• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rohrbach Flying Away

mthoopsfan said:
I think ASU will get him to punt for them, unless they have a very good punter. Why doesn’t he transfer to the Air Force Academy?

So in order to be accepted to the Air Force Academy as i understand it, you have to pass a bunch of tests, physicals and such, and have a recommendation from your state senator to go to the academy. Now that doesn’t guarantee you are even accepted but it’s the steps you have to take. It’s not like simply applying for UM or MSU.

The ROTC program at ASU gives him the best chance to go to the academy after graduation and then he would be an officer instead of an Airman.

As Patrick’s brother, it’s hard to see him leave the griz because he truly has been excited to play for this team all his life, but our family love of airplanes has been even stronger. He wants the Air Force, I work at Boeing in Renton, WA as a P8-A Engineer, and we all love the model airplanes. I have nothing but love and respect for him wanting to serve our country.

mthoopsfan said:
I think ASU will get him to punt for them, unless they have a very good punter. Why doesn’t he transfer to the Air Force Academy?
grizfan07 said:
mthoopsfan said:

So in order to be accepted to the Air Force Academy as i understand it, you have to pass a bunch of tests, physicals and such, and have a recommendation from your state senator to go to the academy. Now that doesn’t guarantee you are even accepted but it’s the steps you have to take. It’s not like simply applying for UM or MSU.

The ROTC program at ASU gives him the best chance to go to the academy after graduation and then he would be an officer instead of an Airman.

As Patrick’s brother, it’s hard to see him leave the griz because he truly has been excited to play for this team all his life, but our family love of airplanes has been even stronger. He wants the Air Force, I work at Boeing in Renton, WA as a P8-A Engineer, and we all love the model airplanes. I have nothing but love and respect for him wanting to serve our country.

grizfan07 said it quite eloquently. I was gonna say its invitation only, not like YOU join THEM. Fraternities, like the Mafia, have similar requirements. Ya gotta be asked. Sucks to lose him, but its his life, and he knows what he wants to do with it. :thumb:

mthoopsfan said:

I see that ASU has a very good returning punter. Two-year punter. Averaged 46 last season.

mthoopsfan said:

One cannot just “transfer” to the AFA. :lol: :lol:

grizfan07 said:
mthoopsfan said:

As a 27-year Naval officer, I salute his desire to serve. Sure wish he’d chosen Army instead and stayed with the Griz and punted! :lol: :lol:

Congrats to you Mr. Rohrbach. Happy you are chasing your dreams. I worked at Malmstrom AFB for over a decade & met some of the nicest people from all over the world. My hat is off to you young Man! Keep in touch with us E-Grizers!

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Nonsense. With the portal, players can transfer wherever they want. This is all Bobby’s fault. If he was developing his punters, he would’ve known what Rohrbach wanted to do. How hard could it be to get a fighter jet or two and train him to fly them? The game has passed this staff by.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

He could seek a nomination and apply as a frosh.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Nonsense. With the portal, players can transfer wherever they want. This is all Bobby’s fault. If he was developing his punters, he would’ve known what Rohrbach wanted to do. How hard could it be to get a fighter jet or two and train him to fly them? The game has passed this staff by.

Ok….I never get into arguments on E-Griz because what good do they do, but you do not know what you’re talking about. As Patrick’s brother, this move has nothing to do with the coaches or the team in any way, on the contrary, Patrick LOVES Hauck. Patrick has wanted to go into the Air Force long before even playing for the griz. UM does not have an air force ROTC program, only Army ROTC. And there isn’t even a guarantee he gets to fly jets either. You basically have to pass at the top of your class in everything with a college degree to even be considered to get into a Jet. He may only get to fly Cessnas for awhile. Who knows. And as for “how hard could it be get a fighter jet or two,” they cost hundreds of millions of dollars to operate and maintain and the training is more extensive than any other program in the world. One of the requirements is to pass the centrifuge test. Basically they put you in a machine that spins at a specific RPM creating artificial gravity up to 10 Gs. Essentially, your 200 lb body now weighs 2000 lbs. and you’re expected to not pass out and hold that amount of force until the instructors say to stop. He wants to get into a fighter jet and has the drive to do it.

Patrick has loved the Griz as we all have since he could walk. I’ve been going to games since ‘07 when I was old enough, and my family since the late 80’s/early 90’s. If he could do the Air Force ROTC here and play football, he wouldn’t leave. But the Air Force has always been an option even if he didn’t go to the NFL or play football in college to begin with.

So this goes for the rest of the E-Griz posters, unless you know factual information on why he wants to leave or have spoken with him, don’t say anything negative about the program or him regarding his decision and try to play the blame game.

grizfan07 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ok….I never get into arguments on E-Griz because what good do they do, but you do not know what you’re talking about. As Patrick’s brother, this move has nothing to do with the coaches or the team in any way, on the contrary, Patrick LOVES Hauck. Patrick has wanted to go into the Air Force long before even playing for the griz. UM does not have an air force ROTC program, only Army ROTC. And there isn’t even a guarantee he gets to fly jets either. You basically have to pass at the top of your class in everything with a college degree to even be considered to get into a Jet. He may only get to fly Cessnas for awhile. Who knows. And as for “how hard could it be get a fighter jet or two,” they cost hundreds of millions of dollars to operate and maintain and the training is more extensive than any other program in the world. One of the requirements is to pass the centrifuge test. Basically they put you in a machine that spins at a specific RPM creating artificial gravity up to 10 Gs. Essentially, your 200 lb body now weighs 2000 lbs. and you’re expected to not pass out and hold that amount of force until the instructors say to stop. He wants to get into a fighter jet and has the drive to do it.

Patrick has loved the Griz as we all have since he could walk. I’ve been going to games since ‘07 when I was old enough, and my family since the late 80’s/early 90’s. If he could do the Air Force ROTC here and play football, he wouldn’t leave. But the Air Force has always been an option even if he didn’t go to the NFL or play football in college to begin with.

So this goes for the rest of the E-Griz posters, unless you know factual information on why he wants to leave or have spoken with him, don’t say anything negative about the program or him regarding his decision and try to play the blame game.

Alright, I thought my suggestion that the program should’ve acquired a fighter jet or two made it obvious enough that I was joking. There are a few users here who sincerely attempt to criticize the staff for anything and everything. I was poking fun at them. As I noted in an earlier (and serious) post in this thread, I think it’s awesome Patrick gets to follow his dream. And if anything good came from my sarcastic post, you gave us all a lot of information we might not have known!

CDAGRIZ said:
grizfan07 said:

Alright, I thought my suggestion that the program should’ve acquired a fighter jet or two made it obvious enough that I was joking. There are a few users here who sincerely attempt to criticize the staff for anything and everything. I was poking fun at them. As I noted in an earlier (and serious) post in this thread, I think it’s awesome Patrick gets to follow his dream. And if anything good came from my sarcastic post, you gave us all a lot of information we might not have known!

I agree there are lots of people who want to criticize this program for anything they can find. So far everyone has been nice and supportive of his decision but I feel like someone will say something negative about his character and that’s where I get upset.

grizfan07 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I agree there are lots of people who want to criticize this program for anything they can find. So far everyone has been nice and supportive of his decision but I feel like someone will say something negative about his character and that’s where I get upset.

I don’t think anyone is going to say anything negative about someone following a dream to do something that can’t be done at UM, but it’s eGriz, so I understand your concern. Again, I was bantering with AZ (as he does with me, and we both enjoy it). Apologies that it can be read differently. Rest assured that I don’t actually believe the program should have obtained fighter jets and trained you bro to fly them. I wish him the best of luck, and I don’t think he’ll need it. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
grizfan07 said:

I don’t think anyone is going to say anything negative about someone following a dream to do something that can’t be done at UM, but it’s eGriz, so I understand your concern. Again, I was bantering with AZ (as he does with me, and we both enjoy it). Apologies that it can be read differently. Rest assured that I don’t actually believe the program should have obtained fighter jets and trained you bro to fly them. I wish him the best of luck, and I don’t think he’ll need it. :thumb:

Thanks man, I appreciate that and I look forward to your questions for the GFP. And I went back and read the thread, sorry if I came off as standoffish. Just care for my brother and his dreams.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizfan07 said:

If our NIL program was as established as NDSU’s or the scats we could’ve certainly got a couple fighter jets for the ROTC kids. If Bobby had any idea how to pay this kids correctly, Patrick could fly his jet over the stadium before kickoff, then parachute out of it to be in the stadium for his punting duties.

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

If our NIL program was as established as NDSU’s or the scats we could’ve certainly got a couple fighter jets for the ROTC kids. If Bobby had any idea how to pay this kids correctly, Patrick could fly his jet over the stadium before kickoff, then parachute out of it to be in the stadium for his punting duties.

Speaking of futile and naive.

Yo...genius...the Air Force Academy doesn't accept transfers. As long as he's between 17-22 and meets all the criteria he could apply and compete for admissions for a spot in the next class but if he is chosen he would go in as a freshman.

Back