• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rayqaun Evans & Rollie Worster — Where are they now?

citay said:
Double post. I've made my point.

Pat yourself on your back why don’t you.... Good work on counting women’s hoops rosters thats impressive haha! The reality is we have had some really good players(good character kids too) in Montana the last few years that would have helped us and didn’t land them or even try . Sad because they don’t come around often... Obviously it is not about filling a roster with Montana kids(should go without saying), its about putting a good team together. If you don’t think these recruits would help us win games(and put fans in stands) then you are blind. I’ll even throw Kendal Manuel in the fray as his only D1 scholly offer was from OSU(not Griz out of high school).

Don’t be offended or butt hurt about a little salt thrown on Travis,(Taylor and Montgomery can vouch for that) no one is saying he isn’t doing a good job... He has just simply missed numerous opportunities with some legit D1 Montana kids

wyomingriz said:
citay said:
Double post. I've made my point.

Pat yourself on your back why don’t you.... Good work on counting women’s hoops rosters thats impressive haha! The reality is we have had some really good players(good character kids too) in Montana the last few years that would have helped us and didn’t land them or even try . Sad because they don’t come around often... Obviously it is not about filling a roster with Montana kids(should go without saying), its about putting a good team together. If you don’t think these recruits would help us win games(and put fans in stands) then you are blind. I’ll even throw Kendal Manuel in the fray as his only D1 scholly offer was from OSU(not Griz out of high school).

Don’t be offended or butt hurt about a little salt thrown on Travis,(Taylor and Montgomery can vouch for that) no one is saying he isn’t doing a good job... He has just simply missed numerous opportunities with some legit D1 Montana kids

You are the one that sounds butt hurt.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Hoops watcher said:
You seem to think "prospect" is a sure thing. Half of MLB could have drafted Mike Trout and 9 NFL teams could have had Mahomes. I like to see local kids get a shot as well but nothing is ever a sure thing.

Rayquan and Z Darko-Kelly were such hot commodities coming out of high school that neither had any D1 offers, and signed with Frontier schools.
You seem to have hard time comprehending, no one said Z should have been a Griz out of high school. The point was that Griz could have landed him as a transfer(he would have accepted a walk on) when he left Western. Tired of repeating myself but you have hard time. Evans was a hot commodity since his sophomore year in high school anyone with any hoops knowledge could see.... This group of Travis “protectors” on this board are a bunch of clowns!

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Rayquan and Z Darko-Kelly were such hot commodities coming out of high school that neither had any D1 offers, and signed with Frontier schools.
You seem to have hard time comprehending, no one said Z should have been a Griz out of high school. The point was that Griz could have landed him as a transfer(he would have accepted a walk on) when he left Western. Tired of repeating myself but you have hard time. Evans was a hot commodity since his sophomore year in high school anyone with any hoops knowledge could see.... This group of Travis “protectors” on this board are a bunch of clowns!

Rayquan signed with Rocky but went the juco route...not sure how that equates to hot commodity. As for Darko-Kelly, I will lose zero sleep that UM had no interest in him as a walk-on. You want to whine about this topic, but in reality, the only big miss was letting Wooster get away.

HelenaHandBasket said:
wyomingriz said:

Rayquan signed with Rocky but went the juco route...not sure how that equates to hot commodity. As for Darko-Kelly, I will lose zero sleep that UM had no interest in him as a walk-on. You want to whine about this topic, but in reality, the only big miss was letting Wooster get away.
Z would be Griz top player

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Z would be Griz top player

Z wouldn't even be in the rotation.

HelenaHandBasket said:
wyomingriz said:
I guessed you would say that(cause Travis had no interest)
If Z stays healthy he will have long pro career

Why I am saying that has zero to do with TD.

I’ve read your posts, for quite a while and laughed at how much you salivate over everything TD. Keep it up and maybe TD let you mow his lawn for free

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Why I am saying that has zero to do with TD.

I’ve read your posts, for quite a while and laughed at how much you salivate over everything TD. Keep it up and maybe TD let you mow his lawn for free

You seem to have hard time comprehending. I personally can't stand what TD wants to do on the offensive end of the court and am for the most part indifferent otherwise. I've read your last few days worth of posts and laugh at how outraged you are by everything TD. Keep it up and TD will continue to live in your head rent free.

HelenaHandBasket said:
wyomingriz said:

You seem to have hard time comprehending. I personally can't stand what TD wants to do on the offensive end of the court and am for the most part indifferent otherwise. I've read your last few days worth of posts and laugh at how outraged you are by everything TD. Keep it up and TD will continue to live in your head rent free.

There! I stand corrected! Some good points

CopperGold14 said:
citay said:
For those of you who feel cheated that we don't have enough kids from Montana on the men's team, here's a simple solution: Go over to the Lady Griz. Eight girls from Montana.

Oh, and they just got walloped by a team from Bozeman whose key players are from Idaho, Utah and Wisconsin, with four more from Minnesota, two more from Idaho, and one more each from Colorado, New Mexico and Texas.

You make a great argument, for the current Lady Griz squad. However, they've thrived for 40 years with basically nothing but Montana kids. So your argument doesn't hold up well when tested over a larger sample size.

Ah yes, back in the day. Wasn't it wonderful? We won 70% of our games--over 80% at home. Our attendance ranked among the top schools in the country. And it is true: We did it with largely with homegrown talent. Even excluding the great players that got away from us, Montana has produced some terrific women players over the years. If you go to the GoGriz website, you'll see a Street & Smith article ranking us as the seventh best program in the country!

Oh, but wait a minute. Check the date. That Street and Smith article was from 25 years ago! And our record over the past four years? Uh, 52-69. We haven't defeated the Cats now in three years--and their best player, Darian White, from Boise, is only a sophomore. Montana State is now the dominant women's team in the state of Montana--and it's not close. We were thrilled last week, at home, to only lose by only ten points. A moral victory!

Truth is, Montana--thanks to Robin Selvig and the great natural homegrown Montana talent--got a big jump on the rest of the country when it came to women's basketball. Good for Robin. Great for us.

But then the other schools caught up. Montana State went out and recruited nationally when our recruiting area was confined to Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. More especially, Montana State recruited black athletes when we didn't.(I mean, have you watched Darian White?) If we beat Montana State once in the next two years, I'll be very surprised.

So bask in former glory if you must, because, well, when it comes to Lady Griz basketball, you pretty much must. The gap between now and our glory days is vast, and it's going to take some major changes in this program, especially when it comes to recruiting black athletes, to narrow that gap.

citay said:
CopperGold14 said:
You make a great argument, for the current Lady Griz squad. However, they've thrived for 40 years with basically nothing but Montana kids. So your argument doesn't hold up well when tested over a larger sample size.

Ah yes, back in the day. Wasn't it wonderful? We won 70% of our games--over 80% at home. Our attendance ranked among the top schools in the country. And it is true: We did it with largely with homegrown talent. Even excluding the great players that got away from us, Montana has produced some terrific women players over the years. If you go to the GoGriz website, you'll see a Street & Smith article ranking us as the seventh best program in the country!

Oh, but wait a minute. Check the date. That Street and Smith article was from 25 years ago! And our record over the past four years? Uh, 52-69. We haven't defeated the Cats now in three years--and their best player, Darian White, from Boise, is only a sophomore. Montana State is now the dominant women's team in the state of Montana--and it's not close. We were thrilled last week, at home, to only lose by only ten points. A moral victory!

Truth is, Montana--thanks to Robin Selvig and the great natural homegrown Montana talent--got a big jump on the rest of the country when it came to women's basketball. Good for Robin. Great for us.

But then the other schools caught up. Montana State went out and recruited nationally when our recruiting area was confined to Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. More especially, Montana State recruited black athletes when we didn't.(I mean, have you watched Darian White?) If we beat Montana State once in the next two years, I'll be very surprised.

So bask in former glory if you must, because, well, when it comes to Lady Griz basketball, you pretty much must. The gap between now and our glory days is vast, and it's going to take some major changes in this program, especially when it comes to recruiting black athletes, to narrow that gap.

I'm giving you the benefit of doubt on your comments, but have you ever stepped back and read your posts demanding that UM look for "black players" on the ladies' team? They are uncomfortably close to being racist even though I doubt that is your intent? Being a better than average basket ball player does not mean you must be of a certain color.

https://www.montanasports.com/college-sports/ncaa/missoulas-rollie-worster-turning-heads-in-freshman-basketball-season-at-utah-state

Back