• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rayqaun Evans & Rollie Worster — Where are they now?

Worster did get away and you can place some of the blame on DeCuire, but his request not to ask him to play football wasn't hardly an absurd one. Heard that request a number of times over the years from college coaches and even from High School Coaches. I don't ascribe to that theory myself, as I'd rather have kids play as many sports as possible, but it is hardly an irregular one.

Rollie is in a great place. There might not be a better basketball environment in the inter-mountain region than Logan. Great campus and they are mad about Aggie basketball there.

Recruiting is a two-way street and Worster's stock changed rapidly for the good after his Junior year. Travis lost a lot of leverage after offers and interest poured in and you can hardly fault a kid for taking a schollie offer from a top-tier MWC school like USU.

I think it is easy to crap over each of the parties here considering where each is at this point. They have nothing but cordial in public towards each other, but it is what it is.

tgreseth said:
I guess the highline is just far enough away for Decuire? I added Rhett's weight as I know that's important to a lot of folks on this Board...

YITB

thats great news hope he is a good one and stays a griz longer than most... Not sure what the correlation between Reynolds and Darko-Kelly/Worster? Hopefully this verbal doesn't want to play football next year

anchorage said:
Bottom Line: You’ve got a Hellgate kid who dearly wanted to stay and play for his hometown team and now he’s killing it in the MWC. Sucks for MT hoops fans!!!

If he “desperately wanted to stay” he would’ve stayed. He had an offer from a stable program that had minutes available at his position, instead he chose a bigger program that also wanted him. It’s possible TDC misplayed his hand, but it’s more likely that Rollie has a bigger opportunity and jumped on it. In any case, things seem to have worked out pretty well for both parties.

DPGriz said:
anchorage said:
Bottom Line: You’ve got a Hellgate kid who dearly wanted to stay and play for his hometown team and now he’s killing it in the MWC. Sucks for MT hoops fans!!!

If he “desperately wanted to stay” he would’ve stayed. He had an offer from a stable program that had minutes available at his position, instead he chose a bigger program that also wanted him. It’s possible TDC misplayed his hand, but it’s more likely that Rollie has a bigger opportunity and jumped on it. In any case, things seem to have worked out pretty well for both parties.

Just curious. How did it work out pretty well for the DeCuire/UM party? Don't understand.

PlayerRep said:
DPGriz said:

Just curious. How did it work out pretty well for the DeCuire/UM party? Don't understand.

:lol: :lol:

PlayerRep said:
DPGriz said:

We've got a couple of great freshman guards of our own.

DPGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Hello? You seem to be struggling, It's not even critical thinking! I will help you, the winner is... Utah State!

wyomingriz said:
DPGriz said:

Hello? You seem to be struggling, It's not even critical thinking! I will help you, the winner is... Utah State!

You seem to be struggling. Compare stats between all the freshmen and consider the make up of Utah State and Montana teams. They are not dependent on him. He is a smaller piece of his team. Come back and talk to us in a year or 2.

This is turning into yet another asinine thread because it's a situation where two things are true at the same time.

Would I have liked Worster stay with us? Of course. For whatever reason, he didn't pick us. So be it. I wish him continued success.

Am I happy with Vazquez, Beasley and Whitney? Absolutely! They DID pick us. They're all great kids-- and exceptional talents.

See? Two things can be true at the same time.

Rollie, Rayquan, Z Darko-Kelly — three unbelievable Montana prospects (Two of them within walking distance of campus) and now we’ve got a losing team with a bunch of unproven freshman having to play major roles. Unfair to fans, the freshman, and local recruits for crying out loud!

These apologists are drinking tainted Kool-aid... They are pretending not to understand importance of recruiting in your back yard which has been miserable. Don' forget about Sentinel kid(also within walking distance) signing with the kittens and has major UM connections. Hmmmm? I am sure that will also be a win/win

For those of you who feel cheated that we don't have enough kids from Montana on the men's team, here's a simple solution: Go over to the Lady Griz. Eight girls from Montana.

Oh, and they just got walloped by a team from Bozeman whose key players are from Idaho, Utah and Wisconsin, with four more from Minnesota, two more from Idaho, and one more each from Colorado, New Mexico and Texas.

citay said:
For those of you who feel cheated that we don't have enough kids from Montana on the men's team, here's a simple solution: Go over to the Lady Griz. Eight girls from Montana.

Oh, and they just got walloped by a team from Bozeman whose key players are from Idaho, Utah and Wisconsin, with four more from Minnesota, two more from Idaho, and one more each from Colorado, New Mexico and Texas.

You make a great argument, for the current Lady Griz squad. However, they've thrived for 40 years with basically nothing but Montana kids. So your argument doesn't hold up well when tested over a larger sample size.

wyomingriz said:
Hoops watcher said:
You have some kind of citation that these recruits even wanted to come to UM? I'm not "in the know" about these things, you seem to imply you are, so let's hear the scoop.

can you read? Didn't say anything about Darko or Evans just about the kid a mile from campus. Not sure if you understand the word "citation" as this is a message board dumba$$. However, since you ask, i do have direct knowledge with Darko-Kelly and Rollie... Decquire requested Rollie not play football his senior year which led to him withdrawing. Darko-Kelly only wiff was from Western out of high school then transferred to Providence 2 years ago, before he transferred me made a run at Griz who had no interest... All i know about Evans is his dad was a Griz and he signed with Rocky before NIC. I would make crazy guess that he would choose Griz over Rocky?

No need to be a dickhead. I was curious about things and had not your perspective, thanks.

CopperGold14 said:
Rollie, Rayquan, Z Darko-Kelly — three unbelievable Montana prospects (Two of them within walking distance of campus) and now we’ve got a losing team with a bunch of unproven freshman having to play major roles. Unfair to fans, the freshman, and local recruits for crying out loud!

I think your bitching and moaning is unfair to the young men suiting up in maroon.

CopperGold14 said:

You seem to think "prospect" is a sure thing. Half of MLB could have drafted Mike Trout and 9 NFL teams could have had Mahomes. I like to see local kids get a shot as well but nothing is ever a sure thing.

wyomingriz said:
These apologists are drinking tainted Kool-aid... They are pretending not to understand importance of recruiting in your back yard which has been miserable. Don' forget about Sentinel kid(also within walking distance) signing with the kittens and has major UM connections. Hmmmm? I am sure that will also be a win/win

I like how you are making accusations but really don't know anything.

Hoops watcher said:
CopperGold14 said:

You seem to think "prospect" is a sure thing. Half of MLB could have drafted Mike Trout and 9 NFL teams could have had Mahomes. I like to see local kids get a shot as well but nothing is ever a sure thing.

Rayquan and Z Darko-Kelly were such hot commodities coming out of high school that neither had any D1 offers, and signed with Frontier schools.

Back