• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SNEED... THOUGHTS?

griz_nation406

By far one of the best qbs in Griz history. Seems like a real good dude on and off the field. I think he'll do wonders for the team this year. Now lets hope that our OL can give him some time to throw some bullets to the receivers.

Can't really agree with this claim. Regardless of not having OL help( witch I agree). He has not shown abilities to me to be considered one of the greats. To that end he has not even shown me that he is better than Gresch. Hope he has a good year with a better OL this year and moves into the great category with the likes of DD and Ah Yat.

Go griz!

One of the best QBs in Griz history? He will need to prove that this year. Haven't seen it (one of the best) yet.

With that said, I don't doubt that he could have a phenomenal season and one that fans will be talking about for a long time.

I just suffered through the painful experience of re-watching cat/griz the other day. I believe Sneed really might be one of our best QB's he threw some dimes under real pressure. He scrambled and made mostly all really good decisions. Gresch was really good but I would take Sneed. He's going to get us a couple extra wins with his excellent cool head.

Last year I saw the "POTENTIAL" to possibly be a great QB. He is a very good scrambler and great runner however! I will enjoy this year seeing what he can do with this revamped O-Line. If he looks to run before looking to pass, then he and the Griz will have a long season.
He for sure has the receiver corp to throw for a lot of yardage.

grizzliesthetics said:
Can't really agree with this claim. Regardless of not having OL help( witch I agree). He has not shown abilities to me to be considered one of the greats. To that end he has not even shown me that he is better than Gresch. Hope he has a good year with a better OL this year and moves into the great category with the likes of DD and Ah Yat.

Go griz!

Gresch was a very fine young QB but to be honest if he would had played behind that young and inexperienced line he wouldn't have lasted the season. Sneed made plays with his feet that Gresch would not have been capable of making. It is always hard to say "greatest ever" but he had a very good year when you consider all things. This year the O Line will be much better, the running game will be better, the receivers are an awesome group and in my opinion that will help him have a monster year. After this year then you can compare him to past QBs. PS I think Humphrey is pretty good QB also.

wbtfg said:
griz_nation406 said:
By far one of the best qbs in Griz history.

Pump the brakes Mr. Sneed.

Haha! My phone doesn’t show date joined. I saw the maroon username I thought he’d been around for years.

Pretty sure this would be a Cat or Eag troll, though. No parent of a DI RS senior is posting this kind of thing.

grizzliesthetics said:

Go griz!
Jensen is considerably less mobile than Sneed and likely wouldn't have lasted two games last year with our lack of protection. Sneed carried the understaffed team last year; unlike Jensen, played hurt and produced; leading rusher, 22 TDs passing and 6 rushing, only 7 picks. 63 % compl. All better stats than Jensen. I expect a Craig Ochs final year from him and believe you will be eating those words Mr. green hat.

kemajic said:
grizzliesthetics said:

Go griz!
Jensen is considerably less mobile than Sneed and likely wouldn't have lasted two games last year with our lack of protection. Sneed carried the understaffed team last year; unlike Jensen, played hurt and produced; leading rusher, 22 TDs passing and 6 rushing, only 7 picks. 63 % compl. All better stats than Jensen. I expect a Craig Ochs final year from him and believe you will be eating those words Mr. green hat.

I hope your right.

so now a qb who was a freshman all-american with a (per egriz) crappy line, one who was pretty athletic and who could throw the long ball, opening up the field, never would have made it to third down in the first game? thank gawd for sneed and his nfl-level arm combined with his nfl-running back level skills!

gotta love egriz, a bastion of rationality.

If the o-line holds up, Snned will be one of the top 2 quarterbacks in the BSC. He and Maier from UCD! No doubt about it! Especially with weapons he has and the running game!

grizzliesthetics said:

Go griz!

He was much better than Jensen last year.

argh! said:
so now a qb who was a freshman all-american with a (per egriz) crappy line, one who was pretty athletic and who could throw the long ball, opening up the field, never would have made it to third down in the first game? thank gawd for sneed and his nfl-level arm combined with his nfl-running back level skills!

The o-line was decent Jensen's year. Sneed was far better than Jensen. Sneed's stats last year were way better than Jensen's the prior year, and Jensen's at the JC. If the Texas St message board can believed, it doesn't look like Jensen has been running with the ones as much as the other guy, whom I believe was the young holdover from last year.

Some of you just have your story (even tho wrong), and you're sticking to it.

Sam was a hell of a golfer... 82 PGA wins and 7 majors....

Oh. And our QB is just fine. Very excited to watch him this year.

Okay, you seem like nice people so I'm gonna help you out. The opening statement was about Sneed and that he is "by far one of the best QB's in Griz history.". Now, getting around the fact that this statement is awkward in that "by far" implies distance from others and "one of" implies that he is in a group of others. It became, to no one's surprise, a who's better between Sneed and Jensen.

It's not an apples to apples comparison it's more like apples to dixie cups. It's completely irrelevant to the question. In reality at this point neither QB is even in the conversation for all-time greats and Jensen never will be.

1. Dave Dickenson
2. Brian Ah Yat
3. Craig Ochs
4. Cole Berquist
5. Jordan Johnson
6. Drew Miller
7. Grady Bennett
8. Brad Lebo
9. Brent Pease
10. John Edwards

* List only goes back as far as Saskgriz's memory, which is getting shorter by the day.

This list can be debated but it's correct. ;)

argh! said:

I know...I totally get the Gresch hype train...dude is a #1 and has beat out [looks at notes] nevermind.

SaskGriz said:
Okay, you seem like nice people so I'm gonna help you out. The opening statement was about Sneed and that he is "by far one of the best QB's in Griz history.". Now, getting around the fact that this statement is awkward in that "by far" implies distance from others and "one of" implies that he is in a group of others. It became, to no one's surprise, a who's better between Sneed and Jensen.

It's not an apples to apples comparison it's more like apples to dixie cups. It's completely irrelevant to the question. In reality at this point neither QB is even in the conversation for all-time greats and Jensen never will be.

1. Dave Dickenson
2. Brian Ah Yat
3. Craig Ochs
4. Cole Berquist
5. Jordan Johnson
6. Drew Miller
7. Grady Bennett
8. Brad Lebo
9. Brent Pease
10. John Edwards

* List only goes back as far as Saskgriz's memory, which is getting shorter by the day.

This list can be debated but it's correct. ;)

Just looking at the talent of the QB, (excluding talent level of the team, system in which they played, etc) I would argue Drew Miller needs to move up two spots. I think Cole might be the most underrated QB of the Griz in the past 30 years+ and definitely belongs high on this list, but I would put Drew above Cole and right behind Craig and Brian. He had an incredible amount or arm talent.

As to Sneed...I think he could move into the conversation of top 10 if he has as great a year as we are hoping. He was put in a tough spot last year and lead the team very well. If the offense is more dynamic due to the Oline improving, this team could put up some big numbers on the scoreboard. It is a little early to say by far one of the best IMHO. I need to see how this season develops.

Latest posts

Back