• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ryan Kessman BYU Transfer flying in Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrizBear said:
Kadeezy said:
BEWARE OF THIS KID AND HIS DAD!!!! CHECK OUT THESE TWO THREADS FROM OUR MESSAGE BOARD.

http://hornets.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35

http://hornets.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59

Kid is a ball of trouble it sounds like...

There is almost nothing in those threads that speaks to character. Sour grapes it sounds like...
I'm sure Sac State is a fine university but your football program blows. Winning Big Sky championships and competing in the playoffs makes the winters seem almost balmy.

Balmy?
sf_031207_1.jpg

PlayerRep said:
Dallas, thanks for the good information. Missoula is a great town and Montana has a great football program and nice stadium and atmosphere. Lots of immediate room at receiver and running back--due to departures. Two of top 3 receivers graduate, and really 3 of top 4 are gone--as one receiver, a UW transfer, was hurt and didn't play last fall. Top rb's graduate--meaning 3 of top 4 have departed.

Trivia for you: Ben Olsen was born in Missoula.

Prior BYU transfers: Drew Miller, qb, and Dan DeCoite, lb. Miller became a first-team all-american. A receiver/returner committed to transfer a number of years ago, but never came.

I thought that Westbrook transfered to UM from BYU. maybe i'm wrong... no matter how he got here he was a dissapointment.

GrizMania said:
PlayerRep said:
Dallas, thanks for the good information. Missoula is a great town and Montana has a great football program and nice stadium and atmosphere. Lots of immediate room at receiver and running back--due to departures. Two of top 3 receivers graduate, and really 3 of top 4 are gone--as one receiver, a UW transfer, was hurt and didn't play last fall. Top rb's graduate--meaning 3 of top 4 have departed.

Trivia for you: Ben Olsen was born in Missoula.

Prior BYU transfers: Drew Miller, qb, and Dan DeCoite, lb. Miller became a first-team all-american. A receiver/returner committed to transfer a number of years ago, but never came.

I thought that Westbrook transfered to UM from BYU. maybe i'm wrong... no matter how he got here he was a dissapointment.

He did, he played HS ball with Drew Miller and Mike Rigel, who both came to UM, Rigel went to a JC from there. Apparently Norm Chow (BYU OC at the time) couldn't get much out of Westbrook either.

I like his all-business style of running. In the videos, he didn't celebrate excessively after TD's. He really gooes after it.

Mavman said:
Don't worry about the weather with these recruits, hell the bobcats just had like 5000 texas kids come for a visit and like 1800 of them have commited. Ok slight exaggeration but Texas vs bozeman weather you get the point!

Yeah, but their other option was to finish high school.

TheBud said:
I like his all-business style of running. In the videos, he didn't celebrate excessively after TD's. He really gooes after it.

Same here; as it was normal for him to be in the end zone; not unusual. Get used to the routine....

This kid is a stud and would be awesome in a GRIZ uniform. I could give a rats ass how involved his dad gets. Not my problem. Tell him to yell, we like to get loud around here.

kemajic said:
Mavman said:
Don't worry about the weather with these recruits, hell the bobcats just had like 5000 texas kids come for a visit and like 1800 of them have commited. Ok slight exaggeration but Texas vs bozeman weather you get the point!

Yeah, but their other option was to finish high school.

Ya, but even with a "Sold Out Stadium" these Texaforinian players will only be playing in front of less than half as many butt's in the seats as they are used to!
The :laugh: kitty AD department always estimates that there are twice as many people at the game than all the season ticket holders and twice as many "pepsi zonedouts" as they actually sold tickets for!

Big One 25 said:
This kid is a stud and would be awesome in a GRIZ uniform. I could give a rats ass how involved his dad gets. Not my problem. Tell him to yell, we like to get loud around here.

As long as his Dad can keep him from visiting drug houses in the middle of the night, I say give the kid a chance...

Bozgriz said:
Big One 25 said:

As long as his Dad can keep him from visiting drug houses in the middle of the night, I say give the kid a chance...
easy: dont let them hang around bear axed :twocents:

After watching RK's hightlight links here are some thoughts.

Granted it's a highlight reel.

On KO and PR he doesn't seem to juke and jive too much, he pickes a seem and accelerates through it. When he does this he doesn't get caught from behind and can take it the distance from any point on the field. Granted it's highschool footbal and he is clearly one of the best players in that division.

He catches the ball with his hands and not his body. He is physical and seems to enjoy blocking and is pretty good at it in the few clips they had.

He also seems to have good vision and runs nasty with some power if he has to.

What I noticed in the first video was his balance, power, and separation (Speed). With Dan Moore in the back field, I think this guy in the slot WR spot would pose some big problems for teams. We need a receiver that can juke, run over people, and run away from people. Granted, in college the speed may be the biggest attribute that is closed in terms of skills. No matter what I am excited to learn the outcome of Ryan. We could use his athleticism on our roster.

Proctor had a commitment from the Y under Edwards then Crowton pulled it when he became coach. Interesting note on McMahon under Edwards. He gave him a long leash and turned his head when others would tattle on him for drinking beer. LaVell knew how to handle non mormons and keep them out of the spotlight. He would have a hard time ignoring it today.

Question about the statement at Sac that RK had "six units" and would need 18 more by fall. That sounds like he wasn't making "progress toward graduation" at BYU -- should have passed at least 12 credits at 2.0 or something, and if he has 18 credits to make up by fall, he'll be going to summer school to be eligible in the fall.

LakeGriz said:
Question about the statement at Sac that RK had "six units" and would need 18 more by fall. That sounds like he wasn't making "progress toward graduation" at BYU -- should have passed at least 12 credits at 2.0 or something, and if he has 18 credits to make up by fall, he'll be going to summer school to be eligible in the fall.

Theoretically you could make up 18 credits in the spring semester.

Ryan withdrew from BYU mid semester. He needed 6 units per NCAA requirements to transfer. Ryan took them at BYU online. He is taking 15 units in spring and 3 units in the summer. Ryan will be there next Tuesday to start conditioning. Ryan will be driving back to Montana tomorrow afternoon. There ya go he is officially a Grizz!!!!

Dallas said:
Ryan withdrew from BYU mid semester. He needed 6 units per NCAA requirements to transfer. Ryan took them at BYU online. He is taking 15 units in spring and 3 units in the summer. Ryan will be there next Tuesday to start conditioning. Ryan will be driving back to Montana tomorrow afternoon. There ya go he is officially a Grizz!!!!

Hope you are right. :dance:

Well, theoretically, he probably could take 20 credits. But let's get real. He only drags 6 credits with him on the transfer, so you think you'll see your theoretically become reality? Hardly, when there's also spring practice, which is No. 1 priority. I doubt he'll take much more than 12 credits -- enough to be a full time student -- and have to pick up the rest in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back