• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some Good Basketball Going On ...

IdaGriz01 said:
Well, what do you know? Lipscomb, out of the Atlantic Sun, went into NC State and pulled off the upset. Not quite a buzzer-beater, but close enough. NC State had 1.7 sec left, but could not make the shot, so Lipscomb won 94-93 and are heading for New York and the NIT semifinals. One hell of a game.

Much better crowd than at the Texas game too.

Ida, are we going to have to have you sedated or something when college BB is over? I have a feeling withdrawls may be tough to handle.

cclarkblues said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Well, what do you know? Lipscomb, out of the Atlantic Sun, went into NC State and pulled off the upset. Not quite a buzzer-beater, but close enough. NC State had 1.7 sec left, but could not make the shot, so Lipscomb won 94-93 and are heading for New York and the NIT semifinals. One hell of a game.
Much better crowd than at the Texas game too.

Ida, are we going to have to have you sedated or something when college BB is over? I have a feeling withdrawals may be tough to handle.
Right about the crowd and the atmosphere. But then Texas is a football school, NC State is basketball.

As for withdrawal: Could be. ;)
Baseball and golf don't have the same excitement, and we don't follow the NBA. :lol: :lol:

Didn't we hear/read that Michigan could go into scoring funks? But that their defense would bail them out.

Right now, that formula is not working. Texas Tech has totally (and I mean totally ... 0 for 12) shut down the Michigan 3-point shooting and held field goals below 30%. Currently 41-24, with about 12 min left in the game.

IdaGriz01 said:
Didn't we hear/read that Michigan could go into scoring funks? But that their defense would bail them out.

Right now, that formula is not working. Texas Tech has totally (and I mean totally ... 0 for 12) shut down the Michigan 3-point shooting and held field goals below 30%. Currently 41-24, with about 12 min left in the game.

Texas Tech has a defense just as good, and a better offense.

Boiler Up! What a game last night. Almost choked, blowing that 18pt lead. Carson Edwards is a stud, always going 100% thru the screens to get open.

Anybody still think Tech would have been a better match in the opening round? lol....

edit: I find it freaking PRICELESS that Michigan went 1-20 from the floor on 3-point attempts, and the only make was by their walk-on former equipment manager in the final minute of the game. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I noticed Michigan got beat by 19, just like the Griz, and looked about as happy . Live by the '3,' die by the '3.'

IdaGriz01 said:
Oregon and Virginia tied, less than 6 min to go. GO DUCKS!

I was with you until I looked at my bracket and with three and a half minutes to go, I had to change my vote.

Two good games (possibly) going on right now. Michigan State jumped out to a big lead (doubling up LSU, 34-17, at one point), but the Tigers have cut the lead to 4 points early in the second half.

Meanwhile, Auburn leads North Carolina, 41-39 at the half.

Took a chance on our pick ... and it paid off. We felt like Kentucky had struggled a bit while Auburn seemed to be "on a roll." (Also, my father-in-law and some cousins graduated from Auburn. One cousin played BBall for them until an injury ended his career.)

Took OT, but "War Eagle!"

Wow! Another close, exciting game ... and another pick we got right. The numbers (NET, RPI, etc.) slightly favored Duke but, again, we thought Duke had struggled while Michigan State was also on a roll.

I picked 3 of the 4 Final Teams. North Carolina losing to Auburn screwed the 4th pick. Unfortunately, I had them winning it all. I will be pulling for there to be a 1st time champion. I like all 3 of Virginia, Auburn, and Texas Tech.

Duke really put a pretty bad team around Zion and the rest of the freshmen. No shooters, no depth, just hoping for Zion to do everything and it wasn't enough once they got to the tourney.

Back