• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed's gotta go, we can't win with him in

BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
greasewood said:
Dalton Sneed was 25 of 37 for 230 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions. He scrambled when needed, rushing 13 times for 50 yards. His fumble and two interceptions in the fourth quarter led to 21 UC Davis points.

Again, just for the record. His fumble was caused by a missed block, not his mistake. Yes, on pick when down 7 points. The last interception with 7 minutes to go, came when UM was down 42-21, I believe. Irrelevant.

Beginning of the year were talking about Sneed being the BigSky newcomer of the year, he was putting up insane numbers. At times hes looked like the best offensive weapon in the conference...and now people are bringing up him fumbling because of o lineman getting destroyed?? A majority of his errors are because hes trying to carry this team on his back.

Any other QB would be in a wheelchair with this O line.

I agree. He's far from perfect, but he's a gamer with good talent. Again, I'm good with whatever the coaches decide.

PlayerRep said:
greasewood said:
Dalton Sneed was 25 of 37 for 230 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions. He scrambled when needed, rushing 13 times for 50 yards. His fumble and two interceptions in the fourth quarter led to 21 UC Davis points.

Again, just for the record. His fumble was caused by a missed block, not his mistake. Yes, on pick when down 7 points. The last interception with 7 minutes to go, came when UM was down 42-21, I believe. Irrelevant.

For the record, I like Sneed, but on two of his picks, he immediately locked onto his receiver and the DB read his eyes. Also, when you don't throw down the field to keep the DBs honest, they tend to jump the short stuff.

go4two said:
PlayerRep said:
greasewood said:

For the record, I like Sneed, but on two of his picks, he immediately locked onto his receiver and the DB read his eyes. Also, when you don't throw down the field to keep the DBs honest, they tend to jump the short stuff.
Sneed has done a fantastic job with what Stitt left him. When he has time to throw, he does great. The 'locking onto receivers' myth ignores the fact that he is communicating with his receivers non-verbally. I guess some posters would just rather have a QB not communicate with his receivers at all.

He has some issues, but they are no where near as glaring as the rest of the team’s.

I would like me to see what he could do behind decent O line.

AKGriz72 said:
He has some issues, but they are no where near as glaring as the rest of the team’s.

I would like me to see what he could do behind decent O line.

Even with a decent o-line opposing defenses would still cheat up and suffocate the short pass because defenses don't have to worry about double moves or vertical routes. We will be mediocre at best until we get a quarterback that can stretch defenses.

CDAGRIZ said:
go4two said:
PlayerRep said:
greasewood said:

Sneed has done a fantastic job with what Stitt left him. When he has time to throw, he does great. The 'locking onto receivers' myth ignores the fact that he is communicating with his receivers non-verbally. I guess some posters would just rather have a QB not communicate with his receivers at all.

Unfortunately, he's communicating with the opposing DB non-verbally as well.

Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
pubcrawlers said:
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11153220/5b974f6d7bd2e30e30e23926

Get over it, the dude is gone and ain't coming back.

Who said he was?

You are right. Let's all keep hanging our heads and wishing GJ was still in Missoula. Let's all keep posting videos and pining over him. Think we can keep it up for the next several seasons? I think some can...are you going to be one of them?

grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
pubcrawlers said:

Who said he was?

You are right. Let's all keep hanging our heads and wishing GJ was still in Missoula. Let's all keep posting videos and pining over him. Think we can keep it up for the next several seasons? I think some can...are you going to be one of them?

If it irritates you, I just might.

Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:

Who said he was?

If it irritates you, I just might.

Excellent. I expect you to start a thread every week until GJ uses up all his college eligibility.

CDAGRIZ said:
go4two said:
PlayerRep said:
greasewood said:

While I respect your opinion on last years coach, that is all water under the bridge. Just like wishing Jensen was was still here. We have what we have. In all our losses if we took care of the ball we win at least half of the games we lost, maybe more. Get rid of the majority of the fumbles, interceptions and blocked punts and we are still looking at the playoffs.

Go Griz

Gresch grievers: "if you love your quarterback, set him free. If he comes back to you, he's yours. If he signs with the Cats, he never was." - Nelson Mandela

PR, maybe you and the coaches should just get a room already.

CDA, if you don't already have Halloween plans, we could go as Meter Maid and Shitty Citation Giver...

Point to ponder: is it too much of a stretch to suggest that this could be our "even the score" season in the community? Think about it. Bobby comes back, attacked and criticized for posts made by a couple of idiots on eGriz. Griz Nation gets accused of supporting Bobby because we care about winning games above the safety of women.
Fast forward to today: Bobby is the target of the majority of negative remarks on eGriz. Griz Nation can't even remember what "winning games" means. Bobby is the ultimate underdog, which is who the people originally criticizing him tend to support. See? Full circle.

Man, I can't wait till Griz Magic is back with Bobby Ball 2019!! #RTD!

pubcrawlers said:

I was a fan of Gresch when he was a Griz. I felt like our QB position was set for the next 3 years, barring injury. He looks really good in this clip and he throws a great long ball, but notice how there aren't any overthrows, dropped passes, or missed blocks. Just like on YouTube, everything works out perfectly. After all, it is a highlight reel, they won't show bad plays.

GGNez said:
Gresch grievers: "if you love your quarterback, set him free. If he comes back to you, he's yours. If he signs with the Cats, he never was." - Nelson Mandela

CDA, if you don't already have Halloween plans, we could go as Meter Maid and Shitty Citation Giver...

Point to ponder: is it too much of a stretch to suggest that this could be our "even the score" season in the community? Think about it. Bobby comes back, attacked and criticized for posts made by a couple of idiots on eGriz. Griz Nation gets accused of supporting Bobby because we care about winning games above the safety of women.
Fast forward to today: Bobby is the target of the majority of negative remarks on eGriz. Griz Nation can't even remember what "winning games" means. Bobby is the ultimate underdog, which is who the people originally criticizing him tend to support. See? Full circle.

i don't think bobby is the target of the majority of negative remarks on egriz. it is the 'bobby is gawd and will instill swagger in the team, which stitt decimated ruined and destroyed, all in three seasons' types who are being mocked.

ahem.

argh! said:
GGNez said:

i don't think bobby is the target of the majority of negative remarks on egriz. it is the 'bobby is gawd and will instill swagger in the team, which stitt decimated ruined and destroyed, all in three seasons' types who are being mocked.

ahem.

I think you are onto something

MikeyGriz said:
pubcrawlers said:

I was a fan of Gresch when he was a Griz. I felt like our QB position was set for the next 3 years, barring injury. He looks really good in this clip and he throws a great long ball, but notice how there aren't any overthrows, dropped passes, or missed blocks. Just like on YouTube, everything works out perfectly. After all, it is a highlight reel, they won't show bad plays.

So what you’re saying is if Sneed had a video done of his passing ability downfield, it would be a 42 second video? Lol

Back