• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BOTH Semis Thread

NAU has a great blend of pace and low post play. Ladies need to get this back to a 1 score game fast

LG fought damn hard, dug themselves in a hole early but battled back. Bummer to see a solid season end this way. They got things firing again for a bit but in the end they just missed too many looks from 3. 9 makes on 32 attempts. Drain a few more of those and this is a game. They're 38% on the season - just hit that average and they've got 9 more points on the board.

Feels like the ladies are trending in the right direction but hurts to see Maggie, Gina, and especially Carmen depart. Damn.

Interesting that my cousin, an MSU alum, was down as the women lost White and Bad Bear. Then when they lost their best player to injury, he was really down. They then get the #4 and go as far as the Griz. He is pleasantly surprised. You can look at the Lady Griz the same way or be disappointed as they were more mature. Hate the “live by the 3, die by the 3”. That is just my opinion/preference.

LG fought damn hard, dug themselves in a hole early but battled back. Bummer to see a solid season end this way. They got things firing again for a bit but in the end they just missed too many looks from 3. 9 makes on 32 attempts. Drain a few more of those and this is a game. They're 38% on the season - just hit that average and they've got 9 more points on the board.

Feels like the ladies are trending in the right direction but hurts to see Maggie, Gina, and especially Carmen depart. Damn.
Still the potential for a postseason tournament. As I mentioned a while back, the NCAA added a 32-team WBIT this season in addition to the NCAA tournament and WNIT. Given the WBIT is governed by the NCAA, I believe it will take precedence over the 48-team WNIT. That’s 148 postseason spots and with the Griz top-100 in the NET I’d say they deserve a slot.

Lady Griz will be fairly young next season. Should have 2-3 scholarships open for the portal. I think a good big should be a priority.

Tough loss to a good NAU squad. Agree with OregonStateFan that we will be considered for a postseason tourney. All an all a great season. Program has really been put on an upward trajectory. Word has spread that the team culture is top notch. Players are extremely happy and that is being spread to the AAU programs which will help coach continue his quality recruiting. I have no doubt he will be looking for a couple high quality players in the portal to compliment the returning roster. I'm guessing an athletic big is a top priority.

Still the potential for a postseason tournament. As I mentioned a while back, the NCAA added a 32-team WBIT this season in addition to the NCAA tournament and WNIT. Given the WBIT is governed by the NCAA, I believe it will take precedence over the 48-team WNIT. That’s 148 postseason spots and with the Griz top-100 in the NET I’d say they deserve a slot.

Lady Griz will be fairly young next season. Should have 2-3 scholarships open for the portal. I think a good big should be a priority.

They may be offered a chance at one of those post season tournaments, but they have turned them down before.

Puddie tats ran out to a good lead, but mostly gave it back ... halftime 43-38. Barely hanging on now.

Puddie tats ran out to a good lead, but mostly gave it back ... halftime 43-38. Barely hanging on now.
MSU finally did hang on to win, 74-71. When the Griz take care of business later tonight, we get to have an all-Montana final. I know, "don't count your chickens" ... but we can hope.

Looks like an all Montana final. Cannot believe the Cats went this far after losing 78% of their scoring with the coaching change. Coach Logie has done an outstanding job with what he inherited and put together. Don’t think they can prevail in the final with the Griz. Will be a good game.

Back