• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Round 2: #12 Montana @ #4 Eastern Washington Game Thread

hiline1961 said:
jodcon said:
What a horrible play not to take the safety

Yeah, but he didn't expect to get blocked and was more focused on saving the TD

Yeah I know there's no time to think. But kicking that ball through the endzone is the right move.

grizchamp said:
jodcon said:

Agreed. Serious mental mistake.

Ever tried picking one of those up and going into the end zone? Not as easy as you think. About the time you bend down you get hit and lose the ball to an instant TD

Terrible punt formation discipline. Ewu had a straight line in. Thank goodness that is almost over. That won't happen under Hauck.

AZGrizFan said:
grizchamp said:
Credit that TD to special team extraordinaire Chris Lider.

Or his line's failure to block just about ANYONE on that play.

First he took about 20 minutes to even attempt to kick the ball. Then it gets blocked and he jumps on it on the 2 yard line.

Seriously how do you fault Lider for an unblocked defender running straight at him and blocking the punt? I'd say a breakdown in ST blocking assignments. Lider did good to keep the Eagles from scoring on that play. Then blame 12 for bad pass defense for giving up a TD. Maybe even some good play from EWU! You guys are something else.

Hermey late to the play........staying home for the run..........VA rolls to the opposite side and Hermey is found chasing the receiver that caught the TD from the rollout

hiline1961 said:
grizchamp said:
jodcon said:

Ever tried picking one of those up and going into the end zone? Not as easy as you think. About the time you bend down you get hit and lose the ball to an instant TD

You don't pick it up, you either bat it or boot it into the cheap seats. You can't try to recover inside the 1.

hiline1961 said:
grizchamp said:
jodcon said:

Yes I have. And you don't need to pick it up and take it in. You can hit it or kick it through the back of the end zone

grizchamp said:
hiline1961 said:
grizchamp said:
jodcon said:

Yes I have. And you don't need to pick it up and take it in. You can hit it or kick it through the back of the end zone

Point taken - I just remember in high school where I tried to pick it up and was knocked on my ass while the other team recovered.

Back