• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Remember Taiwan Jones?

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
I like your 5'9"/6'9" description. For a great Indian player, he didn't seem to be incredibly athletic. But he was incredibly good. If the game was close at the end, he was going to find a way to win.
I'm not a huge Bball fan, but one of my regrets is not getting to see Estes play. Anaconda High was different in the 60's.

I saw Estes play against the Cats in Bozeman, Big, smooth, great shooter, awesome hook shot, including from the corner. Both hands for the hook shot, I think I recall.
Mike Persia got to play against him in Logan when Mike was with the Griz and drew the defensive assignment. Mike said he felt pretty good holding him down to about 9 in the first half. Until Wayne put in 37 in the second half. He had pizzas sent to the visiting locker room and came in and spent personal time with every player before they left. Those who knew him say he was a better person than player. Could have been a hell of an NBA power forward.

He was certainly an All-Star as a person.

Back