• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ryan Kessman BYU Transfer flying in Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the coach let them see what can keep them warm in the long cold winters. :thumb:

Even in my college days, Missoula had a good choice of comforters for those winters. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
I hope the coach let them see what can keep them warm in the long cold winters. :thumb:

Even in my college days, Missoula had a good choice of comforters for those winters. :thumb:

Don Read always had the Sugar Bears to "show the recruits" around. :tounge:

kemajic said:
The SacSt stuff doesn't bother me in the least. It's likely that after the kid got to SacSt, the UM option emerged and along with it the enlightenment of the two program's relative track records. The kid passed that IQ test. It would be nice if the weather was a little better this weekend, though.

Good point.

I give all credit in the world to you guys and your program...You have the model sports program in the Big Sky.

But to be shocked that a player actually wants to go to a school other than Montana is kinda naive. Perhaps he wanted to go to a bigger city, be closer to home, or just liked the Sac State coaching staff? Whatever the reason, he was actually living in Sac and was ready to go. The admissions process is a little bit different here and something got messed up. Perhaps on the schools end? Perhaps on his end?

Who knows. Whatever the reason, he moved on to you guys and will probably love it.

StingersUp said:
I give all credit in the world to you guys and your program...You have the model sports program in the Big Sky.

But to be shocked that a player actually wants to go to a school other than Montana is kinda naive. Perhaps he wanted to go to a bigger city, be closer to home, or just liked the Sac State coaching staff? Whatever the reason, he was actually living in Sac and was ready to go. The admissions process is a little bit different here and something got messed up. Perhaps on the schools end? Perhaps on his end?

Who knows. Whatever the reason, he moved on to you guys and will probably love it.

The admissions process was fine. It sounds like he had to opportunity for something better and went with it. The second thread on SacBuzz outlined that pretty clearly...

Don't give Montana admissions too much credit. They really farked up Chambers admission to Montana and cost him several games.

Dallas, thanks for the good information. Missoula is a great town and Montana has a great football program and nice stadium and atmosphere. Lots of immediate room at receiver and running back--due to departures. Two of top 3 receivers graduate, and really 3 of top 4 are gone--as one receiver, a UW transfer, was hurt and didn't play last fall. Top rb's graduate--meaning 3 of top 4 have departed.

Trivia for you: Ben Olsen was born in Missoula.

Prior BYU transfers: Drew Miller, qb, and Dan DeCoite, lb. Miller became a first-team all-american. A receiver/returner committed to transfer a number of years ago, but never came.

ronbo said:
Don't give Montana admissions too much credit. They really farked up Chambers admission to Montana and cost him several games.

Name one thing that went smooth where Chambers was concerned. You can't lay all that on admissions.

Well he needed some credits because some didn't transfer from UW. YOU THINK admissions would have let him know during the spring semester when he could have taken the classes either in the spring or summer sessions? No they drop the bomb right at the start of fall semester! :lame:

ronbo said:
Well he needed some credits because some didn't transfer from UW. YOU THINK admissions would have let him know during the spring semester when he could have taken the classes either in the spring or summer sessions? No they drop the bomb right at the start of fall semester! :lame:

Griz Athletics employs an Academic Compliance person so they know precisely what the student/athlete needs. Let's at least place blame where it belongs.

Don't worry about the weather with these recruits, hell the bobcats just had like 5000 texas kids come for a visit and like 1800 of them have commited. Ok slight exaggeration but Texas vs bozeman weather you get the point!

a pattern appears to be developing and it's a bit worrisome. that said, nothing to do now but sit back and see how this situation plays itself out.

Kadeezy said:
BEWARE OF THIS KID AND HIS DAD!!!! CHECK OUT THESE TWO THREADS FROM OUR MESSAGE BOARD.

http://hornets.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35

http://hornets.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59

Kid is a ball of trouble it sounds like...

There is almost nothing in those threads that speaks to character. Sour grapes it sounds like...
I'm sure Sac State is a fine university but your football program blows. Winning Big Sky championships and competing in the playoffs makes the winters seem almost balmy.

Montanan said:
a pattern appears to be developing and it's a bit worrisome. that said, nothing to do now but sit back and see how this situation plays itself out.

what pattern is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back