All good.

Denver is closer but I can understand cheering for the Vikings over the Broncos, lol

Broncos were not in the NFL when I started watching football in the early 60s.

info said:

I'm still pretending it didn't happen...I hate the fighting pete carroll's almost as much as the cowboys and giants...On another note, my 12 year old daughter asked for a new vikings jersey because she outgrew her other one!

AZDoc said:
info said:

I'm still pretending it didn't happen...I hate the fighting pete carroll's almost as much as the cowboys and giants...On another note, my 12 year old daughter asked for a new vikings jersey because she outgrew her other one!

Smart kid! :party:

ilovethecats said:
AZDoc said:
info said:

You bunch of whiny bitches...try being a Lions fan your whole life...You guys have no clue how bad it can really be...I went to school at UM (Golden Gopher) and had to go watch the queens kick the shit out of Detroit once a year, and that is when they had Sanders!!!

SACCAT66 said:
ilovethecats said:
AZDoc said:
info said:

You bunch of whiny bitches...try being a Lions fan your whole life...You guys have no clue how bad it can really be...I went to school at UM (Golden Gopher) and had to go watch the queens kick the shit out of Detroit once a year, and that is when they had Sanders!!!
Try being a lifelong 49er fan lately; impotent and then there was Kaepernick.... The NFL has disappeared for me. Go Griz!

SACCAT66 said:
ilovethecats said:
AZDoc said:
info said:

ya but every year you already know you're going to suck. there's no possibility of getting your hopes up and then having your heart ripped out in yet another nfc championship game. That must be nice... ;)

Raider said:
....I have you all beat in the misery category.

Carry on

ya but I've seen your team in a super bowl. I'm nearly 40 and have yet to see the vikes get there. but at least I can watch their four losses in the big game before I was born. :cry:

ilovethecats said:
Raider said:
....I have you all beat in the misery category.

Carry on

ya but I've seen your team in a super bowl. I'm nearly 40 and have yet to see the vikes get there. but at least I can watch their four losses in the big game before I was born. :cry:

Lions have only won ONE Playoff game in my LIFETIME!!!!

info said:
ordigger said:
info said:
ilovethecats said:
All good.

Broncos were not in the NFL when I started watching football in the early 60s.

Broncos actually started in 1960, Vikings in 1961. Im guessing you're eliminating Denver because then they were in AFL

Back