• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sports Illustrated Big Sky Conference Preview

All I’m saying is the cats had the 2nd hardest regular season schedule in all of FCS. Yes those opponents were hard but we played all of them away which made them much harder. I actually fully believe that if the cats had an easier schedule they would’ve gotten a higher seed and could’ve made a better run but in the end no one was beating SDSU.
The Cats were huge underachievers last year. They were loaded and blew out weaker teams but really only beat one good team Sac St. Griz beat Idaho, Cats, Furman, NDSU and Davis. Davis was turning point not Idaho. I think the Cats could be better this year but they lose games because of poor special teams (missed FG and blocked xtra points). being undisciplined (giving up FG before half to Griz after sack and roughing the kicker call) vs Griz and the inability to win close games. They don't throw the ball well enough to come from behind against good teams.

Are you saying the gris could’ve made a deep run because of their SOS?
I'm saying the GRIZ made a deep run because they were clealry the second best team in the fcs.

As for what could've happened in the 2022 season, I'm asking you. The GRIZ had a brutal schedule and got knocked out early in the playoffs. Your argument is that they would have made a deep run then, yes?

The Cats were huge underachievers last year. They were loaded and blew out weaker teams but really only beat one good team Sac St. Griz beat Idaho, Cats, Furman, NDSU and Davis. Davis was turning point not Idaho. I think the Cats could be better this year but they lose games because of poor special teams (missed FG and blocked xtra points). being undisciplined (giving up FG before half to Griz after sack and roughing the kicker call) vs Griz and the inability to win close games. They don't throw the ball well enough to come from behind against good teams.
No doubt the cats’ season was a disappointment. But Kautzman did great in the spring game and it seems like he got his problems fixes. Also most offensive screw ups were Chambers’ fault (trying to do too much or throwing ints). But I think with the new receiver and OC the cats are going to make strides in the passing game although when you have the best rushing attack you really don’t need to air it out much.

All I’m saying is the cats had the 2nd hardest regular season schedule in all of FCS. Yes those opponents were hard but we played all of them away which made them much harder. I actually fully believe that if the cats had an easier schedule they would’ve gotten a higher seed and could’ve made a better run but in the end no one was beating SDSU.
The only thing that made the schedule "hard" was playing SDSU on the road. The Griz played Idaho on the road and won. The Griz played UC Davis on the road and won. The Cats lost to Idaho on the road and did not look good in that game. (I would not mention how they looked because it doesn't really matter but you seem to care about it.)

The cats played like trash against the Griz and lost in an embarrassing fashion. A top team should play better than that, even on the road.

You got NDSU at home just like the Griz. The difference is you lost and the Griz won. And then you make the point that the Griz only won because of special teams. You lost because of special teams. Maybe they matter.

No doubt the cats’ season was a disappointment. But Kautzman did great in the spring game and it seems like he got his problems fixes. Also most offensive screw ups were Chambers’ fault (trying to do too much or throwing ints). But I think with the new receiver and OC the cats are going to make strides in the passing game although when you have the best rushing attack you really don’t need to air it out much.
Yeah, that 30 point loss the GRIZ was all on Cambers.

Wait....

I'm saying the GRIZ made a deep run because they were clealry the second best team in the fcs.

As for what could've happened in the 2022 season, I'm asking you. The GRIZ had a brutal schedule and got knocked out early in the playoffs. Your argument is that they would have made a deep run then, yes?
The 2022 gris barely made it in the playoffs. The schedule wasn’t that hard, it was a typical Big Sky schedule that exposed how the gris struggle against good teams away (Sac, Weber, Cats). You didn’t play SDSU like the cats did, your games before conference stuff was all super simple.

The 2022 gris barely made it in the playoffs. The schedule wasn’t that hard, it was a typical Big Sky schedule that exposed how the gris struggle against good teams away (Sac, Weber, Cats). You didn’t play SDSU like the cats did, your games before conference stuff was all super simple.
So when the Cats struggle it's because of the schedule but when the Griz struggle it's because they suck. Gotcha. Your lack of honest intellectual reasoning is showing.

So when the Cats struggle it's because of the schedule but when the Griz struggle it's because they suck. Gotcha. Your lack of honest intellectual reasoning is showing.
The difference was the cats played all of those games away and all games, besides gris, were very close. This gris had Idaho at home and lost and then lost away games to teams that were decent but not top teams. Cats lost to all top 7-8 teams whereas gris lost to teams that were first round exits.

The difference was the cats played all of those games away and all games, besides gris, were very close. This gris had Idaho at home and lost and then lost away games to teams that were decent but not top teams. Cats lost to all top 7-8 teams whereas gris lost to teams that were first round exits.
No the difference is when the Griz go 8-5, Griz fans admit that it was a crap year and things need to change. When the Cats go 8-4, y'all blame the schedule.

No the difference is when the Griz go 8-5, Griz fans admit that it was a crap year and things need to change. When the Cats go 8-4, y'all blame the schedule.
Cats had a great team that had previously gone to the semi finals multiple times in a row. The gris hadn’t had true success in a while.

Dude, excluding the sdsu game (which the bubs lost), the GRIZ schedule in 2022 was the same as the bubs' this year. As I surmised, your theory isn't really a theory. It's just complete bullshit to try to irrationally explain why the bubs were mediocre.

So Griz don't win without best player? Isn't that pretty much every team is every team sport? And guess what he is back. Punt or kick to him or kick it out of bounds. Pick your poison. Home field was earned. Cats had home field vs NDSU and lost. Cats could have had home field but lost 37-7 to Griz. I think the Cats are going to be tough this year and it will all come down to that game in Bozeman but don't weaken your argument with the Griz didn't earn it last year.
The Griz don’t win if none of their good players don’t play.

Monymony has 196 posts since his debut June 4. Despite prolonged, detailed answers/explanations to his posts, he continues to play the 'obtuse card.'

Monymony, my reply to your obtuseness is a quote from 'Blazing Saddles':
"Oh, blow it out your ass, Howard!"

bubcatz are preseason national champs! 😂
You’re playing all the hits today

Because losing to ALL the good teams doesn't help you. At all. Now, if you lost to one of them and beat the rest that would certainly play into it. Or even if you split and win two, and lose two, but the Cats losing to EVERY playoff team does not mean your schedule was so much harder.

giphy.gif

Back