• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed's gotta go, we can't win with him in

ordigger said:
MikeyGriz said:
pubcrawlers said:
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11153220/5b974f6d7bd2e30e30e23926

I was a fan of Gresch when he was a Griz. I felt like our QB position was set for the next 3 years, barring injury. He looks really good in this clip and he throws a great long ball, but notice how there aren't any overthrows, dropped passes, or missed blocks. Just like on YouTube, everything works out perfectly. After all, it is a highlight reel, they won't show bad plays.

So what you’re saying is if Sneed had a video done of his passing ability downfield, it would be a 42 second video? Lol

Correct, about 8x longer than a sex video of you and whatever you found to costar.

go4two said:
PlayerRep said:
greasewood said:
Dalton Sneed was 25 of 37 for 230 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions. He scrambled when needed, rushing 13 times for 50 yards. His fumble and two interceptions in the fourth quarter led to 21 UC Davis points.

Again, just for the record. His fumble was caused by a missed block, not his mistake. Yes, on pick when down 7 points. The last interception with 7 minutes to go, came when UM was down 42-21, I believe. Irrelevant.

For the record, I like Sneed, but on two of his picks, he immediately locked onto his receiver and the DB read his eyes. Also, when you don't throw down the field to keep the DBs honest, they tend to jump the short stuff.

On which picks?

go4two said:
CDAGRIZ said:
go4two said:
PlayerRep said:
Again, just for the record. His fumble was caused by a missed block, not his mistake. Yes, on pick when down 7 points. The last interception with 7 minutes to go, came when UM was down 42-21, I believe. Irrelevant.

For the record, I like Sneed, but on two of his picks, he immediately locked onto his receiver and the DB read his eyes. Also, when you don't throw down the field to keep the DBs honest, they tend to jump the short stuff.
Sneed has done a fantastic job with what Stitt left him. When he has time to throw, he does great. The 'locking onto receivers' myth ignores the fact that he is communicating with his receivers non-verbally. I guess some posters would just rather have a QB not communicate with his receivers at all.

Unfortunately, he's communicating with the opposing DB non-verbally as well.

You do realize that Davis plays almost exclusively man coverage, and d-backs look at their receivers and not the qb when in man coverage, especially in college?

Boscoe said:
AKGriz72 said:
He has some issues, but they are no where near as glaring as the rest of the team’s.

I would like me to see what he could do behind decent O line.

Even with a decent o-line opposing defenses would still cheat up and suffocate the short pass because defenses don't have to worry about double moves or vertical routes. We will be mediocre at best until we get a quarterback that can stretch defenses.

Maier threw short passes, and didn't complete as many longer passes as Sneed did. How does Maier get away with it, and UM doesn't?

You do realize that throwing longer passes requires better and longer pass protection, don't you?

grizindabox said:
ordigger said:
MikeyGriz said:
pubcrawlers said:
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11153220/5b974f6d7bd2e30e30e23926

I was a fan of Gresch when he was a Griz. I felt like our QB position was set for the next 3 years, barring injury. He looks really good in this clip and he throws a great long ball, but notice how there aren't any overthrows, dropped passes, or missed blocks. Just like on YouTube, everything works out perfectly. After all, it is a highlight reel, they won't show bad plays.

So what you’re saying is if Sneed had a video done of his passing ability downfield, it would be a 42 second video? Lol

Correct, about 8x longer than a sex video of you and whatever you found to costar.

True that! 42 seconds longer to be exact, because real men don’t need a video. In truth, my girlfriend is a part time model...lol.

My guess is your video is pushing 9 hours, and your partner is still looking.

ordigger said:
grizindabox said:
ordigger said:
MikeyGriz said:

True that! 42 seconds longer to be exact, because real men don’t need a video. In truth, my girlfriend is a part time model...lol.

She must have nice hands.

grizindabox said:
ordigger said:
grizindabox said:
ordigger said:

Wouldn’t know, it’s not the hands I look at.

You really should retire from trolling and smack talk. You suck at it. Lol

PlayerRep said:
Boscoe said:
AKGriz72 said:
He has some issues, but they are no where near as glaring as the rest of the team’s.

Even with a decent o-line opposing defenses would still cheat up and suffocate the short pass because defenses don't have to worry about double moves or vertical routes. We will be mediocre at best until we get a quarterback that can stretch defenses.

Maier threw short passes, and didn't complete as many longer passes as Sneed did. How does Maier get away with it, and UM doesn't?

You do realize that throwing longer passes requires better and longer pass protection, don't you?

Did you watch how our DBs played their receivers? They consistently played far off of the receivers because they had to account for double moves and vertical routes. That opened up underneath routes. Precisely my point in my previous post.

Yes, pass protection has been awful. But even when he has had enough time he has been inaccurate too often on longer passes.

ordigger said:
grizindabox said:
ordigger said:
grizindabox said:

Wouldn’t know, it’s not the hands I look at.

You really should retire from trolling and smack talk. You suck at it. Lol

All you see is the inside of a bag...bummer.

Sneed's gotta stay, we can't hope to develop a better QB behind this OL.

Without a line, no QB is going to be successful. Let him be the sacrificial lamb and take the hits for the rest of the year. What do we have to lose?

Boscoe said:
PlayerRep said:
Boscoe said:
AKGriz72 said:

Did you watch how our DBs played their receivers? They consistently played far off of the receivers because they had to account for double moves and vertical routes. That opened up underneath routes. Precisely my point in my previous post.

Yes, pass protection has been awful. But even when he has had enough time he has been inaccurate too often on longer passes.

I don't recall see Davis do hardly any double moves or vertical routes. The Davis qb missed a couple of longer throws. While Maier is a terrific qb and very accurate, he also missed throws. And, in this game, Sneed completed more passes down the field and had more longer completions. Maier's longest completion was 27 yards. The longest reception of the stud receiver no. 3, Doss, was 13 yards.

Maier had 24 completions under 10 yards.

Sneed had 16.

Back