• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

...regents...

Markson, you are the one that came off of his 'mountain' with your proclamations like they were written on stone.

markson161 said:
How is it different? “ if you’re afraid to leave your house without a mask maybe you should just stay home” , “if you’re afraid to leave your house without a gun maybe you should just stay home”
Guns do not need to be everywhere, just ask any teacher or professor who has been verbally or physically threatened.
Not all students are 18-22 year olds, there is a growing segment of older students especially in the satellite colleges. Older doesn’t necessarily mean wiser or more stable.
Guns do not belong in the work place, schooling or at a Griz football game.
I’ll take my chances if I’m ever in the situation with a shooter and I think my odds are definitely better than if half a dozen or more people try to be the hero and start shooting.
And yes, I have guns, all that I need.
Fxxk the NRA, learn how to vote for yourself

And why do you have these guns?

Interesting. The law enforcement academy requires cadets to secure their firearms in their vehicles. Won’t allow them in the dormitories. Yet, we have college kids with guns in dorms? I am pro second amendment and conceal carry (licensed). Guns don’t scare me. Untrained people do. College kids with guns on campus is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Recipe for disaster. Responsible gun owner/ handler are not synonymous with each other in many cases.

Copper Griz said:
Interesting. The law enforcement academy requires cadets to secure their firearms in their vehicles. Won’t allow them in the dormitories. Yet, we have college kids with guns in dorms? I am pro second amendment and conceal carry (licensed). Guns don’t scare me. Untrained people do. College kids with guns on campus is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Recipe for disaster. Responsible gun owner/ handler are not synonymous with each other in many cases.

don't forget alcohol is allowed in the dorms too, and I suppose with the legalization of marijuana it won't be long and those campus federal restrictions will eventually end up getting lifted. Add those to the mix and accidents will happen...On the other hand there are certain individuals that with proper screening and training might be good to have carrying concealed. It has been a while since I looked but don't you have to be 21yoa to buy a handgun thru a licensed dealer per federal law? So 18 yoa's from restrictive states will probably be clamoring to buy handguns just because it will be something new and exciting and empowering. Think of the kid who has been bullied or perceives they are being bullied. At least if a CCW permit is required there is some screening that goes on.

Anyone think that under the Biden administration that the feds won't with hold funding? Probably already has been discussed but I did not read thru the entire thread.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/in-depth/2018/09/27/305798/two-years-after-campus-carry-took-effect-has-anything-changed/

Pretty good article about Texas and campus carry laws...seems relatively smallish numbers of students have guns, and very few issues so far.

EverettGriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
The democrat left has been passing laws in the states and cities they control politically restricting gun ownership rights for 50 years. These mostly unconstitutional restrictions required law abiding citizens to go to court to challenge the laws and enforce their right(s). Fortunately the SCOTUS has been there to overturn the blessings of liberal lower court judges on these unconstitutional laws. Now we have Republican legislators and governors being proactive passing laws protecting this constructional right and restricting infringements and we get drivel about them not being needed. It saddens me to know seemingly educated people have no memory for that fact that most everyone who has ever lived on this planet has been ruled by authoritarians who had weapons the masses did not, and that most of the world's population still lives that way today. We don't live that way in most of the US and we are doomed if that ever changes.

We live the way we do in the United States because we have free and fair elections and peaceful transfer of power by those who lose elections. Unless you have a few hundred of these in your garage, it ain't our firearms keeping us from a totalitarian system:

Lockheed-Martin-F-22A-Raptor-trapezoidal-wing-730x486.jpg

Nonsense. Those flying that raptor took and oath to the constitution, which protects the right of the citizenry to bear arms. Defending the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic...in your example, the domestic threat would be those giving the order to use weapons of war against the citizenry.

...supreme court declines to take on cases ...
...declaring infringements on regents power...
...regents must now refile in district court...

... :argue: ...

zengriz said:
...supreme court declines to take on cases ...
...declaring infringements on regents power...
...regents must now refile in district court...

... :argue: ...

No surprise. I expect BOR to seek (and obtain) a TRO against enforcement of the statute in the next few days, likely by the close of business tomorrow.

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:
We live the way we do in the United States because we have free and fair elections and peaceful transfer of power by those who lose elections. Unless you have a few hundred of these in your garage, it ain't our firearms keeping us from a totalitarian system:

Nonsense. Those flying that raptor took and oath to the constitution, which protects the right of the citizenry to bear arms. Defending the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic...in your example, the domestic threat would be those giving the order to use weapons of war against the citizenry.

Right. Which has never happened, and still doesn't explain the "we need our AR13 to protect us from the gummit!!!" argument. It's silly and ridiculous, and that's coming from a gun owner and supporter. The only thing keeping us safe is our democracy and electing people who protect it.

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Right. Which has never happened, and still doesn't explain the "we need our AR13 to protect us from the gummit!!!" argument. It's silly and ridiculous, and that's coming from a gun owner and supporter. The only thing keeping us safe is our democracy and electing people who protect it.

Never happened? A government banning, prohibiting, or taking the weapons of its citizenry?

Soviet Union 1918. 15 Mil citizens killed. Soviet satellites post WWII: Bulgaria, Hungary, East Germany

National Germany 1938 prohibited most from owning guns including all Jews. We know how that turned out.

CUBA 1959. 141,000 citizens killed.

Venezuela. 2012. Citizens dominated by the government.

Those are just recent and notable examples...and don't include the cess pool that is the Middle East.

Our Framers knew....no Nation is immune to this. They codified an armed citizenry making it very, very difficult for our govt to dominate us.

I am grateful

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Never took you as that naive, Everett.

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Never happened? A government banning, prohibiting, or taking the weapons of its citizenry?

Soviet Union 1918. 15 Mil citizens killed. Soviet satellites post WWII: Bulgaria, Hungary, East Germany

National Germany 1938 prohibited most from owning guns including all Jews. We know how that turned out.

Those are just recent and notable examples...and don't include the cess pool that is the Middle East.

Our Framers knew....no Nation is immune to this. They codified an armed citizenry making it very, very difficult for our govt to dominate us.

I am grateful

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Copper Griz said:
Damn well said! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I am grateful

Great post! Those who believe that a totalitarian government who subjugates their people by intimidation and violence are very naive. If these folks studied history more, they would understand it. For example, only 10% of the German population were Nazis when Hitler first gained power. Yet, the Nazis were able to force their radical philosophies on the entire populace, by intimidation, coercion, and public executions of those who would not comply.
In addition, the only reason Japan decided not to attack the mainland United States, is because our population was heavily armed, and they knew that they could not win such an invasion.

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I am grateful

Forgive me for excluding a prepositional phrase I assumed to be self-evident: It's never happened in the U.S.

Look, democracies are fragile, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. History as shown us that repeatedly. But if you honestly believe your Glock is going to protect us from tyranny I legitimately fear for the future of our nation.

hunt-ducks said:
SoldierGriz said:

I am grateful

Great post! Those who believe that a totalitarian government who subjugates their people by intimidation and violence are very naive. If these folks studied history more, they would understand it. For example, only 10% of the German population were Nazis when Hitler first gained power. Yet, the Nazis were able to force their radical philosophies on the entire populace, by intimidation, coercion, and public executions of those who would not comply.
In addition, the only reason Japan decided not to attack the mainland United States, is because our population was heavily armed, and they knew that they could not win such an invasion.
I'm not weighing in on the politics, not my circus not my monkeys. As a history teacher I feel that it my duty to point out that almost nothing posted here is historically accurate.

In the 1932 election in Germany (the last one before Hindenburg invited Hitler to form a government) the NAZI's got 12,000,000 votes in country with 44,000,000 registered voters. Even if every single Nazi supporter voted that's still 27% of the country who were openly Nazis. For comparison the Republican Party got about 31% of the vote in the 2020 election. The mythology that Hitler and the Nazis seized power and forced the average German to "convert" at gunpoint is nonsense.

The second point about Japan is even more historically wrong. The idea that hunt-ducks is referencing is from a FB post. A lot of which is taken from a video that posted back in 2012 by a State Senator from Missouri named Ed Emery. There is absolutely no evidence that Japan ever had a realistic plan to invade the mainland of the US.

And if you won't believe me, cause I'm a pinko Canadian from the land of Death Panels and 3 down football, google Professor James Holmes he teaches at the US Naval War College.

Weaponised stupidity is dangerous.

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

I am grateful

Forgive me for excluding a prepositional phrase I assumed to be self-evident: It's never happened in the U.S.

Look, democracies are fragile, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. History as shown us that repeatedly. But if you honestly believe your Glock is going to protect us from tyranny I legitimately fear for the future of our nation.

Our Nation's founders literally bounced a tyrannical government off our backs....with an armed citizenry. Sheesh

And, its not just my Glocks...it is millions of Glocks

Shouldn't scare you, it should comfort you.

Back